Post by jay_cee » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:46 am

Hey Guys,

I am having trouble with customers being able to log into my site.

(using test accounts) I can register accounts fine, I receive the confirmation email where I can follow the link back to the site which I am now logged into. I can also log out and then login successfully using the 'My Account' drop down box in the top right hand corner of the site.

My problem is that using the normal login page where it says 'Returning Customer' I keep getting this same error: Warning: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password.

I am using 1.5.1.3 and I am not in a position to upgrade at this time. Everything is working well besides this one issue, so I would like to get it fixed asap.

If anyone may be able to help with a fix please pm me!

Thanks

Post by webfes » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:35 am

hi i can check this for you ....add me on skype aditya_web

Post by MarketInSG » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:42 pm

jay_cee wrote:Hey Guys,

I am having trouble with customers being able to log into my site.

(using test accounts) I can register accounts fine, I receive the confirmation email where I can follow the link back to the site which I am now logged into. I can also log out and then login successfully using the 'My Account' drop down box in the top right hand corner of the site.

My problem is that using the normal login page where it says 'Returning Customer' I keep getting this same error: Warning: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password.

I am using 1.5.1.3 and I am not in a position to upgrade at this time. Everything is working well besides this one issue, so I would like to get it fixed asap.

If anyone may be able to help with a fix please pm me!

Thanks
Completed 8)

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by rodneyj » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:42 pm

I am having the exact same problem.. with the same OC version...

Can I please have the solution?
Can someone please post me some lines of code?

Post by rodneyj » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:36 am

I found the answer. The problem was in my theme.

Path to file:
/catalog/view/theme/MY-THEME/template/account/login.tpl

Change the login #id

Original 2 separate lines of code to l@@k for:

1. <form action="<?php echo $action; ?>" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="login">

2. <a onclick="$('#login').submit();" class="button"><span><?php echo $button_login; ?></span></a>

Change login to login1 and "enctype="multipart/form-data" is not needed:

1. <form action="<?php echo $action; ?>" method="post" id="login1">

2. <a onclick="$('#login1').submit();" class="button"><span><?php echo $button_login; ?></span></a>

Rodney.

Post by desrat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 pm

same issue here, tried changing theme so its not the theme, accts are approved in the DB, version is 1.5.4.

I've removed all vqmods and deleted the caches as well..

Post by desrat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:18 pm

more info - just manually edited a user in phpMyAdmin - removed the salt and added a straight MD5 hash for password and now that account works fine - looks like an issue in the salt function - any ideas?

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by desrat » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Its not exactly additional work, its a bug that's preventing proper operation of opencart - worse case scenario I take the site down and do a clean install of either 1.5.4.1 (presuming it works) or an older build prior to the salting being added.

I Ideally don't want to do that and I'm quite happy making any edits myself - knowing which files are related to the salt/md5 may help narrow it down some but we'll see - might just do a file comparison between 1.5.4.1 and 1.5.3.1 to see whats changed and work from there..

Again any input from the opencart team would be highly appreciated.

Post by MarketInSG » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 pm

there isn't any problem with the salt in v1.5.4.1. It depends on what are you changing.

system/library/customer.php is where the file for logging in is.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by desrat » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Issue resolved - the upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.5.4.1 must have failed somewhere - re-run the install/upgrade and all is well.

Post by er.waseem123 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:19 pm

i have to check the your file add me on skype, my skype is er.waseem123 . Thanks

Post by ostechnologies » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Let me know if you need any assistance. You can contact us via PM or email give below.

Opencart Expert | sales[at]ost.agency
Skype - manish.osuniverse | Gtalk - manishmt

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.ost.agency/product/product- ... extensions
ost.agency - ecommerce website design, development and digital company

Post by hassanalishah » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:27 am

Please help me out!

On my website: http://q-depot.com/ when i click on login (customer area) it directs me back to logout page rather than account page. I am using OC 1.5.6.4.

You may try to login here: http://q-depot.com/login - username: test@gmail.com Password: test123

I appreciate if anyone can suggest any solution. Thanks!

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:01 pm

Unfortunately, this is a commercial support post. If you're looking for commercial support, you're at the right place. Else, you may want to try the General Support forums.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore