Post by netpox » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:22 pm

I have installed the Google Checkout modification from the extensions section here on opencart and installed it and everything seems to work and people can checkout but when they do i get this message from google:

We've made several unsuccessful attempts to send order notifications to your notification callback URL

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:28 pm

In your Google merchant account, in the settings integration, try to change the notification XML API to 2.2. instead of 2.5 and see whether that helps.

Also make sure you have installed a proper SSL on your server, and configure your merchant account with a proper callback URL.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by netpox » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:56 am

I have SSL installed...i tried xml api 2.2 and still same error

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:12 am

Google is unable to call your Opencart server. There are many possible reasons for this error.

What is your Opencart version:
What is the Google Checkout version you are using?
What is your URL;
What is your callback URL?
What exactly have you got in your Google account's Settings > Integration?
What's in your system/logs/googleerror.log and in your system/error.txt?

If everything was correctly installed and it doesn't work you might consider switching webhost.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Gilmore » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Is a self signed SSL considered a proper SSL? I have installed this on 1.4.8.b and everything works great until you click on the message box on Google to send you back to OpenCart. When you click that, I get a blank page.

On Google's page there is the message below in a yellow box.
Message from testing:
Widget 43 Model:WID43
Click here to retrieve your purchase <-- the URL is: https://my_domain.com/index.php?route=checkout/gdownload&order_reference=95b097c795b2053c898f3cbaca9b91d9

Also when this sends you back to OC from Google, does it send you to your Account to download your order? I don't know since I can't get past the order! lol

Thanks!

Gilmore

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Gilmore wrote:Is a self signed SSL considered a proper SSL? I have installed this on 1.4.8.b and everything works great until you click on the message box on Google to send you back to OpenCart. When you click that, I get a blank page.

On Google's page there is the message below in a yellow box.
Message from testing:
Widget 43 Model:WID43
Click here to retrieve your purchase <-- the URL is: https://my_domain.com/index.php?route=checkout/gdownload&order_reference=95b097c795b2053c898f3cbaca9b91d9

Also when this sends you back to OC from Google, does it send you to your Account to download your order? I don't know since I can't get past the order! lol

Thanks!

Gilmore
When you sell digital, that is, downloadable products. it will indeed come with a yellow box with a dowload link to Opencart. Have you checked your system/logs and your server's error_log for any error messages?

Guru Member

Post by Gilmore » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:19 am

Yes I have checked for errors and I understand that about the yellow box. But the yellow box is NOT the issue. The issue is the blank page when returning to OC from Google.
When you click that link in Google, it returns you to the site, but you get a blank page. This is why I asked if OC views a Self Signed SSL as a proper https.

You didn't answer that part of the question. I would take it as if Google or OC didn't like the Self Signed SSL, then it probably wouldn't pass the info and resulting in a dead page. This is why I asked if a Self Signed SSL is a proper SSL. Or can you use this without having to use an SSL? Google gives 3 options, 2 of which require you to have an SSL.

As you may know, when you go to a page with a Self Signed SSL, you get the warning that it is Self Signed. I am wondering if that is causing a problem. Have you tested this with a Self Signed SSL?

Or am I missing something else?

Thanks!
Gil

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:18 am

I wouldn't use self-signed secure certificates.

Have you tried going manually to the download link provided in the yellow box, by copying the URL and pasting it into your web browser? Also, what's in your access_log? With what HTTP return code?

Guru Member

Post by Gilmore » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:37 am

Yes I have tried copying and pasting it and got the same results. Would it have anything to do with doing this in the Google sandbox or should it still return to a page in OC?

Here is the HTTP

HTTP/1.1" 500 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11"

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:05 am

HTTP/1.1" 500 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11"
That looks like an HTTP Error 500, that is, Internal Server Error. Check your server's error_log for more details.

Guru Member

Post by Gilmore » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:18 am

Noting in the Apache Error logs on this. Here's what is in the system/logs/

googleerror.log

Tue Oct 26 3:35:11 UTC 2010:- Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

Tue Oct 26 3:35:17 UTC 2010:- Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

googlemessage.log

Tue Oct 26 3:35:11 UTC 2010:-

Tue Oct 26 3:35:17 UTC 2010:-

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:38 am

Try your download URL starting with 'http://' instead of the 'https://'.

Also, ask your web host about the 500 Internal Server Error, it has to be logged somewhere in an error_log.

Guru Member

Post by Gilmore » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:42 am

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function rewrite() on a non-object in /home/public_html/catalog/controller/common/header.php on line 24

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:58 am

Your Fatal Error has nothing todo with Google Checkout. Rather, it looks like you may have modified your header.php. Assuming you are using 1.4.9.1, there is no mention of rewrite on line 24.

Guru Member

Post by Gilmore » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:02 am

Nope no edit on that line in the header and I'm using 1.4.8.b It is the same line as it is out of the box.

Line 24 catalog/controller/common/header.php

<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/DD_belatedPNG_0.0.8a-min.js"></script>

Post by Gilmore » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:57 am

Well I found the results of what caused the rewrite error. I had added something to my .htaccess and that was causing it. But it still doesn't pass back the info to the cart even on a fresh install. I'll keep on and see if I can get any more errors for you on this.

Post by Gilmore » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:50 am

OK...I just did a fresh install on 1.4.9 and it still won't pass properly for digital downloads. When you come back to OC, it tells you that you have not placed any orders and the cart still has the item ordered in it. Is there a way to fix this so when the Customers clicks the link in Google to come back to OC so it sends them to their account to download their item and also clear the cart contents?

Post by kathlk » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Just replying because I had the same problem with Go daddy - Linux - Apache and I think adding .htaccess value solved my problem with HTTPS callback. But still verifying it.

Location - London UK

Post by tvieira24 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Any updates on this? I'm having the same issue.

Also can you elaborate on the .htaccess modifications you're referring to?

Post by Gilmore » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:28 pm

What I had added to MY .htaccess is nothing that you would have added! I added something that had nothing to do with anything you would be doing. What I added was only for my site. So I don't think the htaccess is your problem!