Post by joomler » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:40 pm

I don't know if the developers of Opencart would be "open" to this but, JHShop is officially dead and we have the latest build to provide to the OC devs if they want?

This would be a great way to lift the GPL code from JHShop and integrate it with OC and have another CMS platform that the awesome OC cart can integrate with! This way OC can run within Joomla natively while also being able to take advantage of all the killer addons and community support here.

Thoughts?
Last edited by i2Paq on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved

Post by SapporoGuy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:06 am

eh???
Sure there is a free download to basically test, but it looks like a paid download to me ...

However, wouldn't it be easier to just build a bridge between oc and joomla?

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by i2Paq » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:17 am

Sad news.

I have no idea if someone here at OC has interest in taking the development further.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by SapporoGuy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:22 am

Is this a legitimate post?
I am not a fan of joomla but ... I'm thinking of another cms that I have a personal friendship with.
I wonder what the code looks like ... but I'm worried about the legalities that this would cause oc or myself.
Could one of the moderators get back to me on this ?

Post by joomler » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:28 am

Since JHShop is based on the GPL OpenCart, it's therefore GPL because they redistributed it! That's the cool thing about GPL. If someone takes your code, creates another version of it and redistributes it, they have to make that version available to the original developer.

The paid portion of JHShop is only for paid support, they don't sell JHShop, just access to support (which died) and updates.

So, there are NO legal issues. I was a subscriber but, cancelled since they haven't done anything in months and tickets are no longer being replied to. Since I paid for support and have the latest release, I can therefore LEGALLY share it back with OC devs if they wish since it's based on their code.

A KEY partner in the project, ScifySystems left the project because the developer kept taking peoples money and didn't provide the support they said they would.

As someone said in their forums, someone please turn off the lights on the way out the door!

Post by Qphoria » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:11 am

I guess if its dead.. then "stick a fork in it, it's done" ;)

Administrator

Post by joomler » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:35 am

@Qphoria - What I'm saying is that it would be GREAT if the OC crew took the code, integrated the Joomla (integration) code and put it out as OC-Joomla. The Joomla users are DYING for a great OS cart like OC. Virtuemart is a mess, RedShop is very complex for newbies, and the list goes on. Opencart is very usable and supportable so, it would make an ideal candidate for a great, OS competitor to the other carts and you gain access to a HUGE fan base.

Post by SapporoGuy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:29 am

I'm interested, however, I need a about a week or two since I'm working on a major project right now. :drunk:

Post by Qphoria » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:38 am

Might be nice to know exactly what it is compared to opencart. Is it a Joomla install base with an opencart "module" ?
All the demos seem to be down on the jhshop site

Administrator

Post by joomler » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:14 am

Yes, it's a native Joomla component using the Joomla install with a great module which also installs via the Joomla installer. No hacks, no FTP, just a straight Joomla component and module install.

Post by Qphoria » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:46 am

SO how does the opencart integration work? is there a bridge or a plugin class that was created? Do you install opencart separately or do you use whatever last version you started with (i assume not 1.4.9.2)

Administrator

Post by joomler » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:45 pm

No bridge, just straight install from a component. As far as the deeper programming techniques, that's for the experts to decide. :)

Post by SapporoGuy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:05 pm

What is the progression on this?
I am interested, I just need to finish my site. ::)

How many people actually used this?
I didn't see that many people at that site ... maybe that is why the developer ran ? ???

Post by joomler » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:13 pm

SapporoGuy wrote:What is the progression on this?
I am interested, I just need to finish my site. ::)

How many people actually used this?
I didn't see that many people at that site ... maybe that is why the developer ran ? ???
Everyone bolted because the developer quit supporting people. He probably had 40-50 (or more) with the first couple of months sign up for the paid support but, when the tickets we're answered, everyone canceled their PP subscriptions and bolted.

The developer abandoned the project due to personal issues, nothing else. Due the first few weeks in the JED, it was getting 5 star ratings (thanks to the OC system) but, tanked when people started leaving negative feedback in the JED.

Post by Affableaardvark » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:43 pm

I have installed Joocart at http://www.merlin-industrial.co.uk/ and it works great. Backed up the database on my opencart site and restored to the joomla database - tweaked a few settings such as I needed JQuery.js and compression off. The developer was magnificent and even sent me a css to match my sites afterburner template.
I would like to have a module that included product search within Joomla but apart from that the the bridge works well.

Post by mattcrawford2010 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:59 pm

That's not good, I'm worried about the legalities that this would cause oc or myself.

If you need a short sale Realtor, Dan Rube is the best Realtor to help with more than 20 years experience in the field.

Post by SapporoGuy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:19 pm

huh?

What's not good?

Post by OC2PS » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Has there been any movement on this?

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by i2Paq » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:27 am

HI All,

Critikill is no longer part of the team, he was put in place in order to provide support while I was busy with an urgent project offsite where i would not be able to get access to offer the support needed here for a period of time, I have now taken back the reigns and will be changing a whole lot, i have been running through the forum posts and have done some work on the code already, as mentioned in a previous post, i am looking for additional developers to assist with the project and will give full svn access to the selected developers,

I am working my way through the bugs that have been reported and will be running a quick release updates of beta's for a while, before i release a stable release again, in this I am saying that there will be at least one update per fortnight for the next couple of weeks.

New feetures that have been implemented in the meantime: Vendor system has been upgraded to allow a product feed to be imported into the store database alogn with markup / rebate values. Additional feeds setup for oneshop, pricecheck and also the introduction of sms order notification plugin (running through our gateway only for now (however feel free to port it to other gateways once released)
Source

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by MrSmileyJr » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:22 am

so 17 months after the last post... anyone know what the story is?

Never lose data again! Use Dropbox - DO THIS BEFORE YOU SIGNUP for Extra Space!!
http://db.tt/inKP3mv Signing up via this link gives you a bonus of 256 MB
More Bonuses: http://www.dropbox.com/free .5 GB
http://www.dropbox.com/edu = double your bonus referrals by giving an edu address.
Total ~ 3gb