Post by jrjfood » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi,
I sell new and used products and on my website I have categories for both new and used. But when I uploaded them to Google, they all say new because there is nowhere I can put the condition of the product in opencart. Can someone tell me where and how I can add a new this option? Thanks!!! :)

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:00 am

There isn't actually anywhere at present, so you'd need to do some customisation to your cart/db in order to get that to work

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by jrjfood » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 am

Ok, thanks...(I didn't know exactly where to post). What would need to be customized?

Post by justinv » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 pm

I don't know if you've made this modification yet, but in the interests of keeping this forum helpful, here's the answer!

You would need to add a condition column in your product database table, you would need to adjust your admin/model/catalog/product.php file addProduct and editProduct functions to update the condition field, you'd need to edit your product_form.tpl file (I think that's what it's called) to allow the inputting of the condition value, and then you could edit your google_base feed controller to print the condition.

Hope that helps someone. I made exactly these customizations for a client recently.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN