Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by i2Paq » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:30 pm

JAY6390 wrote:Reported ;)
Me to! :laugh:

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:10 am

Got our first 5vote extension. I reviewed it and it was correctly reported. it was an advertisement, not a mod. Success!

Administrator

Post by superbrands » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:18 am

Hi,

What is Fraudulent Transaction? I got at least once a month. This month I got twice. How did it happen?
Thanks..

Best regards,
superbrands

"For us, OpenCart is not 'just' a shopping cart. OpenCart is bigger than that. We bring OpenCart to the next level."

Produk:
- Toko Online - Toko Online Dropshipper - Toko Online Marketpace - Online Directory - Digital Marketplace - Property & Business Listings - News Portal - Corporate Website - Social Network

Info: http://www.bukausahaonline.com

Post by justinv » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 am

It'd be nice if the rating system rounded up instead of down to build average rating. The way it currently is set up makes it artificially low thanks to integer division.

Ratings 5, 1 = Average rating 6/2 = 3
Ratings: 5, 5, 1 = Average rating 11/3 = 3.66 = 3 (should be 4!)

One meanie ruining it!

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Noticed you got the email for comments working that is good, and this may be a bit nit picky, but could we change the subject on those emails so they don't say Extension Purchased?

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:14 pm

lol I sent a message on Skype about it to Q myself :) At least the comment emails are getting through though

Guru Member

Post by Qphoria » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:53 pm

LOL i was going to add the comment emails today but perhaps daniel was being a gremlin and adding them as I slept.

I heard it was the UK way to round half-down

Administrator

Post by TAC » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:02 am

We round up just like anyone doing math(s) ;)

All these changes are very good but don't forget that if a mod is rubbish people leave comments and anyone would be daft not to read the comments before downloading. :)

TAC

Location - England

Post by justinv » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:35 am

I find people are far more likely to leave comments than ratings.

Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:43 am

Yeah, it's also pretty well known that having a 5 star rating is less accurate than a 4 star one, sounds peculiar but it forces people to make a judgement rather than sit on the fence with their feedback. Not suggesting that this be implemented, just thought I'd throw in a bit of trivia ;)

Guru Member

Post by cym_sunset » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Oh, Money sent today!!!

But i wonder how many days for a transaction?
Or it depends on the balance in our account?

Anyway, I do not like to wait for the end of the month to get money.

Thank you so much!

=======================
Paypal Express Checkout Module
Webmoney Module
Liberty Reserve Module
Customer Verification & Payment Limit Module

Post by creativa » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:33 am

I need know what is "Fraudulent Transaction" before upload more extensions... thanks!!

Opencart Template Store
Commercial themes: Sweet Rose, Sweet Yellow, Electronic Blue, Electronic Pink and more...
Free theme: Non Inline Css

Location - Uruguay

Post by Qphoria » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:16 am

justinv wrote:I find people are far more likely to leave comments than ratings.
Thinking we should force the vote before comment like android market does
Additionally, we should force download/buy before being allowed to vote
I will do this when I get a chance.
cym_sunset wrote: Anyway, I do not like to wait for the end of the month to get money.
Daniel hates this too. He is working on getting paypal's Adaptive payments working so it will be automatic. But there is apparently some red tape there to get it working. More info to come.
creativa wrote:I need know what is "Fraudulent Transaction" before upload more extensions... thanks!!
This likely means the paypal account used to purchase the mod was fraudulent (e.g. didn't belong to the person who used it) and paypal forced the refund.

Administrator

Post by justinv » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:07 am

Qphoria wrote:Thinking we should force the vote before comment like android market does
Additionally, we should force download/buy before being allowed to vote
I will do this when I get a chance.
Excellent on both counts!

It'd also be good to know how many downloads my free extensions are getting. I get emailed and paid so I can work out the paid ones, but the free ones are a mystery.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Qphoria wrote:Additionally, we should force download/buy before being allowed to vote
I second (third?) the vote for this. Thanks for already keeping it in mind, Q.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by SapporoGuy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Instead of a single digit ranking why not just keep a 2 decimal rank ?

Instead of 4, use 3.66 or at least 3.6 that way you don't get 5 stars for having a 4.5000000000000000009 rank ;)

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by robster » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:15 am

I don't know about other members here but I am getting sick of seeing the same extensions re-listed at the top of the commercial extensions area day after day. I do not imagine for a moment that these extensions are updated everyday and that this is just a cynical blatant attempt to be the first on the list.

However, very nice though this is for the author it is irritating beyond words for the buyer. It used to be a daily ritual to see what was 'new' in the commercial extensions area. I don't bother now as I just see the same old stuff, most of which is clearly just 'bumped up the list'. As a buyer of many extensions I need to know if an extension has been updated to fix a bug or something but how can I tell if I see a 'new' version every day for 10 days in a row. Or perhaps it just reflects very poor extensions that need 'fixed' every day.

Can I ask Daniel/Q, or indeed anybody who is responsible for this to do something to prevent this misuse of the commercial extensions area. I see no difference between 'bumping' extensions to be top of the list and the very frowned upon 'bumping' of threads on the forum.

Just my tuppence worth.
Last edited by robster on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:17 am

robster wrote:I don't know about other members here but I am getting sick of seeing the same extensions re-listed in the commercial extensions area day after day. I do not imagine for a moment that these extensions are updated everyday and that this is just a cynical blatant attempt to be the first on the list.

However, very nice though this is for the author it is irritating beyond words for the buyer. It used to be a daily ritual to see what was 'new' in the commercial extensions area. I don't bother now as I just see the same old stuff, most of which is clearly just 'bumped up the list'. As a buyer of many extensions I need to know if an extension has been updated to fix a bug or something but how can I tell if I see a 'new' version every day for 10 days in a row. Or perhaps it just reflects very poor extensions that need 'fixed' every day.

Can I ask Daniel/Q, or indeed anybody who is responsible for this to do something to prevent this misuse of the commercial extensions area. I see no difference between 'bumping' extensions to be top of the list and the very frowned upon 'bumping' of threads on the forum.

Just my tuppence worth.
Why can't you just filter by new? The default is to filter by "recently modified" and yes some people are abusing it. But it should take no effort to click the "Recently Added" radio button. Those are all still new

Administrator

Post by robster » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:26 am

Yes I can but:

The default setting is Recently Modified. Most of the first 10 pages are in no way recently modified. Just marked as such to be at the top of the list. This means that for those extension I have purchased i have to trawl through the text to see what has been modified in this 'Modified' extension listing only to find that nothing has changed.

This does not resolve the issue.

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK