Post by albx » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:28 pm

albx wrote:Sorry if this have been already discussed, i'm wondering if in the next release will be added some customers fields, like vat number for wholesales, and other additional fields, or we will need to mod it?
thank you
well, quoted myself because too many offtopic posts :D

Post by chuck5625 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:38 pm

When I was browsing through the Product Section in the Admin area there use to be a "cost" field under the "Data" tab but that is no longer there. Is this going to be taken out completely or is this a mistake?

I think that field would need to be used if anyone created a Profit and Loss Report or other similar reports. Plus I would use that so I could refer back to the cost of my product in case I forgot.

Post by Johnathan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:16 am

chuck5625 wrote:When I was browsing through the Product Section in the Admin area there use to be a "cost" field under the "Data" tab but that is no longer there. Is this going to be taken out completely or is this a mistake?

I think that field would need to be used if anyone created a Profit and Loss Report or other similar reports. Plus I would use that so I could refer back to the cost of my product in case I forgot.
+1

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by bajaber » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:16 am

Johnathan wrote:
chuck5625 wrote:When I was browsing through the Product Section in the Admin area there use to be a "cost" field under the "Data" tab but that is no longer there. Is this going to be taken out completely or is this a mistake?

+1
+2 :D

This is especially so in my case since my agreement with a remotely located client is based on profit sharing

Post by i2Paq » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:56 am

+3 :drunk:

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by poshook » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:03 am

I like the new look a lot including horizontal mega navigation:) Everything looks great on admin site too. Great work.
There is almost everything I am missing in current version of OC.

It would be very nice to have Insert/Edit embedded media option in Product description editor.

Thnx all involved for superb work

Attachments

Product Description.jpg

Product Description.jpg (39.54 KiB) Viewed 4583 times

https://www.youtube.com/@Then_

Post by Purebeads » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:05 am

sooskriszta wrote:
Purebeads wrote:I said something above that no one responded to. I think it's important that the merchant have control over the information given on the product page:

stars
Q said you can disable reviews altogether if you want to (1.4.9 onwards)
Yes, I know about the stars already -- but there is a long list of information that could be put in that space to the right of the photo (on the product page) that I think the merchant needs to have control over. If all of the product pages on my site say "Brand:", but there is no brand name to put in the field, that won't look very good to my customers. Of course, I'm sure there'll be some work-around in the code.

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:36 am

Daniel started with an older version of 1.4.9RC2 and some new features and bug fixes aren't there yet, and he also seems to have removed fields he wasn't crazy about. But it is clear some of those are wanted so I will add them back in

Administrator

Post by chuck5625 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:39 am

Qphoria wrote:

Daniel started with an older version of 1.4.9RC2 and some new features and bug fixes aren't there yet, and he also seems to have removed fields he wasn't crazy about. But it is clear some of those are wanted so I will add them back in
Thanks Q.

Everything looks great. Can't wait.

Post by abadi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:48 am

Hello

Maybe its the first time i post here, although i was checking almost everyday for the new version.

OpenCart is good, i run it to manage a website with about 40,000 different products. I had to do a lot of modification so it could handle that much of products.

this version needs improvements, there still many things that needs to be changed.

for example, the image manager is the worst part! you may find it not bad if you manage a website with less than 100 products with let say 1000 pictures. but with about 200,000 pictures its really useless.

i will show you how i just improved it.

you can upload multiple pictures in one click! as in Magento.

and you can also add a main image, you can crop it as you like with fixed aspect ratio so all my thumbnails will have exactly the same dimensions.

I will be back tomorrow with more suggestion.

Attachments

10-02-32 05-43-09.jpg

10-02-32 05-43-09.jpg (82.1 KiB) Viewed 4524 times

10-02-32 05-41-57 .jpg

10-02-32 05-41-57 .jpg (89.57 KiB) Viewed 4524 times

Post by xds » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Is this alpha code posted for download?

Also, will there be any major database changes from this alpha or is the database design complete and just waiting for coding completion?

Thanks for 1.5!

xds

Post by rmi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:49 pm

From a factory point of view:

It looks nice and all the new features are wellcome. I don't like the new menu but those things are matter of taste.

New user should be able to register as individual or wholeseller (or some other group). Admin can choose to let individual register automatically and wholesellers needs to be approved. Wholeseller needs VAT number and maybe even system to check financial records to be approved as 'invoice customer'. Wholesellers should be able to save default shipping and payment for quick checkout. If wholeseller uses it's own tranportation there needs to be room for contract number and instructions how shop books transportation when ready.

Completely different baseprice for wholesellers. Now it's a bit confusing with many different discount modes. Possibility to set same Discount for every product (Buy 10pcs get -10% or buy full pallet get -5€ per product).
Overall discount. If order is worth more than X€ get Y% or Y€ discount.
Discount priority handling should be very clear when having many different discount systems (Admin should be able to choose if Special price overrides Discount or the other way round. And so..)
Always show original price (retail and wholesale) near the place where you set discounted prices to avoid mistakes.
When there is a price shown there should be info if it has taxes included or not.

Each different option for product needs it's own sku. All actions in factory and production are based on sku so it's the main thing that one sku has only one exact product. Of course there is possibility to create sku's from productid, option1id, option2id, but all sku's should have same lenght.

Products need two sets of dimensions: Package and actual Product. Also how many parcels per product and/or how many products per package. And for wholesellers how many packages per pallet. Calculate cubics and weight for transportation. Products could also have instructions for transportation which would be printed on delivery note.

Product sets. Ability to create product set which contains multiple products. For me it would be maybe kitchen set which contains 2x cabinet1 + 1x cabinet2. For someone else it could be 'Winter set' which contains 2x warm boots + warm jacket + 2x hot drink holders. I think you get the point. These products should get original price from the bits they hold and give special price (or -%) for the whole set. Own picture for complete set but when order goes to admin it should be separated for easier handling and stock will be reduced accordingly.

More control over 'module names' in front end. I know these are not so difficult to change but it would be even easier to do it from admin side. For example Brands would be Collections for me since they are all same Brand. Shopping cart would be Order for wholesellers.

More control over prints and emails. If external systems are used, order/invoice numbers should be hidden since they don't match with external system. And sometimes it would be nice to add some quick comment to confirmation or so.

When there is more and more features it very important to remain this clear admin interface. Maybe even now there could be setting which features are completely disabled (invisible in admin). I think it's main advantage for open cart that it's so simple and easy for eyes (and mind).

rmi

Post by albx » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:37 pm

rmi wrote:From a factory point of view:

*knip*
+1 ;)
Last edited by i2Paq on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shortened quote

Post by openmind » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:39 pm

abadi wrote: i will show you how i just improved it.

you can upload multiple pictures in one click! as in Magento.

and you can also add a main image, you can crop it as you like with fixed aspect ratio so all my thumbnails will have exactly the same dimensions.
The best of you comment are the girls! ;) Naa, Have you thinking of release your improved as an OC module, free or paid.

Post by karlpers » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:46 am

This looks really promising!

I really like:
+ The horizontal menu at top. (I guess it will be optional/easy to replace with the usual left category menu)
+ The drop down shopping cart
+ I see you have added "One Page Checkout" in the admins options. This is something I have really wanted for a long time!
+ Easier way to handle returns

Some questions:
- The image uploader, wouldnt it be nice to have a quicker uploader, like the one back in the older versions for those who upload a lot of product images?
- Possibility to allow guest checkouters to subscribe to newsletter, and even at the one page checkout in furure?

If you have a print screen or some more information about the one page checkout you are more then wolcome to share it!

I cant wait to see this new version which I see as a huge step forward. Great work guys!

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:18 am

rmi wrote: Products need two sets of dimensions: Package and actual Product. Also how many parcels per product and/or how many products per package. And for wholesellers how many packages per pallet. Calculate cubics and weight for transportation. Products could also have instructions for transportation which would be printed on delivery note.
For this, the dimensions field should be used for packaging dimensions (some shipping extensions uses this data for package info). Actual dimensions should be entered via the new product attributes section or the description area as those are typically only needed by the consumer for informative reasons to make sure an item will fit (like furniture)

Administrator

Post by ikhlief » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:51 pm

For the dimension issue, if we set the dimensions for the product it should appear, but if any of the dimensions is set to zero it shouldn't appear. I mean if we only set the width and hight to numbers and depth is set to zero we should have this:
Dimension: 10 * 15 cm
Not this, Dimension: 10 * 15 * 0 cm
and if all the dimensions are set to zero, this line should diappear automaticaly

Location - Bangkok - Thailand

Post by Tiger1937 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Had a quick look through the Alpha release and it's looking really good!! I must say I like the category and product displays, looking quite stylish.

One thing though, the Order History information appears to be missing from the Sales / Orders where you can notify the customer of changes to status etc ( we use this for sending Tracking Numbers etc ), hopefully this is just an oversight with all the new features that have been added.

It's an old favourite of mine, if you could add options for stock control ( re-order point / minimum stock quantities / ABC stock classification and suitable stock reports ) that would be great :o

Thanks & Keep Up The Good Work

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:38 am

One of the cool things about OC is how easily a language can be added.

Now, there's an even better way - D/Q, check out Gallery 3 (gallery.menalto.com)...they are not great with documentation, but download the script and see how they do it...

Basically, G3 comes with many language packs, but if you think you want to change a word or two, or the whole page, you can do it from the admin panel - no need to search stuff, no need to open code, no need to rely on other people's translations ...you can change things to suit you, you can add a new language in a jiffy...each from the page/module itself...so you know the exact context and don't have to rely on guesswork ..trying to figure out variables....

Check it out!

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary