Post by 3dtoon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:38 pm

I have installed the Newsletter Module (OpenCart Addon) where in the Admin I can view the people that has register.

Regards

Post by imaginetech » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:41 pm

TAC wrote:Hi all,

I hope I'm not going to make a fool of myself by asking a dumb question again but...

I've uploaded the latest version of the Mailchimp mod. I've done the sync from admin but no new subscribers appear in the Mailchimp list itself. Am I missing out a step?

I'm using OC v1.4.9.2 and I know there is definitely a new customer to sync.

Make sure that double optin is set correctly otherwise from memory it sends out a confirmation email to the subscriber.

www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.

Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by TAC » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:55 am

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I tried the sync a few times after setting myself up as a new customer with my own email address and then discovered several confirmation emails.

I've obviously got the 'double opt in' thing wrong - where do I look to fix it?

TAC

Location - England

Post by imaginetech » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:40 am

You can edit the double optin setting within the modules settings page.

Thank you.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by komarik » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:19 am

Is there a way to insert the form into the footer.

Thanks

Post by Digital Sushi » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Is it possible to have a person sign up with their name and surname as well? I want to use Mailchimp's Merge Tags.

Location - South Africa

Post by imaginetech » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Not in the current module.

I have thought about this a bit and at the moment have built the module to require the least possible input from non-customers (front end module only requires email). My thinking is that visitors are inclined not to sign up for email lists to start with and would be less inclined to sign up to an email list if they have to give away more personal information than is necessary.

This is just my view though.

I have a number of suggestions from users already and I may look at including optionally set fields in the next release so you can choose whether or not to require a firstname and lastname etc.

Thank you.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by komarik » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Not sure if its a bug, but when you press "Enter" button it takes you back to the homepage, instead of subscribing the user. Is there a way to fix this.

Thanks

Post by Digital Sushi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 am

So when are we going to see a new version?

I think that having a customer's name and surname as mandatory fields should be an option on the admin side of things.

Location - South Africa

Post by imaginetech » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:57 am

Digital Sushi wrote:So when are we going to see a new version?

I think that having a customer's name and surname as mandatory fields should be an option on the admin side of things.
In short, when I have time to do it.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by mex » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:24 am

Hello every body
I need hepl on mailchimp. Im trying to get this module to work however when I type in an email, I get the following error:
Notice: Undefined index: email in
I recently bouth futura template and upgrade to opencart 1.4.9.3

Thank you
Mex

(thank you I fixed the problem)

mex

Post by kim.portrait » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:29 am

Hello, experts.

I need help with installation of Mailchimp module on opencart 1.4.9.3. The site is here: http://www.marinakimart.com
I have uploaded the folder, copied theme files into the template I am using, but the module doesn't show up in extensions. Can anyone guide me through the installation process? Where do I get it wrong?

I previously had newsletter module by Qphoria installed and it worked fine. I realised later, after signing up with Mailchimp, that my newsletter module is a bit of a dead end. Added mailchimp module - it doesn't show up in extenisions. Uninstalled it, no difference. Deleted the mailchimp foulder, uploaded it again - no difference. Help, please!

Just a note. I uploaded the zip file of the module into my root directory and unzipped it there. Was it wrong?

Post by imaginetech » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:36 am

You need to unzip the file and then copy the contents of the upload directory into the base directory of your OpenCart install.

The base directory is the directory with admin/ catalog/ system/ etc etc.

The fact that it is not showing up as an installable module points to it not being installed correctly.

Thank you.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by kim.portrait » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi, Imaginetech

Thank you for your quick response. The problem is, after I followed your advice (unzipped, uploaded the contents into the base directory) I cannot access my store/admin: http://www.marinakimart.com/admin/... Have been trying to restore the files since this morning. Any further advice?

Thanks.

Post by cmohunter » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:28 pm

komarik wrote:Not sure if its a bug, but when you press "Enter" button it takes you back to the homepage, instead of subscribing the user. Is there a way to fix this.

Thanks
Were you able to get an answer to this question as I am experiencing the same thing. If you solved it, please share!

Thanks.

Post by cmohunter » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:17 pm

I recently installed the Mailchimp extension but cannot sync with my Mailchimp list. I noticed, as did another user in the thread, that once you click to 'sync' within the mailchimp module, it hangs.

On line 125 of admin/view/template/module I found <a href=#> so I changed it to <a href="http://us2.api.mailchimp.com/1.3/:>

It still hangs, so it wasn't resolved. I would great appreciate it if someone could tell what this setting should be and/or what else I need to do to fix it!

Thanks

Post by komarik » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:41 am

cmohunter wrote:
komarik wrote:Not sure if its a bug, but when you press "Enter" button it takes you back to the homepage, instead of subscribing the user. Is there a way to fix this.

Thanks
Were you able to get an answer to this question as I am experiencing the same thing. If you solved it, please share!

Thanks.
No.. Still the same issue.

Post by Ljubo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:07 pm

I have a small problem...

installed module mailchimp on 1.4.9.4 and all was working ok, I think.
suddenly, the subscribe/submit button does not work anymore.
I was reinstalling the whole module but not effect.
by chance I realized that the Submit button does not work but only when I am on Home page.
It is working on all other pages!

I think it is simple problem, but I would need some help since I am not familiar with php.

While I am still here, for some time now, I have similar problem with HOME tab marking when selected.
You know, the active tab should be in blue color while other tabs remain white.
Well, at index page, all are white!

Any advice?

Location - Serbia

Post by imaginetech » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:05 pm

The module has been updated to work with OpenCart v1.5.0.* and now includes last name and first name fields as an option.

Thank you.

Available from http://www.opencartstore.com

www.opencartstore.com

Post by SelfSus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi imaginetech

Been using your module for about a month now and all was well, had >100 subscribes with you mod so I know it was working.

This morn a customer mailed and said that she could not sign-up, she had the same 'little wheel' going round and round issue as posted here before.

I found that similar to Cyberdude, if I clicked elsewhere and then retried to submit and email addy it worked with no issues.

I then did a smart thing... :-\ I manually re-loaded all the mailchimp module files into their correct locations, overwriting the original files.

Now, when I click edit under modules I come to a blank page.... where should I be looking?

lastly, I'm on Ver 1.4.9.5

Selfsustainable farmer living the dream. http://www.livingseeds.co.za

Location - ZA