catalog
* with attributes and all/as much as possible*
customers
orders

to opencart?

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:21 am

In the mean time, you may want to take a look at this: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... to#p224123

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com contractor officials representative

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ronypaul » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:24 pm

No I have never try to migration of magento 1.4.
It's really helpful post.

magento development | magento web developer

Location - New York,USA

Post by yosaito » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi,

I have just performed a migration from opencart 1.4xx to latest Magento using cart2cart. I would advise you to beware! While it has saved us loads of time, there have been some major headaches, some of which cart2cart refuse acknowledge.

Products
If you have stock levels on attributes, good luck! We eventually persuaded them to support this but it took ages of emails going back and forth and it is still not a standard option. You would need to do a migration then contact them to complain.

Orders
They migrate across the temporary "missing" orders! This makes doing any kind of profit reporting impossible. In our case, due to the amount of abandoned carts our VAT report for the year totalled more than the whole companies earnings :) Not an ideal situation.

** edit **
Apologies, I am referring to Opencart -> Magento, not the other way around. thought I would leave the post just in case someone stumbles across this who is in the same situation. Feel free to delete this if you see fit.

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:21 pm

yosaito wrote:Hi,

I have just performed a migration from opencart 1.4xx to latest Magento using cart2cart. I would advise you to beware! While it has saved us loads of time, there have been some major headaches, some of which cart2cart refuse acknowledge.

Products
If you have stock levels on attributes, good luck! We eventually persuaded them to support this but it took ages of emails going back and forth and it is still not a standard option. You would need to do a migration then contact them to complain.

Orders
They migrate across the temporary "missing" orders! This makes doing any kind of profit reporting impossible. In our case, due to the amount of abandoned carts our VAT report for the year totalled more than the whole companies earnings :) Not an ideal situation.

** edit **
Apologies, I am referring to Opencart -> Magento, not the other way around. thought I would leave the post just in case someone stumbles across this who is in the same situation. Feel free to delete this if you see fit.
Thanks for reporting this issue regarding cart2cart vosaito. Greatly appreciated.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by adabob » Wed May 30, 2012 4:37 am

Updated

Post by rahulsingh » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:41 pm

straightlight wrote:In the mean time, you may want to take a look at this: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... to#p224123
but its not useful for me anyother option

Open Source Company Open Source Services

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Perhaps by being more specific on what you need, it may become more useful as well to others in the future.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by kevin78 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:36 pm

Yes I have done migration quite successfully , all the customers records with details were migrated successfully. You can give it try.

SmartIO Content Transfer

Post by takahashi1973 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:08 pm

Regarding cart2cart: why not contact them, tell your needs and then migrate.
I always follow that and always gives me a perfect migration.

Post by david_smith01 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:49 pm

No I have never try to migration of magento 1.4.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Sven is an experienced developer who has done this before, his email is:
info@opencart-extensions.net

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by carlorine11 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:54 pm

I can find an easy way to transfer data to OpenCart at http://litextension.com/opencart-migration.html Hope that can help you.

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:30 pm

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON