Post by philbydevil » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Just had a chance to upload vQmod. It's got to be the best "thingy" ever!!! Thanks Q!

I've always HATED modifying core files, and stopped upgrading my old cart (OSC) to newer versions because I'd made so many modifications and it was too much of a hassle to compare all the files. Not any more!

Now I've just got to go back and find all of the core edits I've made and turn them into xml files. Should be fun :bang:

BTW, here's my first attempt at a vQmod: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 0&p=130679, which seems to be working successfully.

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:06 am

jty wrote:I finally got around to looking at this vqmod thingy and ........ Holy Magic !!!! 'tis goooood
A big thank-you to Q
bout time! :)

Administrator

Post by Moggin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:37 am

Can I ask a noob question. I understood the concept of vQmod well enough, so I know it's ingenious, and revolutionary.... And I want to use it! :D ;)

But can I go through the details in simple terms:

1. You install vQmod in Opencart, by uploading the files and making the two minor amendments to index.php and admin/index.php

2. You drop your mod's vQmod .xml file into the vQmod's xml folder

3. Key point. If your mod doesn't yet have a vQmod .xml file version, you either
1) make one, if you know how
2) ask the developer to make a vQmod file for your chosen mod?

Is that right? ( --If so, any chance of a vQmod category/sorting option in the extensions section?)

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:28 am

Moggin wrote: 1. You install vQmod in Opencart, by uploading the files and making the two minor amendments to index.php and admin/index.php

2. You drop your mod's vQmod .xml file into the vQmod's xml folder

3. Key point. If your mod doesn't yet have a vQmod .xml file version, you either
1) make one, if you know how
2) ask the developer to make a vQmod file for your chosen mod?

Is that right? ( --If so, any chance of a vQmod category/sorting option in the extensions section?)
1. Yep
2. Yep
3a) Yep
3b) Yep

perhaps as vQmod gets bigger we could add a "has vQmod" flag

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:33 am

has Daniel show any interest in vQmod? I would be really nice if you could count on people having it installed. I'd love to see it incorporated in the core. I know it is a bit soon yet, but haven't heard anything from Daniel on it, so I didn't know what his temperature was with it.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by jty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:45 am

X, thanks for your pagination vqmod. I couldn't believe how easy it was to just put vqmod in, edit the 2 x index files, drop in your pagination xml and Voila`, magic before my eyes :yahoo:
Qphoria wrote:Ive got the xml generator almost done. Just adding the jquery for adding multiple files and operations. That should make it even easier to make then.
Is this ready yet ? Where can I buy a copy of it ?

jty

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:56 am

jty wrote:
Qphoria wrote:Ive got the xml generator almost done. Just adding the jquery for adding multiple files and operations. That should make it even easier to make then.
Is this ready yet ? Where can I buy a copy of it ?
This will be free. It got pushed back due to other work ive been doing but will be out asap as a page on the vQmod.com site.

Administrator

Post by jty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Qphoria wrote:This will be free. It got pushed back due to other work ive been doing but will be out asap as a page on the vQmod.com site.
Free :-* Free with a Donation link is just perfect. I will be patient. Thank-you

Is there anyway to write a vqmod that will change multiple files
For example, I want to change all instances of

Code: Select all

$this->data['continue'] = HTTP_SERVER . 'index.php?route=common/home';
with

$this->data['continue'] = HTTP_SERVER;
Can I do something like:

<file name="catalog/controller/checkoutcart/cart.php, catalog/controller/checkoutcart/success.php, catalog/controller/product/category.php">
a comma or some delimeter separated list of files ?

jty

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:41 pm

Not at this time. I've thought about some ways to make the same changes to multiple files but I have more testing to do

Administrator

Post by openmycart.com » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:23 pm

whether this vqmods has become an integral part OpenCart or separate?
if I'm not mistaken there was payment or shipping at previously separate with OC and then finally has become a part of OpenCart itself.

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here

Post by jty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:33 pm

OK. Thank-you.
I was also thinking of having sub-folders under the xml folder to help us keep our xml files neat. At the moment, I am naming them admin_ and catalog_ to help me easily identify them.
Such a shame Rome wasn't built in one day :)

jty

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Regarding being part of the core...
It is true that opencart has included a third party class (like dompdf :choke: ) in the past.
Knowing daniel's passion in keeping the core clean, and the way vQmod has to plugin directly to the index file, it is realistically highly unlikely that it will be added to the core...ever. But who knows what may happen in the future.

It is still very easy to add vQmod to opencart as it is which is something I find unique to opencart at this time. Ive been working on adding it to other projects but finding it to be difficult in the cases where includes are not centralized like they are in the startup.php file. So im looking in to ways to possibly automod or prepend. But thats still in the works.

Administrator

Post by jty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:55 pm

Just want to say that I am having issues in certain areas using vqmod on a xammp install on Windows XP Pro.
It's mucking up in checkout where the buyer enters their address and in admin Settings where we choose the template and also the image manager to select logo is now not showing any files to select tho it was working yesterday.
The erorrs are only intermittent and go away with a refresh browser.
I'm not overly concerned as my xammp install is only a test environment. My live install is OK.

jty

Post by Moggin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:04 am

Qphoria wrote:.. Yep
perhaps as vQmod gets bigger we could add a "has vQmod" flag
Oh, brilliant! Thanks!! :D

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:07 am

jty wrote: It's mucking up in checkout where the buyer enters their address and in admin Settings where we choose the template and also the image manager to select logo is now not showing any files to select tho it was working yesterday.
not sure what "mucking up" means nor any signs of vQmod being the culprit. What mods have you installed? Without any vqmods installed, it is completely transparent and none of what you are describing would act any different than if you didn't have it installed. The first function "modCheck" simply checks for mods on the file being loaded. If there are no mods, it returns the original file untouched.

Administrator

Post by philbydevil » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:39 am

Just a quick question about using "offset" with "bottom":

Here's the last 3 lines of my file:

} 	
}
?>
I want to insert the code like this:

}
NEW CODE	
}
?>
So, is this correct:

<search position="bottom" offset="2">
Thanks.

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by jty » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:58 am

Qphoria wrote:
jty wrote: It's mucking up ................
not sure what "mucking up" means .......
Sorry. I should know better than to be so vague. Mucking up means it is swearing a mouthful of abusive errors at me :choke:
I'll do a fresh install and methodically see if I can isolate the problem and report back if I discover anything worthy of reporting.
It is only on my xammp install so I'm not particularly concerned and it doesn't happen everywhere and it doesn't happen consistently. I suspect it might be that bug called Windows.

jty

Post by philbydevil » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:51 am

philbydevil wrote:Just a quick question about using "offset" with "bottom":

Here's the last 3 lines of my file:

} 	
}
?>
I want to insert the code like this:

}
NEW CODE	
}
?>
So, is this correct:

<search position="bottom" offset="2">
Thanks.
For anyone else that may be looking for this answer, I'm pretty sure that the above is correct.

I just finished reverting back to all original, unedited 1.4.9.3 core files, and all of my vQmods seem to be working perfectly. Thanks again Q... donation coming shortly.

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by Qphoria » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Well you can check as you go of course. see the file that gets generated in the vqcache folder and verify it. I think that is right... ;)

Administrator

Post by philbydevil » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Yep, that's the way I did it...

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1