Post by Daniel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:31 am

You don't need a team of developers. Although I fall short on graphic design skills but there are plenty of people in the community that I can count on.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Daniel wrote:You don't need a team of developers. Although I fall short on graphic design skills but there are plenty of people in the community that I can count on.
So true, I rather have you and Qphoria working on it then a team that cannot make up their minds :drunk:

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by cmebd » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Someone who can test for security issues before a release might be nice????

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Qphoria » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Well if daniel falls short of graphics and the default themes have looked better than most I've seen, then my graphics talent is the equivalent of ms paint without a mouse

Administrator

Post by alex1 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:32 am

Daniel, I think the screenshot you showed of your 1.5 mockup is great! Go with that one!

Post by HTMLCSSNoob » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:59 am

Qphoria wrote:Well if daniel falls short of graphics and the default themes have looked better than most I've seen, then my graphics talent is the equivalent of ms paint without a mouse
I can make macaroni necklaces and draw thanksgiving turkeys with my hand. Can I design the next default theme? :crazy:

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:38 am

HTMLCSSNoob wrote:
Qphoria wrote:Well if daniel falls short of graphics and the default themes have looked better than most I've seen, then my graphics talent is the equivalent of ms paint without a mouse
I can make macaroni necklaces and draw thanksgiving turkeys with my hand. Can I design the next default theme? :crazy:
Well you got me beat, so yea.. I don't see why not

Administrator

Post by gocreative » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:27 am

What about running a comp to see who can design the best new theme? Daniel could provide a mock up so that people know what to include, and the basic layout.

Post by Daniel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:45 am

Don;t woory I have a good one now. Maybe i will do a development blog later this week.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Brocberry » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:26 pm

johnzhang wrote:how about the Drop Ship Function,do you have forget the baby ? ???
As a business that does a lot of drop-shipping for other companies, it would be terrific if they could log into our system and place an order that way. For those with terms they wouldn't have to pay and new customers who didn't have terms could be directed to payment.

Or perhaps you mean it the other way round - we have a retailer whose site sends us an email when they get an order and we have to log into their system... not the way round I would like it!

Location - England

Post by Brocberry » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:36 pm

As someone who is looking for a cart and a blog, our designers originally suggested Drupal 6 with ubercart as the cart, that's what they work with - having got a few quotes in, each company seem to have their favourites, or the CMS they just get stuck with.

We are still at the design stage and not yet the skinning it to a CMS, and D6 will be redundant in a couple of months with the release of Drupal 7 and two new carts for it. If 1.5 has a blog, this is the other option for us as I have a feelings it's going to be good.

Location - England

Post by i2Paq » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Brocberry wrote:As someone who is looking for a cart and a blog, our designers originally suggested Drupal 6 with ubercart as the cart, that's what they work with - having got a few quotes in, each company seem to have their favourites, or the CMS they just get stuck with.

We are still at the design stage and not yet the skinning it to a CMS, and D6 will be redundant in a couple of months with the release of Drupal 7 and two new carts for it. If 1.5 has a blog, this is the other option for us as I have a feelings it's going to be good.
He is talking about a personal blog, not a blog-module for OpenCart.

Have a look at the CMS module Qphoria has.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by mystifier » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:51 pm

I have wordpress and opencart working together on a development website.
Last edited by mystifier on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by gsmorbit » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:01 pm

sir i want to know opencart 1.5 when release.

Post by gocreative » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:55 pm

gsmorbit wrote:sir i want to know opencart 1.5 when release.
Four minutes from now.

Post by gsmorbit » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:02 pm

oneilldesign wrote:
Four minutes from now.

?????? i cont understand?

Post by HTMLCSSNoob » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:49 pm

gsmorbit wrote:
oneilldesign wrote:
Four minutes from now.

?????? i cont understand?
It's called sarcasm...

Post by gavin m » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:41 pm

mystifier wrote:I have wordpress and opencart working together on a development website.
How do you mean 'working together'? Are they sharing user details etc?

My site is currently a Wordpress/opencart/SMF forum (1.1.11). I have the forum and wordpress parts intergrated for user data.

What intergration have you got between OC and WP?

Post by mystifier » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:22 pm

I couldn't delete my longish post which explained so I edited it out because I felt that it was sending the thread off-course.

I am happy to talk in the (new) Integration section.
Last edited by mystifier on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by johnzhang » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:09 am

As a business that does a lot of drop-shipping for other companies, it would be terrific if they could log into our system and place an order that way. For those with terms they wouldn't have to pay and new customers who didn't have terms could be directed to payment.

Or perhaps you mean it the other way round - we have a retailer whose site sends us an email when they get an order and we have to log into their system... not the way round I would like it![/quote]

For me : Admin Can Insert Order Is Enough

China Buy Dropship Buy From China Ebay Taobao