Post by paul » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:59 am

Hi Guys,

Just checking if someone is working in a Coupon like Buy an $X amount and get a free product Y.

I was able to do some changes but the customer still needs to put the "free" product first in the cart and then apply the coupon to receive it for free.

Thanks
Paul

Post by ckpepper02 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Bump! i could really use this too. Otherwise I'll have to abandon Opencart and go to OSCommerce or something. Which I REALLY don't want to do :-[

Post by jtoogood » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Does anyone know if this request has been implemented?

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:41 pm

not to my knowledge.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by SXGuy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:33 pm

I have an idea for a quick work around.

Modifiy the free shipping to something like "free product" call it whatever the product is your giving away for free.

Set the amount to trigger the free product option, this will be whatever amount you want before the free product is offered.

When a customer checks out, if hes spent enough he has the option to pick the free product, then you just need to note this when you receive confirmation of an order.

Only downside would be that you would need to modify the shipping options to allow multiple shipping methods, as if the shopping selected his free product he would be unable to select any other shipping method.

Another option would be to just tell customers they get X item for free whenever they spend over X amount, and just ship it to them.

Thats providing you dont want to give any any product for free though lol

Post by alltrade » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:48 am

I know this is an old thread but I just looked for something similar and came across it. I think the following workaround will work fine:

Make a product in your store for the free gift you are giving away with whatever value($10 for example). Have the customer add their free gift to cart before checkout.
Then determine what your minimum order about for the free gift is ($50 for example).
Make a coupon for the amount of the item ($10) with a minimum order total of $60 ($50 + $10). Select the gift product as the required product for the coupon to work and voila.

From the customer's experience, he has to add his gift to cart and add the coupon code in the end. It's not automatic but it's a simple solution which requires no modding.

Post by tdaubs » Thu May 05, 2011 4:34 am

alltrade wrote:I know this is an old thread but I just looked for something similar and came across it. I think the following workaround will work fine:

Make a product in your store for the free gift you are giving away with whatever value($10 for example). Have the customer add their free gift to cart before checkout.
Then determine what your minimum order about for the free gift is ($50 for example).
Make a coupon for the amount of the item ($10) with a minimum order total of $60 ($50 + $10). Select the gift product as the required product for the coupon to work and voila.

From the customer's experience, he has to add his gift to cart and add the coupon code in the end. It's not automatic but it's a simple solution which requires no modding.
I guess with this work-around you would need to give the customer the coupon code at some point prior to checkout? Correct?

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California

Post by opcrat » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:58 am

paul wrote:Hi Guys,

Just checking if someone is working in a Coupon like Buy an $X amount and get a free product Y.

I was able to do some changes but the customer still needs to put the "free" product first in the cart and then apply the coupon to receive it for free.

Thanks
Paul
Released: Sales Promotion - Many Combinations (VQMod) Extension.

Everything you need to run a Sales Promotion for your Opencart web store. This extension comes with many advance options to run many combinations of sales promotion.

Available to Download from Opencart Extension Store:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4927
Last edited by opcrat on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Most Useful Extensions || Most Selling Extensions
Opencart Development || Opencart Designing || eCommerce Project

✔ Join more than 5000 Happy Opencart Store Owners enjoying the extensions designed and developed by Opcrat, Opencart Partner.

Post by jossoway » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Does anyone know of a promotions extension like this that works for v1.5.1 ?

Post by lloydmedley » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Fixed link: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4927, but is there anuthing for 1.4.9.4??

If I forgot to mention: it's OpenCart Vv1.5.6

Post by opcrat » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:23 am

jossoway wrote:Does anyone know of a promotions extension like this that works for v1.5.1 ?
Now Sales Promotion extension is compatible with Opencart Versions 1.5.0 and Up.
http://sales-promotion.opcrat.com/

Thanks lloydmedley.

Most Useful Extensions || Most Selling Extensions
Opencart Development || Opencart Designing || eCommerce Project

✔ Join more than 5000 Happy Opencart Store Owners enjoying the extensions designed and developed by Opcrat, Opencart Partner.

Post by sopedro » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:07 pm

free extension please...