Post by creativa » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:40 am

davykeenan wrote:
Just out of curiosity do you have any mods/ext listed?
I only design themes, my stuff is design and css, you can view this in my signature :P

Opencart Template Store
Commercial themes: Sweet Rose, Sweet Yellow, Electronic Blue, Electronic Pink and more...
Free theme: Non Inline Css

Location - Uruguay

Post by davykeenan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:15 am

It's too late for me, yeah I didn't even look at your sig, that's what you get for using a phone to view the forums, it cuts of the bottom of the post, well that's my excuse and in sticking with it :joker:

Yeah I seen your free non inline template good work, the commercial templates look good too. I will be jumping into templates soon, I'm more a programmer but can whip up a good looking website, I have been too busy with clients sites to get my own sales site finished but will go at it tomorrow.

Davy K

Post by Qphoria » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:53 pm

Maybe we should redesign the extension store to look like the chrome web store:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore

We could use OpenCart and make modules for each section "Payment", "Shipping", "Themes" etc. "Ads" could be promoted as well

Administrator

Post by qahar » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:36 pm

Qphoria wrote:Maybe we should redesign the extension store to look like the chrome web store
Yes it will be good, and don't forget to build the docs too.
I think after releasing 1.5.0, it's the right time to evaluate opencart.com ;D

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by Brook » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:13 am

A few suggestions for hen the "Extensions" section of the OpenCart website is redesigned....

1) Add new a tab or or maybe a new section that documents a change log for a selected module.

Currently anyone can download a module, and there is a date last modified shown (which is good), but to my knowledge no one knows what changes were made to the module.

Ex.
Date Modified 12/18/2010
- added ability to sort by model
- added price to report
- added ability to make a lot of money

2) One a module has been updated by a developer, the customers who have bought the module are emailed letting the customers know that the module has been modified (updated).

Post by OC2PS » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Since files over 2MB are not permitted, please can you allow RAR archives so that I can split the extension into several parts?

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by Qphoria » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:55 pm

sooskriszta wrote:Since files over 2MB are not permitted, please can you allow RAR archives so that I can split the extension into several parts?
Increased to 5MB and added rar support

Administrator

Post by OC2PS » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:54 am

Qphoria wrote:
sooskriszta wrote:Since files over 2MB are not permitted, please can you allow RAR archives so that I can split the extension into several parts?
Increased to 5MB and added rar support
Thanks!

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by mystifier » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:33 am

Qphoria wrote:Maybe we should redesign the extension store... We could use OpenCart and make modules for each section "Payment", "Shipping", "Themes" etc. "Ads" could be promoted as well
Definitely; it struck me as odd that Opencart wasn't used in the first place.

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:04 pm

UPDATE!

Due to the recent increase of fraudulent paypal account use to purchase extensions on the store, Daniel has added an additional email verification step to purchase extensions.

After a purchase is made through paypal, you are returned to a page that directs you to check your paypal email account for a verification email with activation link.

Once you click that link, you are returned to OpenCart with a successful verification page and directed from there to your download.

If you do not verify your purchase, the Download will not work. Currently it shows "Page not found" but will soon show a reminder page and resend activation link.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:08 am

ash_in99 wrote:Fraudalent transactions you means buyer using anyone else paypal account to buy the product or there is any flaw in the paypal module?
No flaw in the module.. it means people from indonesia or wherever are scamming paypal accounts and paying with them.. then when the real owner gets an email receipt, they report it to paypal and paypal reverses the payment, meanwhile the extension has already been downloaded by the culprit and the developer of the extension gets screwed.

This is just how paypal works so we have to take additional steps to protect the developer by making purchasers confirm the order email first.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:49 pm

ash_in99 wrote:Chances are, those are actual users but to claim the refund they claim it to paypal?

Btw, are you planning to implement this 2 verification procedure for v1.4.9.3 as patch because i think all users which taking a payment from paypal get's affected with such transactions?
I have been looking into it for opencart, as I have been hit a few times and even with all the enhancements for security I've been adding to the module, there is nothing to protect a seller from actual buyer account hijacking except for this, which puts hope in the fact that the users paypal password is not the same as the email password.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:59 pm

I did also find this:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= ... ew-outside

might be useful

Administrator

Post by openmycart.com » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:57 am

I also have been a victim, but why no action? btw if he's from Indonesia can you provide proof to me? I want to explore this, if in fact stronger may be reported to the police.
Daniel wrote:it was fraudulent. paypal reversed the payment. I have since alter the system to validate peoples paypal email address by emailing a validation code.

so far this has cut fraud to 0%. some days I was getting about 20 fraudulent orders a day.

THis guy:

Username: cgearhar
Member Group: Member
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Lee
Web Site: http://www.ugshop.us

E-Mail: cgearhar@hotmail.com
PayPal: mannieseay@aol.com

Look at his web site address. Its a site that sells people credit card information.

Qhoria had about 20 extension bought at once that turned out to be a fraudulent order.

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:29 am

openmycart.com wrote:I also have been a victim, but why no action? btw if he's from Indonesia can you provide proof to me? I want to explore this, if in fact stronger may be reported to the police.
We just did take action, unfortunately it happened before this new validation process was in place. If he's from indonesia there is nothing to report to the police as the gov't either doesn't care or doesn't have the resources to stop it.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:53 am

Well the one for the extension site is much different from the one that would need to be created for the store.. I haven't even started on it yet, but when I finish it I put it up for download

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:00 am

This is one person ripping off extensions:

Username: mllovedmoney
Member Group: Member
First Name: mllove
Last Name: money
Web Site: http://www.ugshop.us
E-Mail: mllovedmoney@gmail.com

IP's

Seems to be using a proxy server.

Look at the site:

http://www.ugshop.us

Selling credit card details. ridiculous to rip off the extension section. Its not like the extensions are going to be popular and can be resold.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:36 am

There are lots of "off shore" hosting companies, which make their money from selling web space to people with no restrictions - usually in third world countries with few security checks etc

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by robster » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:29 pm

.... and what on earth is this:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=1183

and how is it connected to OpenCart?

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:30 pm

robster wrote:.... and what on earth is this:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=1183

and how is it connected to OpenCart?
It's not connected to Opencart, it is just one of the many spammers here.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member