Post by jty » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Hello
Just wondering, is there an "append" version of this module?
Cuz - I'm adding fields and it looks like everytime I import, it cleans out the database and re-inserts the whole spreadsheet
But I don't know how to mod this module to include my new fields so I'm losing my tailor-made data fields

I'm probably asking for too much again  ::)

jty

Post by Qphoria » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:56 pm

That is what it does. You must first do an export of the existing table, then append to that, and then import the whole thing back.

Administrator

Post by jty » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:31 am

Where? I can't see it.
I added a short description field to the product_description table
I cannot use the Export/Import module for this short description field cos the export/import eats it up
Pre-specified fields are fine but if we add our own fields to the table, it eats it up

jty

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:07 am

Oh I see what you are saying. You want it to only delete the fields that it touches. instead of deleting all fields..
Hmm....

I guess if all the deletes were removed, and all the inserts were replaced with

UPDATE SET = REPLACE(, 'old', 'new')

since update replace will either update if exists or insert if not exists.
Not sure if thats the best approach.

Or maybe it should be dynamic and export & imports all tables it finds
Last edited by Qphoria on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by jty » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:32 am

Yeah, something like that.
The Franscais Carte appends new rows without touching the current ones but that's about all that's great about it.
I'm thinking about people with 10,000+ products and additional modded fields
If they had other fields not in the import, they would have a nightmare inputting all 10,000+ products x 5 options and import them at once and then go hunting for the data corruption.
If, on the other hand, the import didn't touch the existing rows, they could do them by eg categories. Check it, if it's OK, do the next category.
In my situation, I got lost with the options and matching it to the product ID  :-[

jty

Post by bruce » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Update would then not delete any products that you wanted to remove via the spreadsheet.

The product_id is maintained by import/export so perhaps a better way of implementing additional fields would be in a separate table from the core design. You still have to change the sql statements for getting product information into your store to join to the new table but since you are already changing the templates, it is not too much extra effort.

This way, the core import/export works out of the box for everyone and your custom fields are not trashed when you import and the links are preserved.

The only downside (every silver lining has a cloud  :D ) is that you cannot load the short description using import/export.

Post by jty » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Thanks Bruce. That's a good idea, to stick it in a different table. I didn't think of that.

jty

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:22 pm

bruce wrote: every silver lining has a cloud  :D
LOL I'm pretty sure that's not how the saying goes.... :P

Administrator

Post by red8ii8 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:54 am

My cart and admin were fresh installs and working fine, and as soon as I installed the mod I get a 500 error and can't get back in to admin at all. Any pointers in where to look for trouble? I tried installing the patch referenced earlier but nothing happened. I reeeally need this mod to get all my inventory moved over. Thanks!

Post by bruce » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:52 am

Try renaming the .htaccess file in your admin folder to (say) htaccess.txt

Post by Tomas_cze » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:02 am

Hi, I have problem
If I click on "Export" and download xml file so in file is

Code: Select all

<b>Warning</b>:  tempnam() [<a href='function.tempnam'>function.tempnam</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/data/www/www_exit-site_com) in <b>/data/www/www_exit-site_com/shop/admin/OLE/PPS/File.php</b> on line <b>87</b><br />
Please help ... thx

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:52 am

This appears to be an issue of directory/file access rights of some sort. Who is your webhosting provider? Are your PHP scripts running under your user account, or under a shared Apache account? Is the PHP PEAR library installed on your host?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Tomas_cze » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:16 am

My webhosting provider is hosting.blueboard.cz (Czech) - PHP 5.2.6, Apache 2.0 Handler ... I don´t know if I have installed PEAR but I think yes ... Must I create same directory or edit same files?

Post by yl » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:09 pm

After I uploaded it to 0.7.7 and got a 500 internal service error
"  Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at my store Port 80  "

What's wrong with it and where I suppose to investigate finding the error and fixing it? or is it linking to web hosting?

Appreciated much your help!

yl

Post by yl » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:34 pm

After I removed the file .htaccess I got the admin login back. Problem solved!! ;D

yl

Post by yl » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:13 pm

Updated!!

This is a great contribution. Data exported to Excel look great. I can see what product is running out of stock. One problem here is the USD $ changed to £. I checked on admin>setting and found nothing wrong, is still USD. What causes this happened??? Appreciated for any help on fixing it!!

yl

Post by yl » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:28 pm

Never mind please, I went back and looked thru admin setting nothing wrong. then I saw it on the home page changed to pound sterling. Don't know how it happened??

yl

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:50 pm

You can set the default currency in OpenCart's admin panel, at

Admin > Configuration > Setting > Local > Currency

If you have other currencies enabled, then it is still possible for the user to choose one and it should stay that way in the user session.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Qphoria » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:54 am

yl wrote: Never mind please, I went back and looked thru admin setting nothing wrong. then I saw it on the home page changed to pound sterling. Don't know how it happened??
Since the default install uses Pounds, it is likely that even tho you changed it in the backend, the frontend still had the original language cookie session. So you'd need to clear that cookie to make it use the new default language, or just change it in the selector to use USD

Administrator