Post by Purebeads » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:13 am

I don't know how to do that, but if you want your categories always expanded, why not make them all primary categories? For the ones that you want to appear as subcategories, you could precede them by spaces (%nbsp;) or by one or more symbols, such as - or -- or > or something like that. Or you could use capitalization: put the "primary" categories in call caps and the "sub-categories" in lower case.

This isn't a programming solution, but it's a workaround. Granted, it doesn't look as good, but your customers will get the idea.

Post by jty » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:52 am

ummm ........ purebeads, thanks for your fast answer but ...... we're in the "Changing the most stupid image upload system" thread. LOL.
I want to have the folders expanded in the image filemanager pop-up in admin

But while we have sidetracked, there is a thread on how to have categories expanded in the front end. It's a simple change, something to do with children. If something or other, don't show "children" or something like that.

jty

Post by Moggin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:32 am

jty wrote:...Now I would like to make the folders tree stucture stay expanded to save another click. Anyone know how please
Thank-you
So would I! It would be extremely helpful.

If you dig about in the opencart download, you find
admin\view\javascript\jquery\jstreefile\documentation_plugins.html
which explains about the cookie plugin. This is supposed to save the state of the folder tree between sessions.

I tried to get this to work every way I could. All I managed to do was to lose the folder icons. :D If you are able to work it out, please let me know.

Post by Purebeads » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:02 am

jty wrote:ummm ........ purebeads, thanks for your fast answer but ...... we're in the "Changing the most stupid image upload system" thread. LOL.
I want to have the folders expanded in the image filemanager pop-up in admin

But while we have sidetracked, there is a thread on how to have categories expanded in the front end. It's a simple change, something to do with children. If something or other, don't show "children" or something like that.
Sorry, I misunderstood the topic!

Post by jty » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:09 pm

No need for a sorry, Purebeads. You were only trying to help and that deserves a "thank-you" I've noticed you're around helping a lot. Thank-you
Moggin wrote:If you dig about in the opencart download, you find
admin\view\javascript\jquery\jstreefile\documentation_plugins.html
which explains about the cookie plugin. This is supposed to save the state of the folder tree between sessions.

I tried to get this to work every way I could. All I managed to do was to lose the folder icons. :D If you are able to work it out, please let me know.
That is why I say documentation is a waste of time. LOL.
But I did follow your lead and I did try to read the documentation. But, yet again, the documentation got me nowhere. I wasn't even successful in losing the icon :laugh:

But now I have an idea. I will throw out the image file manager and insert my image filenames using good 'ol sql in phpadmin.
Don't tell Qphoria what I'm up-to. He will be horrified :choke:

jty

Post by Moggin » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:31 am

jty wrote:You were only trying to help and that deserves a "thank-you" I've noticed you're around helping a lot. Thank-you
Well said jty.
jty wrote:...I did follow your lead and I did try to read the documentation. But, yet again, the documentation got me nowhere. I wasn't even successful in losing the icon :laugh:

But now I have an idea. I will throw out the image file manager and insert my image filenames using good 'ol sql in phpadmin.
Don't tell Qphoria what I'm up-to. He will be horrified :choke:
I'll not say a word - anything that works is fine in my book :D
Still, if anyone figures out the jstree cookie thing, we'll all be glad to hear from you..!

Post by Purebeads » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:40 am

I'm still a little confused. You want the FOLDERS to be expanded in Image Manager, right?

Just curious, what do you use folders for? I have all my images in one folder. Has dividing them up into folders been useful for you? It seems to me that it would create more work. Or perhaps, if most of the images are in subfolders, then the Image Manager opens more quickly -- is that why you're doing it?

Post by Qphoria » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 am

Moggin wrote: Don't tell Qphoria what I'm up-to. He will be horrified :choke:
He's a mad man! A MAAADD MAAAAN!

Administrator

Post by jty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:01 am

Purebeads wrote:I'm still a little confused. You want the FOLDERS to be expanded in Image Manager, right?
yer. so when the popup pops up, the folder tree is already expanded. This saves another click.
Just curious, what do you use folders for? I have all my images in one folder. Has dividing them up into folders been useful for you? It seems to me that it would create more work. Or perhaps, if most of the images are in subfolders, then the Image Manager opens more quickly -- is that why you're doing it?
I put my images into subfolders cuz my scrolling finger got sore with all that scrolling in the image manager looking for the pics. Breaking them up into subfolders simply enables me to see the pics a lot faster.

Moggin, have faith. An intelligent person will come along and open the tree for us. Intelligent people always arrive though sometimes it might take 2 years :choke:

jty

Post by Purebeads » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:25 am

jty, could you answer a couple quick questions for me?

Can you drag and drop in the Image Manager? Also, when you move a file from one directory to the other, I assume that the cart keeps track of that and you don't have any broken image links -- right?

Thanks!

Post by jty » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Purebeads wrote:Can you drag and drop in the Image Manager?
I'm sorry but I can't answer that anymore. My database is now a production version and I'm unwilling to test on it in case I break it for the millionth time.
I don't use all those fancy tools in the image manager. I use plain and simple FTP to upload my images and move them around.
when you move a file from one directory to the other, I assume that the cart keeps track of that and you don't have any broken image links -- right?
mmmm ...... I don't know. There's 2 processes. 1 is to move the file from one folder to the other and the second part is to write the new path/file name to the database.
If the process of moving the file from one directory to another also updates the image path/name in the database, then the cart "should" keep track of it when the shopper next does a refresh, like moving to another page.
The logic here is that the cart calls the 'image' field in the database to return the image path/file so that should work.

jty

Post by Purebeads » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:00 pm

I thought the answers would be simple! I'll just do some experimenting. Thanks!

Post by robster » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:19 am

When adding new product images (a frequent task) I just need a simple file upload button instead of rendering 1000's images before my site recovers enough to add a new product image. I could ftp my images but for my client's it needs to be fast, easy and I don't want them tinkering with ftp.

Of course I still want the file resizing, thumbnail creating super duper features, just not the slow file manager area.

I don't ask for much do I :crazy:

robster

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by gilbe » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:19 pm

This feature should definitely be changed.. I'm not sure there is any real benefit gained, operating systems have spent all the time and money developing user friendly file explorers which is now replaced with a time hungry and counter productive system.

FTP is fine for some people but many of my clients just want to browse locally and upload quickly. Plus, I'm finding that my clients, who are using FTP, are just uploading the whole manufacture CD of images when they only need a folders worth. Wasting their time, plus storage space on my server :)

All in all though - open cart is still a great piece of software, just a few rough edges :)

Post by leomazz » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi all!
Anyone can tell me how to make the image manager shows the folder tree expanded when it`s opened?

Thanks!

Mamma mia! Donde me meti...?

Location - Banfield - Buenos Aires

Post by stewiek » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:40 am

im going nuts adding 600 photos of 400 products into the opencart site.

there has to be an easier solution for the "additional photos" part.
It will definitely help if I can CTRL- select few photos and be done with it !

Post by robster » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:49 am

There must be somebody who can make a quick extension to do this. I am not clever enough but I am sure many people here are.

robster

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by cmebd » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:42 am

There is an extension for bulk image upload through the Image Manager -

here

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by got2go » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:31 am

I'm new to OpenCart so this may be a stupid question. I have a dropshipper that supplies a csv file with all of the product data. In the image column it has the url path to the images they supply. In my other system you loaded the csv file and the import function automaically followed the url, retrieved the image file, addeded it to the image directory and contined on to the next product in the file until all imports were complete.

I've read through a lot of the threads here but haven't come across any solutions on how I would populate and or update the images from the data in the csv file. Could someone clue me in on how this is accomplished with OpenCart?

Post by popular » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:29 pm

I was also wondering how to organize the image manager by something more logical than size. I don't see why the size of the image would be more relevant than date uploaded or image name...Is there a way to change the way the images are listed?