Post by IOWA » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:27 am

Is it possible, through multishop, to have different product images for different stores? I.E. same exact product, price, etc, but different colors, so the images need to be different. I'm making specialized catalogs for good clients of mine.

Post by mystifier » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 am

Not really IOWA.

It is possible to select which stores products should show in so I think it will be a case of duplicating the product and changing the image and store for the newly created one.

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by IOWA » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:48 am

Aye.

So I take it the image gallery location is stored in the database itself and not in the php code?

Post by mystifier » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 am

The image path is stored in `image` field of the `product` table.

If this solution doesn't work for you, you could 'construct' an image name fairly easily by incorporating the store_id so data/cat/image1.png, data/cat/image2.png, data/cat/image3.png would relate to store_id 1,2,3.

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by IOWA » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:22 am

Bah. Not so good with MySQL. How could I go about this?

FYI your donate link in your sig comes back as Fatal Failure. :o

Post by mystifier » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:05 am

Sorry IOWA, I just took a quick look but it would really need applying in lots of places so that the correct store image appeared not only on the product page but in all modules (Featured, Specials, Latest, Category, BestSellers etc.)

Maybe a duplicate would be easier ;D I will try to think of a better way unless someone else comes up with a good idea.

Post by IOWA » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 am

Yeah just duplicating the DB would be easiest at this point in time I suppose. Thanks for you help!

Well is there anyway to mass populate items? I plan on running 9 or 10 different "Specialized" Online stores for clients, and they (mostly) consist of the same products/prices, but with different customized logos on the apparel, and different colored clothing.

P.S. FIX YOUR DONATE LINK!