Post by Qphoria » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:56 am

What Does This Contrib Do?
This contrib adds the ability to process credit cards real-time with Authorize.net. It uses the SIM
integration mode, which means during checking, the customer is sent to the secure Authorize.net site to
complete credit card processing, and then returned to your site to complete the order. This is similar to
Paypal and GoogleCheckout.

Requirements:
• You will of course need to have an Authorize.net account for taking credit card payments online.

Features:
• Works Internationally with all currencies.
• Configurable for test and production accounts simultaneously.
• All credit card processing is done at the Authorize.net server, leaving less risk for the store owner.
• Supports the Authorize.net remote form styling options as well. You can add your logo,
background image, custom fonts, and custom headers & footers to the Authorize.net form on their
site. See the “form” tab in the module.

DEMO
1. Click HERE to goto the demo site. Login with account: demo@demo.com / pass: demo
2. Go through the checkout process choosing Authorize.net SIM as your payment option
3. Click the order confirmation button. You will be redirected to the Authorize.net TEST form
4. Use the following test info:
Credit Card Number: 4111111111111111
Exp Date: 0809
CVV: 123
5. Click submit, and follow the remaining steps.

DOWNLOAD
Last edited by Qphoria on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Post by giuzepa » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:30 am

I downloaded your program and I now have Authorize.net under Extension > Payment. When I click on the + it says I don't have permissions to access this. Where do I need to go to set the admin permissions for this?

Thank you,
Joe

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:30 am

You don't have to edit any files. After you click the "+" to install, you will now see a "wrench" or "spanner" icon. Click that and enter your information.

Administrator

Post by SoCal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:49 am

Dumb Question:

I have a paypal account  and I have an authorize.net account.  I'm am now looking to integrate with my opencart (which I love by the way)  (( get ready for more dumb questions under modual support) .... 

Question:  If paypal (which I set up a couple years after my authorize.net account)  also accepts
Visa and Master Card from the purchaser (without being a PayPal member)  ....

why bother with Authorize.net , since PayPal can handle it all ..... am I missing something here  :-\ ????

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:17 am

- I thought Paypal accepts credit card payments only if the customer creates an account, which is extra steps for your customer
- Paypal requires you to leave the site. Authorize.net AIM module would do the credit card processing right from the site. As far as the SIM module, well its still a direct payment type

I really don't know all the details for how paypal uses credit card stuff. I think there are rules based on the account type and how much per month you can get.

Administrator

Post by SoCal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:29 am

I noticed when I use your demo site and check out at paypal .... it goes to a paypay/uk  path.

I'm assuming when properly configured ... this path would reflect my own account with paypal in u.s. ?

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:36 am

dunno ... that's hardcoded in the default opencart paypal files. It's meant for language so it doesn't really matter uk or us since they are both english.

Might be feasible to make this configurable in the future

Administrator

Post by SoCal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:25 am

It's just that it raises a flag to the potential purchaser.  I have seen it myself in the past and thought
I was buying from someone in uk  when I thought i was buying from a u.s. vendor,  I had to double check for more confirmation on the site, to make sure the seller was legit. 
thx

Post by SoCal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:29 am

p.s.  not that there is anything wrong with a seller from the uk.
;)

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:05 am

I'll hold my tongue  ;D

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:27 pm

Question:  If paypal (which I set up a couple years after my authorize.net account)  also accepts
Visa and Master Card from the purchaser (without being a PayPal member)  ....
This is only possible if you use a PayPal merchant account, it won't do that for the normal business account.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member