Post by Sockmaster » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:54 am

Hey There,

I want my site to be able to charge people a pre-determined set of prices, 9.99, 19.99, 49.99, 99.99. And depending on which option you choose you will get a number of points. Those points can be used in any combination to pick socks.

So someone might buy a 9.99 pack. Within this, they get, say 3000 points. They then have a list of all the products which they can select. Plain Black - 200 points, Bumblebee yellow - 400 points, Zebra Stripes, 1800 points.

Is there a way for me to have a check-out like this, where someone agrees to a price point then fills their basket with items that fall into that price point, as opposed to, picking a black pair of socks and me having to price it at like 34 cents, or what-have you?

Note: If there's a module already available, and I'm missing the info/terminology on how to 'find it' amongst the thousands of extensions...please let me know! Even if it's not yours, I'll Paypal ya $5 as a referral fee!

SockMaster

Post by MrFroggy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:21 pm

This sounds really interesting.

Should it be kind of random or it should be based on most popular socks, stocks. The possibilities are endless =) Which version of opencart and vqmod or not?

Send me a PM or an email to acidfrog84 @ gmail.com with more information.

Post by ostechnologies » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:30 pm

I am not aware about this. If you are looking to develop this module then please contact us at manish[at]opensourcetechnologiesDOTcom

Opencart Expert | sales[at]ost.agency
Skype - manish.osuniverse | Gtalk - manishmt

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.ost.agency/product/product- ... extensions
ost.agency - ecommerce website design, development and digital company

Post by dswww » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:26 pm

I'm interested in cooperating in this project. I'll leave a message for PM :)

Tworzenie stron WWW | Fireplace Shop London

Location - Poland

Post by Thomas005 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:59 pm

hi !

I have all the details on your PM please have a look .

Warm Regards,
Thomas Johnson

Warm Regards ,
Thomas Johnson
***We do it Better***

Post by Sockmaster » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:42 am

Thanks for the responses. For further clarity and to help scope it out a bit more... For anyone interested, I'm interested to hear back via direct PM.

Here's an example of the functionality on a website I saw.

gow4sale dot com

You can from the front page see there are 'gold packs' We would want this similar idea where people will buy a pre-determined price (like 9.99).

So if you click on say, a 100,000 gold pack you will see the functionality working. In addition to what they have here, I would like to make sure that it also:

1) Shows a running tally of what's been selected in a clean format with Quantity, Description, point value for example:
Qt 5 - Black Socks Plain - 300 points each
QT 2 - Bumblebee Socks - 1800 points each
2) Shows a remaining balance of how many points are left.
3) "Save" in the event the customer goes back a page and then wants to start where they left off
4) Be able to be purchased in the same shopping cart as other products that they might buy out-right. For example, someone might buy Christmas socks for 3.99, but also wants to buy a $15 mix and match purchase.
5) This is totally Optional, but I would also like it to show a recommendation of what items can be purchased with the remaining points. (Imagine you've selected a package with 30,000 points and you have 1,200 points left. It should profile products to you that are 1,200 or less - or grey out / hide the ones that are over 1,200 points).

Hope this helps scope out what I'm looking for.

Sockmaster

Post by ostechnologies » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:27 am

Just posted on your PM.

Opencart Expert | sales[at]ost.agency
Skype - manish.osuniverse | Gtalk - manishmt

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.ost.agency/product/product- ... extensions
ost.agency - ecommerce website design, development and digital company