Post by yellowlawn » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:00 pm

I have already contacted my web developer to do this and they are unable to. I have a site that has 1100 products listed on it. I would like to add a further 500. This would come in the form of a .csv file with accompanying images.

I'd like to get some ideas of cost and time frame to do it.

My website is: http://mysticshack.com/ if you need to assess the possible work involved.

Thanks

Post by MrTech » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:58 pm

If you already have it all ready to go in a csv file, couldn't you just purchase one of the import tools in the extension store to do the job for you?

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by yellowlawn » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 pm

I have thought about getting an import extension, but am not very confident with Opencart particularly if the import went awry. It may end up costing me more than if I'd asked someone who is more competent with Opencart to do it.

Post by madimar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:41 am

IMHO you could evaluate Total Import Pro tool. It is a bit pricey but it is the most complete import tool on the market IMHO.
You can always test it on a development db in order to check results before using on your real site.

Regards,

M

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by tri1976 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:12 am

I can help you with this. I have PM you. Please let me know if you don't receive it. Thanks.

email: trile7 at gmail dot com
Checkout My Extensions

Post by MrTech » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 am

I understand your hesitation and agree that being cautious is a great way to go when changing anything in a live shop. My vote for total import pro also. Besides, if you make a full site backup, what do you have to worry about? You do your changes, the site goes down, you blow away all files, restore full backup and you are back and running in a few minutes.

If you aren't sure, you could hire someone to backup your site before you go ahead with it....

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!