Post by kismitt » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:32 am

I need help with my site. I have OC 1.5.1.3 up and running and need a way from the OC Frontend to auto log into the Admin backend to update products (Single Sign-On). I'm able to get the Admin token session but only after I log onto the backend the first time. I would like to do this automatically without having to log into the backend manually.

Post by Avvici » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:26 am

Well, that isn't that wise now is it? All someone needs to do is discover the name of the admin directory and they are in. Or, did I miss something?

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by kismitt » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:47 am

You have to be an approved user to the OC Frontend and have an Admin Flag indicating that you are an Admin to the store. All of the pages are password protected until you log onto the system. It's a private Frontend and not open to the public. That's the reason why I need a SSO (Single Sign-on) script to automatically log onto the backend for the Admin to make changes.

I got everything to work so far except the SSO part to the backend. I don't know how to automatically get the Admin session token without logging into the backend.

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi there, we'd be happy to help you. Would you like to email info@antropy.co.uk with some info so we can give you an estimate?

Kind regards,
Paul :)

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by Avvici » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:55 pm

kismitt wrote:You have to be an approved user to the OC Frontend and have an Admin Flag indicating that you are an Admin to the store. All of the pages are password protected until you log onto the system. It's a private Frontend and not open to the public. That's the reason why I need a SSO (Single Sign-on) script to automatically log onto the backend for the Admin to make changes.

I got everything to work so far except the SSO part to the backend. I don't know how to automatically get the Admin session token without logging into the backend.
This isn't difficult to do. Just set up a check on the FRONT end to first see if someone is logged in and second to just compare that email to an admin's email thus giving them admin rights. As far as session token's go they are generated automatically by logging in "as" an admin. What is the solution? At the point of customer login it will need to run a compare on the database for the email match...and generate a token then (storing it).

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC