Post by IOWA » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:58 am

How can I display all products on the front page? It's a very small store (23 items) and I'd like them all to show up on the front page. Is this possible?

Post by mystifier » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:57 am

You can set either the Latest or Featured module to show all products. Set limit to 24, position to home and select all products.

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by Qphoria » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:16 am

limit would be higher than 24.. try 1000... but be warned the more you try to pull at once, the bigger the strain on your server. However, it does use product caching so once it pulls it once it will only repull when the cache is cleared (when new products get added)

Administrator

Post by mystifier » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:36 am

But he only has 23 products ?!

Otherwise, I would have recommended the excellent 'All Products' module in Free Extensions which allows product sorting and pagination. ;D

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by Qphoria » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:37 am

I can't be made to read things :)
Plus 24 would be too high as well :)

Administrator

Post by mystifier » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:39 am

...but it is a multiple of four and there are four products per row so I was anticipating him adding something to fill the gap.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:42 am

I'm anticipating that too... a 977 product gap :)

Administrator

Post by IOWA » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:47 am

Ok so I created a category called "All Products"

How can I get it to redirect automatically to this category?

Code: Select all

header( 'Location:yoursite.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=35' ) ; 
I tried that in the index, and several of the requires/includes but it ends in a redirect loop. Any input?

Post by mystifier » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:51 am

No need. Simply add the Featured or Latest module to the home position in Admin->Extensions->Modules

The Products don't need to be in the same category.

Post by IOWA » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:54 am

Yeah I figured that out, but it's a PITA for people to add/remove products, as after you do that, you have to go to modules/extensions and manually add the products. It also screws with the sort order.