Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:05 pm

OpenCart forums now have support for "Tapatalk" mobile support. To access it, simply load up tapatalk on your smartphone and search for opencart.com. Some great features that I find useful here. It allows you to set "favorite" forums so you can filter out the ones you don't want to see. It also can be set up to notify you for new posts in certain forums.

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app that supports the following mobile phones:
  • iPhone
  • Android
  • webOS
  • Windows Phone 7
  • BlackBerry
  • Nokia
You can find tapatalk on the respective app stores
Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Administrator

Post by msmith » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Great !!!.... You mean Opencart Community Forums, right?

Post by Daniel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 am

$23 dollars. I'm not paying that.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:33 am

Daniel wrote:$23 dollars. I'm not paying that.
+ the costs of your mobile provider.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by miguel123 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:05 am

i2Paq wrote:
Daniel wrote:$23 dollars. I'm not paying that.
+ the costs of your mobile provider.
$23 Hong Kong dollars is about $3 US dollars.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:10 am

Yea its only $3 usd for the phone app.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:56 am

Aha, HK Dollars, that makes a difference.

I'm waiting for my Android 10.1" Tablet so I can connect it to my Samsung Galaxy S for Internet connection, I think a 10.1" screen is much better then that from the Galaxy 8)
This instead of a Asus 1005HA-H Eeepc I use normal on the road.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:51 am

I agree that 7" is the wrong size for a tablet. I think 8.9" is the best in between. I have an 8.9" netbook now and I could totally see ripping off the monitor and holding it like a tablet. 10.1" may be too big.. but I've not held one yet. But the 7" is too small to be worth it IMO

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:02 pm

I see there are quite a few andorid users here. good. I have been buying smart phones now for over 5 years. I current have a htc desire hd.

the new samsung tablets are advertised all over hong kong at the moment.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:24 pm

In my personal opinion, I'd like to see samsung exit the mobile world. They try so hard to make crap seem good and fail miserably. I've tried a handful of samsung phones over the year. Back in the flip phone days their phones would lockup all the time.
In the smart phone world they have created 3 phones on my carrier
Samsung Moment
Samsung Transform
Samsung Intercept

All of them about 6 months apart... All of them are exactly the same piece of shit phone.

HTC should be the official Android phone maker as they are the only ones I've seen do it right. Their SenseUI saved Windows Mobile 6 by making it somewhat usable and it actually makes android much nicer to work with as well. My wife has the Samsung Moment now and i'm afraid she is going to throw it at me sometimes because its so slow and widgets and stuff stop working randomly on it. They make budget line crap and keep forcing it down our throats.

Samsung should stick to HDTVs.. thats the only thing they do exceptionally well.

Administrator

Post by marc_cole » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Qphoria wrote: My wife has the Samsung Moment now and i'm afraid she is going to throw it at me sometimes because its so slow and widgets and stuff stop working randomly on it.
What!? You didn't get her an iPhone for Valentines Day? What kind of a husband are you??? ;)

OpenCart v1.4.9.4
VQMod | Categories Home | Cleaner By Default - 2 Column | Speak Good English

Location - Seattle, WA

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:39 pm

marc_cole wrote:
Qphoria wrote: My wife has the Samsung Moment now and i'm afraid she is going to throw it at me sometimes because its so slow and widgets and stuff stop working randomly on it.
What!? You didn't get her an iPhone for Valentines Day? What kind of a husband are you??? ;)
So many of the people I work with are apple "fanboi's".. you'd think I work at apple!
Everyone has the iPhone, iPad, iMacs, macbooks, apple tvs etc.. Due to a special discount I had on my carrier, I didn't want to switch to crapy AT&T as their service is quite a popular joke in USA... So when my carrier got the EVO 4G i jumped right on... and now I'll never look back. iPhone does have the upperhand in having a more structured app store, which is why they get the better stuff first.. but Android is on the rise and soon enough I figure there will be a full xbox360 vs ps3 thing going on here where both platforms will be developed equally.

If my carrier offered the iPhone I might get it for my wife... I still only pay $50/month on my employee plan for 500 min and unlimited everything else for Android with 4G which is a far cry from the $70+ you pay on other carriers so its not worth it to switch. Plus sprint's coverage and quality is great in my area.

However, I am in the market for a tablet. The question is, does it make any sense for people with iPhones to get an iPad? no.. its the same damn thing. But it might make sense for a person with an android phone to get an iPad so I can have the best of both worlds. But the Motorola xoom also catches my eye.. but then i'll just have a small android and a big android so that probably wouldn't make sense either.... so we will have to see what happens after playing with them both.

Administrator

Post by madimar » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Since a couple of days I can't access anymore to opencart forum via Tapatalk. Has something been changed?

M

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by Ggaivg » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:22 am

madimar wrote:Since a couple of days I can't access anymore to opencart forum via Tapatalk. Has something been changed?

M
I'm having the same problem.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:05 am

Daniel at one point said he wanted to get rid of it thinking nobody used it.. but I managed to delay him from removing it.. but he may have changed his mind as he has been doing some spring cleaning on the server. So I'm not sure at this time.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:25 am

sorry guys. i deleted a folder because i din;t know what it was there for.

sorry.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by madimar » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:04 pm

Could you please restore it? It is really a great tool, improving forum accessibiity.

Regards,

M

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by Daniel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:02 pm

i think Q did it already.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by madimar » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Great, now it works again! Thank you

M

Post by dragonfly-ie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 am

Get the error msg that the API key has expired.

Cheers for updating.

Dum spiro spero.