Post by Dutch Pride Code » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:11 am

Hi everybody,

Under Admin > Catalog > Products in the product list, users can view the currently available stock quantity for each product. What I basically need is a way to keep track of the stock refill that I have ordered. So when customers order a product, the quantity gets subtracted from the stores' available stock. Then, when the quantity reaches below a certain point, I start ordering new stock from a manufacturer. I want this ordered quantity to be displayed so I know exactly how much I have ordered, so I won't forget to order something and I won't order some products double by accident. I'm thinking about a number field that can be changed anytime untill I hit the apply button or something. Feel free to come up with any suggestions or solutions.

Because I'm running a very small, starting business, the budget is very limited. This means our developer is allowed to sell the extension on Marketplace if this makes the job cheaper, but also that perhaps I may have to kindly decline if it will cost too much. I have absolutely no idea what the costs of such extensions are.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Dutch Pride Code on Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:32 am

Because I'm running a very small, starting business, the budget is very limited. This means you as a programmer are allowed to sell this extension on Marketplace if this makes the job cheaper, but also that perhaps I may have to kindly decline if it gets too expensive. I have absolutely no idea what the costs of such extensions are.
In this case, it means that you are asking a developer to reduce the value of the work where the package may be worth more than originally described by providing the required services to you while others might need to pay higher from the Marketplace.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by normanfost » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:01 am

Hi @jonagoldapple,
Greetings!

PM Sent.

Thanks & Regards,
Norman F.
Email: norman.cis10@gmail.com

Post by Dutch Pride Code » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:28 am

straightlight wrote: In this case, it means that you are asking a developer to reduce the value of the work where the package may be worth more than originally described by providing the required services to you while others might need to pay higher from the Marketplace.
No, it means that I am asking a developer to give me a price and I am offering to compensate for a lower price by allowing marketplace selling, rather than creating the extension exclusively for our store with the developer not being able to earn more with his (or her) work. The price a developer offers is completely up to them. To avoid disappointment I mention that I may have to decline if it costs too much, because we simply cannot afford it when the costs are too high.