Post by acute » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 am

I am in need of someone who can add a tab to both the products section of the cart and the admin products tab that basically does the same thing as additional images, except for PDF files (I would even be ok with changing the additional images tab to PDF, if thats quicker and easier). I need to be able to attach 2 PDF's per product, one for specs, and one for installation instructions. For cart version 1.4. Serious quotes to service@acutecompute.com please.

Post by cmrukcom » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:29 pm

This is quite a common requirement - especially for higher priced items, but which is not covered by the current download files option (who will want to risk accidentally ordering a high value product just to look at the detailed product specification.)

There should definitely be an additional files tab on the product page just as there is the additional images tab - whether this links to files in the download folder or there should be a new folder for this is debatable. There may be security issues with linking to files in the download folder as an attentive user might be able to guess the names of files to download, that would normally cost money, but which are sitting alongside freely accessible product information files. In principle it is possible to have product information links in the text of a product description, but it would be much nicer if the db knew about these product information files.

K

Post by chrisranjana.com » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:14 am

Is this project still available ?

Chris, Opencart Developers and Programmers,
Opencart Developers Opencart Programmers
https://www.chrisranjana.com

Location - chennai, India