Post by HTMLCSSNoob » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:29 pm

SapporoGuy wrote:I'm really surprised by how un-professional some of the response have been here. Isn't ecommerce a type of business? Don't you want to create good will so that people might stop by and by one of your extensions that you are hawking?
NO! :laugh:

Seriously though, If you were the president of a company, would you stick one of your developers in front of a client to try and market/sell your product? :-\

Might be worth recruiting a sales/marketing representative from the community to handle all of the OpenCart PR stuff.

Post by SapporoGuy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:23 pm

:D

Possibly for a sale and only if, the customer wanted geek speak.
As for marketing, hmmm, Ballmer might be a good choice :laugh:

My personal favorite situation would be like how Henry Ford ran his company.

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by audiomarket » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:01 am

I'm whaiting new version, go, go to the work! Make the your hard work.
I want to donate another euro cents!!

Post by sys » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:02 am

CUSTOM_UK wrote: If you were to stand at a distance and look at things logically, you might like to ask instead, why would someone like Daniel, or indeed any other developer, want to give up hundreds of their hours to give something away for FREE?

We should perhaps all be grateful that there are people out there that see the bigger picture of NOT having the Internet dominated by big corporations.

Open source carts give many small entrepeneurs the opportunity to have a presence on the world wide web, that may otherwise be beyond their reach. As consumers we all ultimately benefit, by being offered a much wider range of products in the marketplace.

Daniel and all the other hard working developers that have the generosity of spirit to give something away for free, give the average guy on the street an opportunity to change their lot in life and THAT is something you can't put a price on. :-\ Just be grateful there are people like Daniel out there in net land.
I understand that. But I can not understand. How long time will it again? Perfectionism is good, but there is no limit for improvement.
There have been offers of assistance or cooperation.
But someone does not want to split the project. One or two people can not do all the work!

It must be understood.
Sorry!!!

sys

Post by i2Paq » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:11 am

Let not get into the discussion about extra coders, who's making the most money and "when will it be released" again please.

We all know Daniel is working in 1.5.x and we all know that giving time frames are more a guidance in the case of OpenCart.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by javarog » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 am

I agree,, we have a great cart now,, just let Daniel do his thing and when he is satisfied with his work he will release it, but until then why not use what we have...

Post by SapporoGuy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:20 am

Q has posted an update regarding the new features.
Look at what he wrote and try to estimate what is left to do.
Add a week or 3 and you might come close to when it will be out.

Asking for a solid time line is difficult. Look at how long it took LongHorn to come out and what troubles that company had and all the complaints AND all the features that were missing.

However, asking for updates / roadmap with some sign of progress seems more reasonable.

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:16 am

When all is said and done, OpenCart is open source (the clue is in the name). :-\ That means you have access to all of the code and can adapt and modify it to your heart's content.

I'm sure Daniel has lots of other things to do like the rest of us at this time of year. Shopping for mince pies, buying presents, decorating Xmas trees etc. :)

Post by Daniel » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:43 am

i'm pretty surte it will be this month.

i'm finishing the features off one-by-one.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by TAC » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:02 am

That would be a cool Christmas pressie! :joker:

TAC

Location - England

Post by marvmen21 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Let's be patient! Thanks Daniel for the hard work!

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by findress » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Thank you Daniel for the hard work!

we are wedding dresses, informal dresses store.
http://www.findress.com

Post by gocreative » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:01 am

SapporoGuy wrote:Daniel thank you for your comments. However, to appease the "when, when, when" crowd, why not include a roadmap? For example: [ 4/10 finished ... still need some more time. ] We don't need what the 10 or 4 are but at least the hungry masses will at least get an idea of a progression time line.
I tried that...

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 20#p106504

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Well it's nearly Christmas now and I hope you guys are going to leave Daniel alone for a few days now.

I know that everyone thinks that software developers are nerds that never leave their computer screens, but I'm sure that Daniel has friends and family in the 'real world' that he'll want to spend some time with over the festive period. Same probably goes for Q too. :o

So if you guys feel at a loose end on Christmas day, fed up with what's on telly, unable to stomach another mince pie and have the irresistable urge to go online, then try pestering Amazon for a change and ask them where half your deliveries are, or ask eBay how they got to be the counterfeit web site of choice. ;D

On a positive note, it looks like we are going to have a white Christmas here in the UK. That mean's forgetting about 1.5 for a while, going outside and building a snowman. Some of you guys should try it, it's fun outside of the keyboard. 8)

MERRY XMAS DANIEL..........

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:17 pm

CUSTOM_UK wrote:Some of you guys should try it, it's fun outside of the keyboard. 8)
Life away from the computer ... what's that, never tried it ???
I'd end up with severe withdrawal symptoms ;D

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by OC2PS » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:02 pm

CUSTOM_UK wrote:On a positive note, it looks like we are going to have a white Christmas here in the UK.
I thought you said POSITIVE note....this island is not built for snow....we can only handle moderate weather....look at the transportation kerfuffle...I guess it's ok if you've already reached home....but not if you are trying to get to family....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... he-snow.do
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... in-snow.do
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... d-train.do
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... ncrease.do
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... ng-well.do

Prophet of doom, that's me ;)

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by Qphoria » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:54 pm

CUSTOM_UK wrote:That mean's forgetting about 1.5 for a while, going outside and building a snowman. Some of you guys should try it, it's fun outside of the keyboard. 8)
I'm going to build a snow-keyboard so I can work outside :P
CUSTOM_UK wrote: MERRY XMAS DANIEL..........
Oh i see how it is.... just forget about poor old Q

Administrator

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:22 am

Sorry Q. Was being politically correct and respecting the pecking order.

MERRY XMAS Q............... :)

Post by CUSTOM_UK » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:26 am

sooskriszta wrote:
CUSTOM_UK wrote:On a positive note, it looks like we are going to have a white Christmas here in the UK.
I thought you said POSITIVE note....this island is not built for snow....we can only handle moderate weather....look at the transportation kerfuffle...I guess it's ok if you've already reached home....but not if you are trying to get to family....
Working from home can be a lonely existence at times, but when the white stuff hits the fan, I'm glad I no longer have to commute anywhere at all.

Post by mystifier » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:47 am

Qphoria wrote:Oh i see how it is.... just forget about poor old Q
No we didn't. You get on with v1.4.10; never mind about Christmas, that should come second.

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products