Post by peteVA » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 am

Link to upgraded cart -

http://gooddropshipper.com

Prior to upgrade is was a copy of this cart - http://electro-tees.com

Actually, the electro-tees was a duplicate of the gooddropshipper cart. Literal copy, just edited the config files.

Note that with the gooddropshipper cart clicking the main category link to expand the subs will work and that the first time one sub is clicked, it will also work. But any subsequent clicking is wasted, as nothing works after that.

Initially none of the menu links or image links would do anything, but now at least you can get something happening. I do not know why, I have done nothing different. I had done the Ctrl f5 as mentioned in the instructions, followed everything to the letter.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:51 am

I would be happy to help you pete.

After taking a look at your well described problem, and viewing the link provided, my initial guess to your problem is the seo urls. I see on the electro-tees site there is no SEO enabled. On the dropshipper site, it seems you are using the "SEO Keyword" as a "Meta Keyword"

Meta Keywords are like this "Tshirt, electro, designs, clothing, dropship"
SEO Keyword is the url replacement and should be simple and for best results the ndash should be used and typically includes the name of the product

Product Name: Mens Nike Gsport Running shoe
SEO Keyword: mens-nike-gsport-running-shoe
or
SEO Keyword: mens-nike-gsport-running-shoe.html

You want to avoid using commas, slashes, spaces, and other punctuation aside from the "-"

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:05 am

OK, that makes sense.

I simply turned that on when making the upgrade, it had not been enabled before.

If I can use JN's import/export I can get that fixed fairly easy. Or simply turn it off for the time being.

Forgot I ticked that box until you mentioned it. No ones ass to kick but my own, should know to take things one step at a time.

Now, if only the images worked............. :(

Thanks for the reality check.

Post by i2Paq » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:47 am

peteVA wrote:Now, if only the images worked............. :(
I see that you have got that working to.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by peteVA » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:00 am

i2Paq wrote:
peteVA wrote:Now, if only the images worked............. :(
I see that you have got that working to.
No, the images on that site are not animated. The electro-tees.com is but the gooddropshipper.com is not.

I may just wipe it and copy over the 1.4.7 again, when I duped the one from the other the images worked fine.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 am

what change did you make to get them to work in 1.4.7? Just make the same change in 1.4.9

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:19 am

Qphoria wrote:what change did you make to get them to work in 1.4.7? Just make the same change in 1.4.9
After first creating the standard images as JPG I uploaded all 300+ or more (afraid to count) as GIF's and then deleted the created JPGs and renamed the GIFs as JPGs, as that was all the cart would recognize.

However they still functioned as animated GIFs, some with as many as 18 or so layers.

Then, as much as a test as anything, I copied both the cart and the database to the other domain, edited the config files and everything worked just fine.

But it was hours and days and I don't want to go through that again. I'll play with it a bit, and see what I can do. Worst case is I should be able to wipe the whole thing and put the backed up 1.4.7 cart, which I downloaded completely and use phpmyadmin to put the 1.4.7 database back up and see what comes of it.

In the meantime I've found a $249 cart that will handle them just fine plus has some other features, including an SEO type ALT tag for each image. Got to consider the time invested with this. I really liked that I could dupe them, so maybe I'll just freeze at 1.4.7 and get on with things.

My prime concern is a much SEO possibilities as possible, and it seems 1.4.9 may have a bit more, but I don't want to spend more days and days on it.

I might also try a clean 1.4.9.1 install and import with JN's package or load the database with the 1.4.7 data and see what comes of it.

Post by suraj@sharmatech.in » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Thanks buddies all of you are awesome, greate ,, love you all ,, thank you very much for these answered , really helped

Post by KeyLeeAM » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:45 pm

I think online business and developers can consider OpenCart upgrade extension of LitExtension when migrate opencart to opencart. I see it supports to move products, categories and other data to new version. With it,you can upgrade until to 2.x. Hope it helpful.

Post by Avvici » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:27 pm

KeyLeeAM wrote:I think online business and developers can consider OpenCart upgrade extension of LitExtension when migrate opencart to opencart. I see it supports to move products, categories and other data to new version. With it,you can upgrade until to 2.x. Hope it helpful.

You and your team of spammers for the promotion of LitExtension are warned to stop spamming across the Open Cart forum. We have countless threads in which you are potentially misleading people in effort to promote your product. If you offer assistance, make it real and make sure it makes sense.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC