Post by AEPCash » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:49 am

Hi

We are having several smallish but annoying issues with our OpenCart 2..... install. I've listing these below;

1. Since changing weights, we think, all of the vouchers we have setup that was chose to 'include' free shipping on aswell as a % off no longer include the free shipping when the user gets to the the checkout. The percentage or money off bit is included.

2. Font Awesome shows intermitantly on some browsers and not at all on others? Very annoying, can we use something else, I presume you will have come across this issue before and had to do like wise.

3. The voucher code area is only visable when the user goes to 'Shopping Cart' not checkout, whats the simpliest way around this.

4. For new Information pages, some get added some don't, which is needless to say very annoying.

5. \\\\ /// gets added to text where ' " etc is used, for no particular reason and the same for html link which is really unhelpful.

6. the http:// and www are both missing from the URL, I really need this to be https://www. as we have SSL cert.

These are of course all small buggy things, which we do need sorted out, and in such a away that it doesn't mess up other areas.

More importantly we want to grow our now very small e commerce site from a cottage approach to something bigger,, and will of course require help fro time to time. So we someone who can help us for bigger theme type elements and addons etc in the future, who is reliable and affordable.

Hope this finds everyone well, and if you can reply with each item priced, or those you can do of course, as due to cost we may only do some of these and continue trying to work out the others ourselves, plus your likely hourly moving forward.

Much appreciated.

Post by AEPCash » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Oh dear was really hoping we could get some help on this guys ?

Honestly we are nice people :)

Post by labeshops » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:47 pm

First off, which version of opencart are you using? You should always state this when asking for help as well as if you are using the default template or a different one.

1. I have not noticed this on the coupons, so no idea how to fix.

2. No idea what font awesome is - perhaps you are using version 2.0?

3. there is a mod in the extension store to add the coupon field to checkout. I know it is available for 1.5x as I use it, but don't know if it's available for 2.0.

4. Again not something I've had an issue with so I have no idea how to fix.

5. that is normal as ' and " are escaped since they are used in php code. Personally, I never use either in my text, but I believe there is a fix in the forums - try a search.

6. Check both config files and make sure your url is set up correctly with www.yourdomain.com. Then in your htacess file, do a redirect from non www to www domain.

Lori

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by AEPCash » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:16 am

Huh I says its version 2. in the question?

I genuinely just want someone to sort the issues out, I don't have time to do this myself, or I would have done.

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:24 am

The thing is there are a number of versions for "version 2" already, the latest being 2.0.1.1 - You should always include the exact version since some bugs may have been figured out already. For your list

1. This is highly unlikely to be due to weights being changed - they're in no way connected
2. This is vague - which browsers does it show, which doesn't it
3. This is the way it's set up. As mentioned above you'll need this coded in or get a third party extension to handle this
4. Very unusual and haven't seen this - would be good to know what browser you use and what version of opencart you are running exactly - and also what if any extensions you have that affect information pages
5. This is due to magic quotes gpc which you'll need to disable
6. That can be changed in your config.php files

I would offer to help and quote on this, but as your post has mentioned a couple of times about pricing I'm guessing you're going to want a cheaper developer than myself as I'm probably one of the most expensive, though for good reason. I suspect that may have put others off too from bothering to reply

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by AEPCash » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:59 am

Ok so its - Version : 2.0.1.1

The font awesome
-works mostly in FF, but not on my pc today, has done in the past.
-works on my bosses IE and but not on OE for any of my terminals
-Seems to work on Safari
-Works on Chrome everywhere I've tested it.

In php.ini its already set to

magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset = UTF-8;
memory_limit = 64M;
max_execution_time = 36000;
upload_max_filesize = 999M;
safe_mode = Off;
mysql.connect_timeout = 20;
session.use_only_cookies = On;
session.use_trans_sid = Off;
session.cookie_httponly = On;
session.gc_maxlifetime = 3600;
allow_url_fopen = on;
;display_errors = 1;
;error_reporting = E_ALL;

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:06 am

It's definitely magic quotes that adds the escape slashes. Just because its not set in php.ini doesn't mean it's not being overridden in another place such as a .htaccess file or somewhere else. You should check this with phpinfo(). For the browser issues, from what you've said this is more likely to be your browser than the store since it can't be replicated on any browser consistently as having a fault

Guru Member

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:51 am

Also, that php.ini isn't your master php.ini and is likely being ignored

Guru Member

Post by AEPCash » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:56 am

Ok so font awesome works when I have config set to

<?php
// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.website.com/');

but not when its

<?php
// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://website.com/');

Which is was until a little time ago.

Think that ones solved, make sense to anyone?

Post by AEPCash » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:45 am

Where would I find the main php.ini file, that needs changing.

Much appreciated.

Post by AEPCash » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:33 am

OK so 2. and 3. from my original list are now sorted, :) Still struggling with the magic quote gpc thing.

I've tried changing the htaccess.txt file i.e.

# 2. If your cart has magic quotes enabled, This may work to disable it:

# php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off

Removed the # but then just returns 500 and 404 errors across the board, so not that then :(

Post by riteshkothari1990 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Hello,

Some insights of the issues you are facing:
1. Since changing weights, we think, all of the vouchers we have setup that was chose to 'include' free shipping on aswell as a % off no longer include the free shipping when the user gets to the the checkout. The percentage or money off bit is included.
--- Need more details to understand the problem

2. Font Awesome shows intermitantly on some browsers and not at all on others? Very annoying, can we use something else, I presume you will have come across this issue before and had to do like wise.
--- Seems like the issue is resolved.

3. The voucher code area is only visable when the user goes to 'Shopping Cart' not checkout, whats the simpliest way around this.
--- Seems like the issue is resolved.

4. For new Information pages, some get added some don't, which is needless to say very annoying.
---This needs to be checked using the ftp and db so we know everything is proper. More likely the session issue.

5. \\\\ /// gets added to text where ' " etc is used, for no particular reason and the same for html link which is really unhelpful.
---There might be some extra code somewhere which is causing this. Mostly it happens when we add multiple extensions and they conflict.

6. the http:// and www are both missing from the URL, I really need this to be https://www . as we have SSL cert.
---You need to enable it in opencart and add code to the config files + install the certificate.

I think you need someone to provide you opencart maintenance and we do that work. http://finilite.com/opencartMaintenance.php

Do let me know if you are interested. We will resolve all your issues.
Thank You