Post by junkyfungus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:58 pm

I'm in need of assistance. We are in the midst of upgrading to 2.0 so this needs to be done for this build.

Here’s what we need to do:

My store pheromoneXS.com has two shipping hubs (USA and EU). We want our clients to be able to order from one store, but depending on their geozone we want the cart to offer them one checkout with 2 prices, just like amazon does depending on where or what you are buying.

An example.

Customer 1 is in USA and all his order will come from USA so he gets one shipping charge for all items. Exactly how it works now.

Customer 2 is in Bulgaria. He orders 3 products which will ship from our Sofia shipping hub and 1 product from our USA hub all in the same order. His cart gives him free shipping for the 3 products (as we define), but charges him for shipping for the 1 product that needs to ship from our USA hub.

We were pretty sure this mod from IsenseLabs would work with some modifications: https://isenselabs.com/products/view/in ... t/shipping

First I really like IsenseLabs and have numerous of their mods. My tech guy, who is amazing, met Daniel and became friends in Sofia at an Isense social function (check him out here: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 114&page=3 ). However this experience is bewildering as I can't seem to get a straight answer from them. Just about a month ago we officially inquired to have this mod made front design and back end logic and were told they can do it and would get us a quote. Today we get a quote but only on the back end logic and again asked to wait to quote the front end design and nothing at all in writing. I really want to use Isense but a month for half a quote leaves much to want and little confidence.

So I am openly adding this for paid assistance to get this done for me. You should be an experienced verified mod builder. We understand this will take time and I'm okay with that, but I'm not okay with a month to get us half a quote. Whatever we contract to do will be in writing with timelines and complete professionalism so both parties will have benchmarks. Our entire upgrade is dependent on this mod.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. I will put you in contact with my tech guy who will be able to provide all specs.

Location - Munford, TN

Post by Scott_Cis11 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 pm

Hello,
Hope you are doing well.

Have experience and will be happy to assist you.
Please get in touch with me at scott.cisin20@gmail.com

Expecting your prompt response.

Best regards,
Scott W.

Warm regards,
Scott W.
scott.cisin20@gmail.com

Post by andy54 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:13 am

Hi,

I can assist you in solving this problem.

You can reach me on

Email
andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com

Regards,
Andrew

Post by Johnathan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:27 pm

If your rates are all formula-type rates that you set yourself, you can do this with Category & Product-Based Shipping. You'd set a different rate for each product group + geo zone, and it would charge the customer appropriately for their area. You can see a simple example (without geo zone rules) on this page under "combining charges for different categories":

http://www.getclearthinking.com/categor ... d-shipping

If you have live rates you need like UPS or Fedex, then you'd need to get Ultimate Shipping as well. It can request rates through other shipping methods, so you can get a UPS rate for a particular set of products, and combine that with formula rates for other products.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested or you don't know if it would completely work, let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by junkyfungus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:30 am

Johnathan thanks for replying, but neither of the mods you suggested will do what I need. I have your multi flat rate shipping and shipping based fee discount mods so I'm very familiar with your work and like it.

However I don't see how I can set these mods to do anything like what I need.

We have two shipping locations: USA and EU. We have customers from all over the world. Our EU shipping hub serves EU only. Our USA hub serves anywhere including EU if the product is not available to ship from there.

One store for everywhere.

Customer 1 USA: gets all products from USA
Customer 2 Australia: gets all products from USA
Customer 3 EU: places one order and all products are in EU so they get all products from EU. OR all products are in USA and they get products from USA.

Here's where it gets tricky
Customer 3 EU: places one order for lets say 5 products, 3 of which are in stock at our EU Hub. That leaves 2 products that have to ship from our USA store.
We need our cart to be able to identify the location of products and offer shipping based on that. The customer sees 1 shopping cart only but has 2 different shipping methods because the products are shipping from 2 locations. The products shipping from EU will have one charge and the US will have another. The cart shows what the charges are, but still gives one total for both.

Amazon, ebay, even etsy does this. I have amazon prime so I get free 2 day shipping, but if I order something (in the same order) that's not prime I have to pay shipping. The cart shows everything itemized but still one cart and one payment.
Here's a couple of pics of what I'm looking for: (I had to search a freaking hour to find something on amazon that cost money to ship lol)
Image Image

Location - Munford, TN

Post by Johnathan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:26 pm

I still think Category & Product-Based Shipping would work for this, though if you have some product data field that determines the product origin (like the Location field) then Ultimate Shipping would make it easier, since you could use that field to determine which products are eligible for the rates. You might also find Individual Shipping useful if you want two entirely shipping separate choices for the two groups of products, and can use that in conjunction with any shipping method you have installed (including Ultimate Shipping).

Please contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact and I can send you an example, and you can see if that would work for you.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by junkyfungus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:48 pm

@Johnathan
Thank you for the quick response. We had contacted you thru your form. Let us know when you see it.

Location - Munford, TN