Post by cmebd » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:10 pm

SuperJuice wrote:The following module being sold on the OpenCart site from Kedge Group includes my work but no credit is given (that is all I ask for in my module notes).
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

I will no longer be maintaining this module. Thanks to all involved in furthering it's development.
Well perhaps if they cannot adhere to common courtesy and maintain the License commitments for the use of the module then they should not be able to advertise or sell on this site. Once again the minority are spoiling things for the majority.

It seems that Kedgegroup have "partnered" with OpenCart (as per their website - back in August) If they have partnered with OpenCart then they should adhere to any and all license agreements, especially when they are basing their "for a fee" product on a "free" module.

I am sorry that you are not continuing with development, I have enjoyed your product and the ease with which it loads, together with all the updates and enhancements, as I am sure have a lot of us Aussies and others.

My 2c worth.

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 am

They are now denying taking/using any of my code so I will paste some example here.

The denial is here:

Comment here:
kedgegroup
We have not derived or used the code from your module - Sean
I created the entire '4 methods' that are looped through, I find it completely unlikely that not only someone creates the same method, they use identical code to decide which methods to support.

My code :
if($country_info['iso_code_2'] == 'AU') {
if (!preg_match('/^[0-9]{4}$/', $address['postcode'])) { $error = 'Your post code is not valid in Australia';}

$validmethods = array("standard","express");
} else {
$validmethods = array("sea","air");
}
Kedge code:
if($country_info['iso_code_2'] == 'AU') {
if (!preg_match('/^[0-9]{4}$/', $address['postcode'])) { $error = 'Post Code provided is not Valid.';}
$validmethods = array("standard","express");
} else {
$validmethods = array("sea","air");
}

The language files used. I decided to only split out some of the language as I got lazy.. no other reason. They mysteriously split out exactly the same language (the additional language line is specific to their module.. or 'added on'. Notice the file is constructed exactly the same, in the exact same order and they call their addition an 'enhancement'.. an enhancement to what exactly? existing code?.

My code:
<?php
// Text
$_['text_title'] = 'Australia Post';
$_['text_express'] = 'Australia Post Express';
$_['text_standard'] = 'Australia Post Standard';
$_['text_sea'] = 'Australia Post International Sea';
$_['text_air'] = 'Australia Post International Air';
?>
Kedge code:
<?php
// Text
$_['text_title'] = 'Australia Post';
$_['text_express'] = 'Australia Post Express';
$_['text_standard'] = 'Australia Post';
$_['text_sea'] = 'Australia Post International Sea';
$_['text_air'] = 'Australia Post International Air';

//Later enchancements
$_['error_no_splits'] = 'We even tried to split the items!';
?>

In case there was any doubt, here is the code I wrote which strips the GST off the returned value so it can be passed in to OpenCart. If you read the history of this thread I discuss when I add this feature. This feature is unique to my module and as you can see the entire section of code is replicated line for line. You will also notice that my delivery estimate code is replicated line for line, this is some of the language I chose not to split into a separate language file above... (because I never got around to it).

You will also notice in the kedge code how variable names have been changed by prefixing them with 'sa', this is done throughout the code, and is also done with the file names, eg. auspost.php became saauspost.php.

My code:
$get_quote_charge = preg_match('/^charge=([0-9]{1,3}\.?[0-9]{0,2})/', $get_quote, $quote_charge);

if (!isset($quote_charge[1])) {
$auspost_quote[0] = -1;
$auspost_quote[1] = 'Error interfacing with Australia Post (charge)';
} else {
$post_charge = sprintf('%.2f', $quote_charge[1]);

if (floatval($this->config->get('auspost_handling')) > 0) {
$post_charge = sprintf('%.2f', $post_charge + floatval($this->config->get('auspost_handling')));
}

if ($this->config->get('auspost_stripgst')) {
$auspost_quote[0] = (($post_charge / 11) * 10);
} else {
$auspost_quote[0] = $post_charge;
}

$get_post_estimate = preg_match('/days=([0-9]{1,2})/', $get_quote, $post_estimate);

$auspost_quote[1] = '';

if ($this->config->get('auspost_estimate') && isset($post_estimate[1])) {
if (is_numeric($post_estimate[1])) {
if($post_estimate[1] == 1) {
$auspost_quote[1] = ' (est. ' . $post_estimate[1] . ' day delivery)';
} else {
$auspost_quote[1] = ' (est. ' . $post_estimate[1] . ' days delivery)';
}
}
}

}

Kedge Code:
$get_quote_charge = preg_match('/^charge=([0-9]{1,3}\.?[0-9]{0,2})/', $get_quote, $quote_charge);

if (!isset($quote_charge[1])) {
$sauspost_quote[0] = -1;
$sauspost_quote[1] = 'Error contacting Australia Post Server!';
} else {
$post_charge = sprintf('%.2f', $quote_charge[1]);

if (floatval($this->config->get('sauspost_handling')) > 0) {
$post_charge = sprintf('%.2f', $post_charge + floatval($this->config->get('sauspost_handling')));
}

if ($this->config->get('sauspost_stripgst')) {
$sauspost_quote[0] = (($post_charge / 11) * 10);
} else {
$sauspost_quote[0] = $post_charge;
}

$get_post_estimate = preg_match('/days=([0-9]{1,2})/', $get_quote, $post_estimate);

$sauspost_quote[1] = '';

if ($this->config->get('sauspost_estimate') && isset($post_estimate[1])) {
if (is_numeric($post_estimate[1])) {
if($post_estimate[1] == 1) {
$sauspost_quote[1] = ' (est. ' . $post_estimate[1] . ' day delivery)';
} else {
$sauspost_quote[1] = ' (est. ' . $post_estimate[1] . ' days delivery)';
}
}
}

}
Also found that Kedge are using the 100x100x100 dimensions that I used in this module before setting up volumetric shipping (also discussed in this thread), I compared the code to my older 145 module, as you can see.. it's a little similar.

My code:
$request_url = 'http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp ... _postcode=' . $this->config->get('auspost_postcode') . '&height=100&width=100&length=100&country=' . $country . '&service_type=' . $service . '&quantity=1&weight=' . $weight;

if(strtolower($country) == "au") {
$request_url .= '&destination_postcode=' . $dst_postcode;
}

Kedge code:
$request_url = 'http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp ... _postcode=' . $this->config->get('sauspost_postcode') . '&height=100&width=100&length=100&country=' . $country . '&service_type=' . $service . '&quantity=1&weight=' . $weight;

if(strtolower($country) == "au") {
$request_url .= '&destination_postcode=' . $dst_postcode;
}

If you need any more proof i'd be happy to provide it.

Post by SuperJuice » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:59 am

For some reason I just couldn't leave this alone.. it seems everyone is in this to make a quick buck, rather than openly contributing.

On the Extensions page it's $10 for a shipping extension for a single Australia Post prepaid satchel? :o

So I have added all Australia Post prepaid satchels to this module.

This includes
Regular Post 500g, 3kg
Express Post 500g, 3kg, 5kg
Express Post Platinum 500g, 3kg

It's all part of the original module and groups of satchels can be enabled/disabled like the other shipping methods. The removal of GST and the addition of handling charges is also applied to the price of the satchels.

To download the latest version of this module:

http://www.pixeldrift.net/opencart/open ... ost.tar.gz

If you have any issues with the satchel option please let me know. The satchels currently do not display delivery estimate.. I was planning to use the Auspost gateway to calculate this estimate.. but people may be happy with 1-2 days for Express and 2-3 days for regular as a static delivery estimate.

Please support this module by registering and voting on the module's page in the Extension section of the website:

The Kedge issue is still unresolved and I ask that their module be taken off the Extensions page as a show of support for community developers.

Post by cmebd » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:48 pm

A big thank you to you SuperJuice. I have downloaded an clicked on my vote. Hope all others who have used your extension since inception can do it too!

Cheers

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Post by megahuman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Such a fantastic addon, really helpful and easy to use so far!

One thing though that wasn't quite that easy to figure out is that I want to add a $5 handling charge to every item I have.

How may I achieve this?

Thanks so much in advance!

Web Design and Development at 7 Design

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:49 pm

megahuman wrote:Such a fantastic addon, really helpful and easy to use so far!

One thing though that wasn't quite that easy to figure out is that I want to add a $5 handling charge to every item I have.

How may I achieve this?

Thanks so much in advance!
Currently the handling cost is added for the parcel/shipment. If you want to add $5 handling to all items, why not increase the price of all items in the shop by $5?

Not sure I understand why you would need to add handling like this, keen to hear the scenario though.

Post by megahuman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:53 am

Oh because I wanted all the items in the store to be a set retail price, just wanted handling to add an extra $5 so it looks as though the items arn't as expensive as other stores. I dunno I'll work something out thanks

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:29 pm

megahuman wrote:Oh because I wanted all the items in the store to be a set retail price, just wanted handling to add an extra $5 so it looks as though the items arn't as expensive as other stores. I dunno I'll work something out thanks
This to me is a ridiculous and frivolous attempt at deception. I can tell you from experience in online sales that as soon as the customer gets to the checkout and sees the horrendously inflated shipping and handling charges they won't be coming back.

As for the shipping module, if anyone tests it on 1.4.9.2 please provide feedback in this thread (good or bad).

Cheers.

Post by megahuman » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:31 am

SuperJuice wrote:
megahuman wrote:Oh because I wanted all the items in the store to be a set retail price, just wanted handling to add an extra $5 so it looks as though the items arn't as expensive as other stores. I dunno I'll work something out thanks
This to me is a ridiculous and frivolous attempt at deception. I can tell you from experience in online sales that as soon as the customer gets to the checkout and sees the horrendously inflated shipping and handling charges they won't be coming back.

As for the shipping module, if anyone tests it on 1.4.9.2 please provide feedback in this thread (good or bad).

Cheers.
Thank you, I took your advice and added it just to the item itself, so there is no extra handling charges or anything. :)

Post by aswetzel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:26 am

Quick question. I am running your module on Version 1.4.9.1.

This is the staging site so far @ http://home.exetel.com.au/wetzel/openca ... ommon/home

My customer is in the process of getting an account set-up with Australia post which will be lower than the standard prices. Is there a way of implimenting these change so this module uses a particular customer account to regulate the prices. When they get the account set-up which should come through in 10 days time, they will send the Auspost IT contact to talk with.

There maybe other options like lower the weight for the product too. When the contract comes through will ask to view so I can see the price structure.

Thanks

Andrew

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:51 pm

aswetzel wrote:Quick question. I am running your module on Version 1.4.9.1.

This is the staging site so far @ http://home.exetel.com.au/wetzel/openca ... ommon/home

My customer is in the process of getting an account set-up with Australia post which will be lower than the standard prices. Is there a way of implimenting these change so this module uses a particular customer account to regulate the prices. When they get the account set-up which should come through in 10 days time, they will send the Auspost IT contact to talk with.

There maybe other options like lower the weight for the product too. When the contract comes through will ask to view so I can see the price structure.

Thanks

Andrew
The module uses live shipping calculations for all the prices, for that part of the module, modifying the prices would be difficult unless he is provided a static discount ie. 10% of all postage fees.

If Australia Post provide a private payment calculator for paying members the module would need to be tested with that (I don't have an account and have no idea if they offer a different gateway and if the calculator works the same way). In an ideal world it would be a different URL to access using the same style calculator.. if this was the case it would be trivial to change the URL that the module uses to the new calculator (in an ideal world!).

As for the postage satchels, their prices are calculated from a static table in the module itself which would be trivial to update if you were provided a new pricing schedule.

Post by cc6264 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Superjuice

Have just upgraded to 1.4.9.4 from 1.4.9.3 and now getting that token problem where it kicks you back to login screen. It also didn't work until I uninstalled then reinstalled the module. Any idea's - or is it just me?

Cheers
CraigG
PS I have the tokens checked.

Location - Sydney,Australia

Post by andrewmclagan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Hey guys,

I just want to thank the creator of this plug in for a job well done. I have just started using opencart and so far i love it. This payment module is a godsend, i have not installed it yet and i may need to modify it to work with the latest version of OC but im sure that will not be an issue and i will post my code here if this is needed.

Im also thinking about writing a small CMS extension for OC as this is one area that it is lacking in.

i will be contributing the code for free as OC is an opensource project and i will be making coin from it so i feel i should also contribute.

any suggestions?

Post by SuperJuice » Sat May 07, 2011 7:20 am

Can anyone else confirm the above issues with 1.4.9.4? or can anyone confirm that the module works correctly with 1.4.9.4?

I will have a look at it.

Post by mcs107 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:59 am

Hi Superjuice,
Just letting you know I have your Auspost module installed and working nicely on Opencart 1.4.9.4. Our customer wants only prepaid satchels as the available option, so am working through that, but otherwise modules works well.

Thankyou for continuing to update and maintain this essential module for us Ozzies.

Post by gazerooni » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Thank you SuperJuice for creating such a user friendly and indespensable tool for all us Aussies :)

I was looking at your code and was going to make a pre-paid satchel enhancement and realised how little I know about PHP! I have a client who is incorrectly getting prepaid satchels as an option even though the items in the cart have a length of 60cm (which obviously don't fit into a satchel). Not too interested in volume initially, we just want to make sure items that are too long or too wide remove the prepaid satchel option.

I imagine I would need to do the following:
- create an array for each prepaid satchel to store the dimensions
- loop through all the items to check the length, width and height
- if one of the dimensions is larger than the longest side of the satchel, then remove the prepaid satchel as an option
- if one of the dimensions is smaller than the largest length of the item, but the second largest length is longer than then second longest side of the satchel, then remove the prepaid satchel as an option

I would start by using some of the code at line 97 to get the length, width and height, create an array for the satchel dimensions and create a loop to check the item dimensions against the satchel sizes - does that sound about right?!

That'd be a pretty basic fix for 99% of the items in our client's store, but it would be better than under charging for postage (the client has lost money on a couple of sales because of this).

The other quick fix I thought of was to just increase the weight of the items so satchels aren't an option, but that would throw out all the other aus post calculations..

any ideas?

Thanks again

Post by cmebd » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:37 am

Hi SuperJuice,

Any chance of one for the 1.5.x version(s) of OC??

I really do appreciate your module and the work you put into all this.

Cheers

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Post by SuperJuice » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi gazerooni, thanks for the excellent feedback. I can look at adding a dimension restriction, it isn't something I had really thought of but it is an excellent point. Do Australia Post provide dimensions? if not, do you have any satchel dimensions handy that I could use for testing?

As for OC 1.5, this is the first I have heard about OC 1.5 (just received an email from a member) so jumping on to take a look. I hope to have something working for 1.5 in the near future, and it definitely isn't my intention to give up on this module!

For some reason my email notifications seem a bit hit and miss from here, so thanks to the member who emailed me!

Will keep you posted.

Post by SuperJuice » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:34 pm

I have updated the module for OpenCart 1.5.0.5

The following changes were made (from the changelog):
- Updated module to work with the 1.5.0 OpenCart release (internal variable / structure changes)
- Updated administration template to match new template system
- Updated Australia Post satchel pricing to match the new Australia Post pricing schedule
- Fixed bug that resulted in satchels being incorrectly displayed if parcel was overweight and handling fee was added (reported by gazerooni on opencart.com)

I have not uploaded it to the main site yet as I am waiting on some feedback from you guys!

You can grab it from here:

http://www.pixeldrift.net/opencart/open ... uspost.zip

Thanks to everyone for feedback and testing! please let me know if you have an issues using this module.

I haven't yet looked into the max dimension ideas raised above ^ but I did track down the satchel dimensions, so I do have something to work off (I will likely release an experimental version to test this.. and I will need to do it when I find more time!).

Post by gazerooni » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks so much for making the changes SuperJuice. Unfortunately my carts are running 1.4.9.x still. I installed your new module and obviously the admin site structure has changed too much as I am just getting an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function link() on a non-object in /........./admin/controller/shipping/auspost.php on line 85

So I couldn't test your module. I'll have to make up a new test cart on version 1.5 before I can test it sorry.