Post by KRaker » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:22 pm

I have looked over the tutorials already in the support forum, however I have NO CLUE of what I'm doing and I need detailed step by step directions in person (verbally).
The file download for Dummies...the windows were already open and I don't even know where to go to open them...seriously CLUELESS. I need someone that has patience and understanding to please call me to teach me what I need to do so in the future I can do these things without assistance.
I know I am asking a lot but when I started this undertaking I had already made a website through a "user friendly" site that used click and drag to design, only to find out the options I implemented required a monthly "hosting" fee which I'm already paying to my hosting company, so that website went "into the trash". Then they (my hosting co.) pointed me to a page full of web building programs, which I selected OpenCart 1.4.9.17 because I liked the professional appearance.
Now I'm stuck importing products one at a time and it's taking too long. I don't have the time or patience to do it by hand. I know now there is a import/export tool, which I've downloaded but don't know how to proceed, because I don't understand how to complete the steps properly. I really need help and am begging someone to assist me!

Kimberly_Townsend@yahoo.com
1-443-674-8392
Last edited by KRaker on Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by justinv » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:26 am

Hi Kimberly, have you received help yet?

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by KRaker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:01 am

No I haven't, this whole ordeal is becoming quite stressful...Can you help me?

Post by justinv » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Yip, I've just emailed you. Talk soon.

Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by KRaker » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:08 am

Sorry, just read your message....and replied. Hope to talk soon.

Post by KRaker » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:24 am

I'm having issues, importing my spreadsheet into OpenCart. It keeps saying error, can someone help?

Post by KRaker » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:25 am

So I just tried it again and here's the message:
Uploaded file is not a valid spreadsheet file or its values are not in the expected formats!

???? I'm confused.

Post by KRaker » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:55 am

Ok so I just read some of the other posts and now I'm more confused. I was told I could use OpenOffice Calc, but it is a cvs file with a xls extension. Is this the reason it won't work?

Post by justinv » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:43 am

Openoffice is fine, you can open the file with openoffice, just make sure you save it in the same xls format. Try and do an export, then add one line manually copying the format that is already there, and then reupload it to make sure it works.

Post by KRaker » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:44 am

I have tried this several times and I keep on getting an error. The file name changes everytime, though.

The filename /tmp/phpYRVrkH is not readable

next time it might say /tmp/php.......is not readable

I don't understand.

Post by KRaker » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:47 am

will formatting the document make things worse? like centering within the column, wrapping text, using bold, changing font size? I would like to make my spreadsheet more friendly to view. I've tried both not editing and changing many formats, and I still get an error message.