Located in sunny Santa Monica, Venice Data is looking for an experienced Web Developer using PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter) and open source technology (OpenCart) to develop, modify and maintain current web applications. The job includes developing a shopping cart using OpenCart, optimizing database structures, and integrating applications with 3rd party API’s such as Facebook, MailChimp, and other platforms.
* Integrate existing layouts and designs into OpenCart templates.
* Build great, multi-platform social game and other interactive web experiences.
* A driven innovator with experience in various and diverse types of web technologies on different platforms; a tinkerer that likes to try different approaches.
* Effective communicator that successfully collaborates with designers, producers, developers, engineers and contractors to define a project road map and deliverable deadlines
* At least 2 years expertise in Web Development
* At least 2 years of experience with PHP developing LAMP stack applications (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
* Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience with EC2 and RDS instances.
* Integrate 3rd party API’s including Facebook, MailChimp, and other API’s.
* Implement sending of emails from applications and a user preference center.
* Understanding of merchant processing,
* Ad integration with affiliate programs, adsense, and other advertising platforms
* Optimizing user engagement based on analytics and reporting
* Strong knowledge of software development life-cycle
* To apply, send an email back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* A list of previous jobs and interests
* Salary Requirements
* Examples of your own code in production (code samples, GitHub, descriptions thereof)