Page 1 of 2

Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:24 pm
by Screwball
Hi all,

We are running Journal 3 with Opencart 3.0.2.1 and require an extension that allows Estimated delivery dates on our product pages. Something similar to what many Shopify extensions already use as shown in this photo here:

Image

Can anyone point us in the direction of an existing extension which can do this or build one for our website?

Regards

Screwball

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:48 pm
by straightlight
This topic has now been moved to the OpenCart 3.0 Support > General Support section of the forum.

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:30 pm
by Screwball
straightlight wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:48 pm
This topic has now been moved to the OpenCart 3.0 Support > General Support section of the forum.
Okay thanks but what does the [UNSUPPORTED] mean?

The extension I require has nothing to do with Journal 3, it is to do with an opencart functionality?

Re: [UNSUPPORTED] - Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:41 pm
by straightlight
Opencart.com does not support Journal theme issues nor any of its features as also being addressed from the FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776&start=20#p783502

Re: [UNSUPPORTED] - Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 pm
by Screwball
straightlight wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:41 pm
Opencart.com does not support Journal theme issues nor any of its features as also being addressed from the FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776&start=20#p783502
It's not a Journal theme feature. It's an opencart functionality.

If I wanted help with Journal I would ask Journal.
If I want help with an Opencart feature I ask Opencart.
Which is what I'm doing

Re: [UNSUPPORTED] - Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:49 pm
by straightlight
Screwball wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 pm
straightlight wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:41 pm
Opencart.com does not support Journal theme issues nor any of its features as also being addressed from the FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776&start=20#p783502
It's not a Journal theme feature. It's an opencart functionality.

If I wanted help with Journal I would ask Journal.
If I want help with an Opencart feature I ask Opencart.

This policy is very confusing!
The confusion was brought on to the fact that what requiring help about Opencart specifically based on a custom theme capture with Journal from the first post would of simplified manners. Now that your last post has been elaborated, I will remove the unsupported tag.

Re: [UNSUPPORTED] - Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:49 pm
by thekrotek
Estimated delivery dates sometimes are returned by carrier's API. So it's not really clear, how you want them to be calculated.

Re: [UNSUPPORTED] - Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:53 pm
by Screwball
straightlight wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:49 pm
Screwball wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 pm
straightlight wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:41 pm
Opencart.com does not support Journal theme issues nor any of its features as also being addressed from the FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776&start=20#p783502
It's not a Journal theme feature. It's an opencart functionality.

If I wanted help with Journal I would ask Journal.
If I want help with an Opencart feature I ask Opencart.

This policy is very confusing!
The confusion was brought on to the fact that what requiring help about Opencart specifically based on a custom theme capture with Journal from the first post would of simplified manners. Now that your last post has been elaborated, I will remove the unsupported tag.
The screen snip I included is from a Shopify theme (NOT Journal). I was using it to demonstrate what our company is aiming for.

You guys are wayyyyyy too sensitive about Journal. I have no idea what the deal is there as I don't follow these forums in great detail because I don't have many issues with Opencart or Journal. Frankly I don't care either. I use several extensions bought from here too and they all work great.

However, it's times like this I sometimes think, screw it, let's just move to Shopify.

Re: [UNSUPPORTED] - Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:59 pm
by Screwball
thekrotek wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:49 pm
Estimated delivery dates sometimes are returned by carrier's API. So it's not really clear, how you want them to be calculated.
Thank you!

For basic functionaility we would want an extension that shows expected delivery date (range) that can be manually set at the back end and assigned to our each products or category of products (we have around 50 products).

For more advanced functionality - (not sure if it can work) we would want the module to pull the ip address of the customer to help determine the delivery date range.

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:01 pm
by Screwball
Note that I did do a very thorough search for existing extensions and the only one I found was this which is no longer supported by the looks of it:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... mber=OC2PS

Re: [UNSUPPORTED] - Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:03 pm
by thekrotek
Screwball wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:59 pm
For basic functionaility we would want an extension that shows expected delivery date (range) that can be manually set at the back end and assigned to our each products or category of products (we have around 50 products).

For more advanced functionality - (not sure if it can work) we would want the module to pull the ip address of the customer to help determine the delivery date range.
This is a pretty custom task. You can hire a developer to do this for you. I can help you with this, if you wish. Send me an email or message in Skype and we'll discuss the details.

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:06 pm
by straightlight
For custom tasks, you can always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum or contact a reliable Opencart partner, to get this done as a custom job.

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:10 pm
by Screwball
Okay thanks.

Feel free to move this topic to that section.

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:18 pm
by straightlight
Screwball wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:10 pm
Okay thanks.

Feel free to move this topic to that section.
This topic has now been moved to the Other > Commercial Support

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:28 pm
by Scott_Cis11
Hi,
I would like to help, please send me details: scott.cisin20@gmail.com

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:33 pm
by pedro1993
Hi there,

I sent you a message a few minutes ago.

I'd be glad to help.

Many thanks,
Peter

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:59 pm
by OSWorX
Screwball wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:24 pm
.. allows Estimated delivery dates on our product pages ..
Do not know where your business/shop is located, but if you sell within/into the EC (European Community) you have to display at each single product a delivery day (requried by Law) already.
The term can vary from (e.g.):
Delivery 1-3 Days
Delivery 1 Week
Delivery 14 Days
and so on ..

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:06 pm
by head_dunce
Did anything ever come from this? The estimated delivery date is required for a lot of what Google wants in feeds too. I also need it set per-item as they vary with the 7,000+ items I have.

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:54 pm
by straightlight
OSWorX wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:59 pm
Screwball wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:24 pm
.. allows Estimated delivery dates on our product pages ..
Do not know where your business/shop is located, but if you sell within/into the EC (European Community) you have to display at each single product a delivery day (requried by Law) already.
The term can vary from (e.g.):
Delivery 1-3 Days
Delivery 1 Week
Delivery 14 Days
and so on ..
Added on this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217130#p791119

Re: Estimated Delivery Extension Request

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:10 pm
by Screwball
head_dunce wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:06 pm
Did anything ever come from this? The estimated delivery date is required for a lot of what Google wants in feeds too. I also need it set per-item as they vary with the 7,000+ items I have.
Honestly, I gave up on this topic I started. We were all ready to fire away with paying a developer to work this extension but we pretty much got shot down the minute I mentioned we were using Journal as our theme. We lost interest pursuing it soon after that.