Post by dtblingerie » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:06 pm

The problem I am trying to resolve is having the customer select PayPal under payment method and being able to use Guest Checkout on the paypal site. I have tried the 'LANDINGPAGE' => 'Billing', 'SOLUTIONTYPE' => 'Sole',USERSELECTEDFUNDINGSOURCE=CreditCard but it goes through the new paypal screen to the old paypal screen (it makes the user enter his/her credit card information twice.) Again I have no interest in utilizing the "Check Out with PayPal" button on the site. I want the customer to be able to select Paypal under Payment Method (Step 5) and be able to check out as a guest (without having a PayPal account). If possible, I would like the shipping information to carry over so they do not have to populate it again - not a necessity but preferred.

DTB Lingerie ~ Stop in for a look...we dare you.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:54 pm

All you need to do is use PayPal Standard and advise customers they should click this option:
http://screencast.com/t/GsBvUv2uc

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:28 pm

paulfeakins wrote:All you need to do is use PayPal Standard and advise customers they should click this option:
http://screencast.com/t/GsBvUv2uc
That is NOT an option. OpenCart uses API with PayPal Website Payments Pro with either Direct Payment or Express Checkout from websites for a reason.
I have no interest in utilizing the "Check Out with PayPal" button on the site. I want the customer to be able to select Paypal under Payment Method (Step 5) and be able to check out as a guest (without having a PayPal account).
If PayPal Express Checkout is not a solution for your customers / Business, that is no problem; you can switch to the Direct Payment method which OpenCart already handles out of the box. These options can be adjusted from your admin - > extensions - > payments page.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dtblingerie » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:59 am

I currently have Paypal Advanced on the site so individuals can pay with a credit card if they like. Having the option to pay with paypal (off site) provided a second level of comfort to a customer if they were a first time buyer and were not sure of our site. The setup I had prior to Paypal's update worked perfectly and as described in my initial request. The buyer got to Step 5 - Payment Method. Selected Paypal. They were taken to paypal to the screen where they had the option to pay with their credit card (purchase information/invoice to the left, paypal payment options to the right- Pay with credit card showing so they didn't have to select it.) They paid and were taken back to the site. Again, after Paypal did their update with the new interface - this no longer works.

Post by dtblingerie » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:00 am

paulfeakins - I will try adding Paypal Standard and see if that possible resolves the issue since Paypal Express is starting to prove to be a lost cause.

Post by dtblingerie » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:04 am

You are a genius! That did it! That is the screen I have been trying to get back too! Thank you so much!!