Post by traceofwind » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:54 am

Hi guys,

I'm getting this message:

"Error: Payment module configuration error. Please verify the login credentials."

I am completely new to PayPal merchant accounts and cannot figure out how to configure the 'PayPal Website Payment Pro (UK)' payment module within OpenCart. The objective is so that I can accept credit cards, and have a PayPal merchant account to do so. I have created a PayPal Sandbox account, for the development. Within the Sandbox account I have created a Sandbox 'buyer' and a Sandbox 'merchant'. I assume the problem is caused by my entering in the wrong information into the PayPal Website Payment Pro (UK) module.

Can anyone please tell me what information from the Sandbox account I should be entering?

I am a new user of OC, and hope that you can help me out here as I will do in the future where I can.

Please let me know if you need any further information!

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Attachments

Error-payment-module-configuration-error-please-verify-the-login-credentials.png

Error message when the customer clicks 'confirm order' from the website. - Error-payment-module-configuration-error-please-verify-the-login-credentials.png (12.75 KiB) Viewed 18572 times

Post by badgerandhone » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:13 am

Hi Gary,

I had exactly the same problem when setting up www.badgerandhone.com

I searched for days and couldn't find an answer anywhere. I eventually tried selecting just 'Website Payments Pro' rather than the 'UK' version, and its been working ever since. I've had over 50 transactions go through so far with no problems at all.

There is obviously a bug with the UK module.

Hope that helps you,

Martin

Post by traceofwind » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:15 am

OK, I will give that a go and report back.

Thanks, this is driving me nuts! :)

Gary

Post by badgerandhone » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:19 am

It did me aswell! Like I said, I spent days on it.

Let me know how it goes...

Post by traceofwind » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:34 am

Glad to hear I am not alone!

OK... good news and bad news.

Good news is that, yes, the 'PayPal Website Payment Pro' module seems a lot more logical; it's asking for API Username, API Password and API Signature -all of which are readily available from the PayPal Sandbox website.

Entered them into OpenCart and new error message(s)

1.) "This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant setup."

and this happened when I disabled the 'test' variable in the module:

2.) "Invalid security header."

I'll have to come back to this tomorrow. Perhaps I'm missing something within PayPal.

Please if you have anything else then I'd love to hear it. I'll report back tomorrow, thanks again

Gary

Attachments

This-transaction-cannot-be-processed-due-to-an-invalid-merchant-configuration.PNG

This-transaction-cannot-be-processed-due-to-an-invalid-merchant-configuration.PNG (15.32 KiB) Viewed 18560 times

Post by traceofwind » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:00 pm

OK...

So I found some useful information. The PayPal Website Payment Pro (PWPP) module requires you to use your API credentials that you'll find in Option 1 of 'Request API credentials' on your PayPal [merchant] profile page. Now the UK version of the PWPP module requires you to setup a different API credential, namely 'Payflow Pro API' access, which I believe applies to anyone wishing to use the 'PayPal Website Payment Pro (UK)' module.

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/uk/cgi-b ... s#SectionD

That being said, I am still stuck at the checkout.

So to summaries, I'm using 1.4.7 and trying the two PayPal Website Payment modules, with and without 'Test mode' and getting the following popups after entering credit card details:
  • PayPal Website Payment Pro (UK):
    "Error: Payment module configuration error. Please verify the login credentials."
  • PayPal Website Payment Pro (UK): -'Test Mode' enabled
  • PayPal Website Payment Pro:
  • PayPal Website Payment Pro: -'Test Mode' enabled
    "Security Header not valid."
Can anyone help? I would pay for assistance at this point provided you could provide documentation so that I can repeat this setup correctly in the future.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Post by Daniel » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:03 am

could it be that the UK paypal sandbox does not work?

has anyone tried a live paypal account using a friends card?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by traceofwind » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:25 am

Ok, good news -with a caveat.

The caveat first: I wasn't able to track down the cause of the problem, only to get around it with a fresh installation -including recreating a Sandbox account and test accounts therein. For posterity, and the benefit of others whom may have similar problems here were the steps I took:
  1. Installed OpenCart 1.4.8b.
  2. Created a Sandbox account, here.
  3. Waited for confirmation email from PayPal, and then clicked the activation link.
  4. Logged into PayPal Sandbox.

So right now we have a Sandbox Account, which will give us an API Username, Password and Signature -everything we need for the Paypal Web Payments module of OpenCart -but we need to create some Test Accounts first, or at least, a 'merchant' account. So think of your Sandbox Account as a 'host' for other virtual PayPal accounts which can be made up of merchants (sellers) and customers. The emails and passwords you create for each test account are all virtual, the only 'real' email address you must specify is in the registration of your Sandbox account. Email correspondence for your 'Test Accounts' are logged under the 'Test Emails' in your Sandbox.
  5. Clicked 'Test Accounts'.
  6. Clicked 'Create Account: Preconfigured'. Last time, I chose to create an account manually... and had problems. Hence I'd recommend choosing Preconfigured if you are a beginner or want quick results.
  7. Ticked 'Website Payments Pro (Use to represent yourself as a merchant using Pro)'
  8. I specified United Kingdom for country, added a credit card and bank account.
  9. Created a test 'customer' -this is optional but gives you the opportunity to test your cart with a virtual PayPal account, and if you specify so in the customer's 'Test Account' creation, a virtual credit card too.

So I have two test accounts, a merchant and customer/buyer.
  10. Clicked API credentials.
  11. Copied API Username, API Password, API Signature
  12. Back to OpenCart Admin area. Extensions > Payments > PayPal Website Payment Pro. Clicked 'Install'.
  13. Entered API Username, API Password, API Signature.
  14. Test Mode = yes
  15. Transaction Method = Sale
  16. Order Status = Processing
  17. Geo Zone = All
  18. Status = Enabled
  19. Sort order = blank
  20. Clicked SAVE.

I went back to the store front, created a shopping cart. I chose to register whilst checking out, specified Credit card payment by PayPal, entered my buyer's test account credit card (I believe any would work) and proceeded. The order completed. I had received confirmations emails where appropiate and the 'Test Email' within the PayPal Sandbox captured everything else.

Apologies if the above counts as 'stating the bleeding obvious' but I hope it is a helpful account of what I found to be a new and slightly confusing process of creating a PayPal Sandbox profile. I am a seasoned developer (I miss Classic ASP) and am humbled by the help available here, and hope this likewise helps any newcomers to what looks like the best shopping cart around!

All the best,

Gary
So I performed a fresh install of 1.4.8b (nice improvement over 1.4.7) and created a new Sandbox account. Low and behold, PayPal Web Payments module worked fine.

PS,
You may wish to disable your Password Manager (if you use one) for your browser -like Roboform, LastPass etc -as you will potentially be logging into several accounts at the same time. LastPass (in my experience) was causing autofill problems and was best turned off.

Attachments

sandbox-test-account-finished.png

sandbox-test-account-finished.png (57.57 KiB) Viewed 18533 times

Post by tilesupply » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:35 am

Can anyone help me out?

I had PayPal Pro working but I am getting some customers that say they couldn’t pay because it came back this payment cannot be processed.

I am a Uk seller so I tried to setup the PayPal Pro Uk Payment system and all I keep getting is
Error: Payment module configuration error. Please verify the login credentials.

Can someone please help me out with this?

Kind Regards

Post by Chones » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:50 am

I'm having the same problems with the Payment Pro (UK) extension, which I'd rather use than the US one. No matter what I do I just keep getting: Error: Payment module configuration error. Please verify the login credentials.

I've followed PayPal's instructions to the letter, although they seem to contradict the extension's instructions. PayPal says to Set up Payflow Pro API access and use those details in the extension. But the extension says to use "the merchant login ID that you created when you registered for the Website Payments Pro account" etc. Thing is, I didn't create a merchant login ID or password when registering. I just used my email and normal PayPal password.

Does anyone have any clue as to how to make the extension work?

http://scarletandjones.com/
http://sharpdressedman.co.uk/
http://coffincompany.co.uk/
http://horsesculptures.co.uk/
If I've helped you out, why not buy me a beer? http://craigmurray.me.uk

Location - London

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:47 am

Chones wrote:Thing is, I didn't create a merchant login ID or password when registering. I just used my email and normal PayPal password.
There's your answer. "Pro" requires you to have a paid service with paypal $30/mo I believe. You also get an API username and API signature

Administrator

Post by Chones » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:43 am

Hi Q,

I do have the paid service. And I have an API username and signature, but the UK module asks for User, Vendor and Password (unlike the US version). PayPal provide these (from the PayFlo Pro API) but when I enter the info it doesn't work. I've tried a multitude of user and password combinations but nothing seems to work.

I can get the US version of Pro to work using my API username and signature (well kinda, it hangs on please wait even although I'm on 1.4.8b with the email fix) and I get the payments. But the UK one, the one I want to use, just doesn't seem to accept my credentials.

http://scarletandjones.com/
http://sharpdressedman.co.uk/
http://coffincompany.co.uk/
http://horsesculptures.co.uk/
If I've helped you out, why not buy me a beer? http://craigmurray.me.uk

Location - London

Post by Dabnis » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi All,
Has anyone managed to resolve this PayPalUK Pro issue where we get a error: Payment Module Configuration Error: Please check credentials etc ?
I am using OC 1.4.9.1.
I have read all of the above posts but none seem to give a solution or even establish if there is a bug in the PayPal Pro (UK) module.
Either way I would appreciate some direction.
I can't believe that no one out there has PayPalPro (UK) working.
Come on lads: Open Cart was borne in the UK surely we have some pride!!
Regards.
Jonathan

Post by LivingTheDream » Tue May 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Chaps - I have exactly this problem - does anyone have a solution??

I am using 1.4.9.1 and have entered the vendor, user, password, etc from the payflow api as suggested earlier but I still get the problem.

I've even tried the non UK version and still the same problem

help!

Post by marmurr1916 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 pm

PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) - OC Version 1.4.9.5

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem as mentioned in the OP.

I'm using OC version 1.4.9.5 and I get the following error message when I try to make a live purchase:
Error: Payment module configuration error. Please verify the login credentials.
I have the followed this procedure:

1. Registered a Merchant Account with PayPal and been authorised to use PayPal Website Payments Pro.

2. Clicked on Profile in my PayPal account and requested API

3. I was given API details for User, Vendor, Partner (PayPalUK) and a Password.

4. Went into the admin area of my OC website, clicked on Extension, Payments and Installed Website Payments Pro (UK).

5. Edited Website Payments Pro (UK) by adding the API details for for User, Vendor, Partner (PayPalUK) and a Password - all copied and pasted from my PayPal account.

6. Settings used were:

Test Mode - No

Transaction Method - Sale

Order Status - Complete

Geo Zone - All Zones

Status - Enabled

Sort Order - blank

7. I then made a test purchase using real name, address and card details, got to the final stage of checkout and got the error message: Error: Payment module configuration error. Please verify the login credentials.

8. I then tried the fix suggested in one of the posts above (switch to the non-UK version, PayPal Website Payments Pro.

9. Followed the procedure above (putting the same API details as for the UK version, without the Partner details) and got the error message: Security header is not valid

I am now at my wit's end with this. Should I try to get new API details that are more suited for the non-UK version or just abandon OpenCart altogether?

I can't wait around for a fix because I'm losing too many potential customers.

My Open Cart Site: http://www.organicarganoil.org.uk

Post by marmurr1916 » Tue May 31, 2011 1:52 am

PayPal Website Payment Pro - successfully integrated! ;D

OpenCart version 1.4.9.5.

Hi,

An update on the post above. I've managed to successfully integrate PayPal Website Payment Pro (NOT PayPal Website Payment Pro (UK)) onto my website.

These are the steps I followed:

1. Logged-in to PayPal account, clicked on Profile, clicked on Request API Credentials under Account Information.

2. Chose Option 1 - PayPal API, then clicked on 2 (Set up PayPal API Credentials and Permission), then clicked on View API Signature (Option 2)

3. Copied and pasted the API Username, Password and Signature into the Open Cart Extension by following the steps in 4.

4. www.organicarganoil.org.uk/admin - log-in; Click Extensions, click Payments, install PayPal Website Payment Pro, then choose Edit and copy and paste the API Username, Password and Signature into the correct boxes; settings used: Test Mode - No; Transaction Method - Sale; Order Status - Complete; Geo Zone - All Zones; Status - Enabled; Sort Order - 3 (Sort Order is not really important), Click Save.

5. Carried out test purchase, was completed successfully.

If you're having problems setting up PayPal Website Payment Pro (UK), I would recommend ignoring it, and adding PayPal Website Payment Pro instead.

My Open Cart Site: http://www.organicarganoil.org.uk

Post by matt1982 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:55 pm

I seem to be suffering from the dreaded:

"This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration"

I have created an API account for both the Paypal and Payflow. I have copied them exactly a number of times and tested it but to no avail. I have also tried using Paypal Pro and Paypal Pro Uk however they both do not seem to be working correctly.

I have removed the API key and added another to test that theory also.

If however I enter incorrect expiry dates I see an error for this so I know the communication is happening between my site and server.

Just wondering if there are any settings I need to be aware of. My account says WPP is live however do I need to do any test orders like sagepay to get approved?

Hair pulling out time me thinks!

I tried integrating WPP into a cart many years ago and it was a mess then and it doesnt look much better still :(

Post by matt1982 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:27 am

Hmm I still cant seem to get a payment through.

I have refreshed cache tried a private browser window session. Nothing :(

Do you think it is now time to start contacting Paypal. Pity the error messages don't divulge anymore information I suppose they cant for security reasons or something.

Anyone else having/had similar problems and got any tips?

Im pretty much out of ideas with it now. Is it really a setting I have messed up somewhere? I have copied and pasted and checked there are no additional spaces etc but its not really that many settings to mess up.

Any light would be greatly received.

Post by LivingTheDream » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Well - I have upgraded to 1.5.1 thinking that that may help.

but no - still same error message 'please verify login credentials'

not sure where to go now with this.

Post by matt1982 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:29 pm

I went around 5 different paypal departments after posting on x.com in their forums.

In the end they said it was a fault with opencart.

However all the way through this I was testing it and then I tried it again after the last attempt and it worked the transaction went through the Paypal but the page didn't redirect to the thank you page.

Im sure they flicked a switch behind the scenes.