Post by cantykiwi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:27 am

imaginetech wrote:This is all part of the new version.

New features anyone would like to see in the new release? Come forth and tell!
Well after working with the code you pasted up yesterday and getting our site specific mods to work using the merge_vars option I have thought of some more things that may be useful for you to add to your new version of the module.

In the admin side of the module it may be nice to have tick boxes or radio buttons to control some of the other optional parameters that mailchimp can process such as email_type, double_optin and update_existing

Again thanks for you code and time in developing this module, i'm sure many people will find it useful ;D

Post by imaginetech » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah, I like your suggestion about double_optin and update_existing. I'll throw that in the next release.

What do you think about having a section in the admin module settings view that would allow the admin user to pull all the newsletter subscribed users out of the OpenCart database and push them to your preferred mailchimp list?

Probably say, a small box below the settings with an input field for list id (in case you want to change it) and export button.

I've thought about and actually got working some javascript code that sits in the mailchimp.tpl file and hijacks the account create process and sends customers that subscribe to the newsletter to your mailchimp list (as well as the OpenCart list) but it seems like a lot of messing around when really a bulk export type tool would do it cleaner and simpler.

www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.

Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by guisauer » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:11 pm

double_optin and export function sound awesome! thanks!!!

Post by imaginetech » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Anyone up for helping me test the new mailchimp module which includes sending bulk updates of your customer email addresses to mailchimp via their api?

Also includes double optin and update existing flags.

If so, pm your email addy and I'll send it to you.

Cheers

www.opencartstore.com

Post by cantykiwi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:52 am

imaginetech wrote:Yeah, I like your suggestion about double_optin and update_existing. I'll throw that in the next release.

What do you think about having a section in the admin module settings view that would allow the admin user to pull all the newsletter subscribed users out of the OpenCart database and push them to your preferred mailchimp list?

Probably say, a small box below the settings with an input field for list id (in case you want to change it) and export button.

I've thought about and actually got working some javascript code that sits in the mailchimp.tpl file and hijacks the account create process and sends customers that subscribe to the newsletter to your mailchimp list (as well as the OpenCart list) but it seems like a lot of messing around when really a bulk export type tool would do it cleaner and simpler.
Yeah I think a section in admin to pull subscribers from opencart db to mailchimp would be awesome since we have already had to do it manually ::) and I have modded the templates to not show the newsletter subscribe option now so that they must signup with mailchimp which is all we want to use. Export would also be a good choice if nothing else. Depends whether you are going to keep the module free or not I suppose as to how much work would be worth putting in to it.

Post by cantykiwi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:54 am

imaginetech wrote:Anyone up for helping me test the new mailchimp module which includes sending bulk updates of your customer email addresses to mailchimp via their api?

Also includes double optin and update existing flags.

If so, pm your email addy and I'll send it to you.

Cheers
Possibly, what's involved? Do we need to actually send an email to the customers? Won't be until I get to work tomorrow though.

Post by imaginetech » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 am

It's all done and available at my site.

100% Free.

Please post any bugs here, thanks.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by InfiniteDezigns » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Will there be a Constant Contact Module Made?

Post by TAC » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:29 am

Hi, I've read the whole thread and can't work out how to solve my problem. I'm hoping it is something simple....

I've installed the mod and it appears on the site. If you type in an email address you get the little swirl thing go round and then in green it says "Success"

But if I go into MailChimp itself to look at my list the email address has not been added. I have tried it a few times with different browsers, different email addresses and different computers in different towns....

On the subject of things to be added to this mod I think I would like the subscriber to be able to add a name as well as the email address.

Thanks in advance :)

TAC

Location - England

Post by imaginetech » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:48 am

If you PM me a link to your site I'll have a look at it when I get some time.

Thank you.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by Johnathan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:02 am

TAC, just a thought: do you use double opt-in confirmation for MailChimp? If so, the e-mail address you subscribed needs to confirm before it'll show up in MailChimp.

If the e-mail address isn't even getting your confirmation e-mail, then something is wrong. Hopefully imaginetech can fix it for you.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by TAC » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:24 am

Hi guys, thank you for your responses. I think I was just being stupid and expecting the email addresses to show up in Mailchimp without a confirmation email. :-\

Sorry to have troubled you. Merry Christmas!
:)

TAC

Location - England

Post by cruiz » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:31 pm

This is an excellent newsletter mailing solution...but one thing I noticed...hopefully there is a simple fix for this.

Lets say a new customer registers his account and opts "Yes" for newsletter signup. The admin can use the "Bulk Export," export to mailchimp option under the module and the customers email will be added to the mail list. But the problem is unsubscribing from both opencart and mailchimp. If the customer logs in to our website and unsubscribes to the newsletter it will be unsubscribed from opencart but not mailchimp. It won't export a deleted email address.

Is there a solution for this??? The only thing I can think of is changing the link for unsubscribe newsletter link from the customers profile page to point to an external link (mailchimp) but the only downside to this method is that opencart will keep the customer as subsribed in its database but mailchimp will work fine. Is this the best route for this issue??

Post by imaginetech » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:14 am

You raise a good point, I should probably look at the export feature 'syncing' the OpenCart db with the mailchimp list rather than a bulk push so to speak.

www.opencartstore.com

Post by sarahjohnson » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:58 am

thanks ian for all your other work on OC.

thanks for this post

Sarah Johnson
Logo Designs Services

Post by cruiz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:15 am

imaginetech wrote:You raise a good point, I should probably look at the export feature 'syncing' the OpenCart db with the mailchimp list rather than a bulk push so to speak.
any luck with this issue??

Post by imaginetech » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Ok, the latest version out, 1.4.9.3, now syncs your OpenCart customer list with Mailchimp.

Give it a whizz and report any bugs please.

Download @ http://www.opencartstore.com

www.opencartstore.com

Post by cruiz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:43 am

imaginetech wrote:Ok, the latest version out, 1.4.9.3, now syncs your OpenCart customer list with Mailchimp.

Give it a whizz and report any bugs please.

Download @ http://www.opencartstore.com
Hey I'm still having that original problem....when a customer logs in to his/her account and goes under Newsletter under their profile and chooses no for unsubscribe....and even after syncing the customer is still subscribed in mailchimp.....If I delete their name in mailchimp and click on sync in opencart it adds their name back in mailchimp again.

'sync' should work both ways....
Opencart <---subscribe/unsubsribe ---> MailChimp
All the subsribes work fine...but when someone unsubsribes it should change to "no" in opencart and name should be deleted from mailchimp. right now even if its set to "no" in opencart the name is still there in mailchimp even after syncing.

Post by Thomas » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi imaginetech,

Im trying to get this module to work however whenever i try to type in an email, I get the following error: "Invalid Email Address: name" Name stands for my clients name that runs the open cart website. I got no idea where its pulling that from. Any ideas?

Also, our mailing list is located in the us2 datacenter not the us1 datacenter. You have some code here:

Code: Select all

if (!$dc) $dc = "us1";
I changed this to

Code: Select all

if (!$dc) $dc = "us2";
However I still get the same error.

Thanks,
Thomas

Post by TAC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:24 am

Hi all,

I hope I'm not going to make a fool of myself by asking a dumb question again but...

I've uploaded the latest version of the Mailchimp mod. I've done the sync from admin but no new subscribers appear in the Mailchimp list itself. Am I missing out a step?

I'm using OC v1.4.9.2 and I know there is definitely a new customer to sync.

TAC

Location - England