Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:42 am

How can I set up up weight-based and/or zone-based shipping?

It is for an OpenCart based website whose market place is in Australia only.

I am a little bit lost and can't seem to find any obvious admin pages for setting up shipping zones (e.g. all of the Australian states) and the shipping charges for the product weights. Any hint or help appreciated.
Last edited by JNeuhoff on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by JohnnyO » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:25 am

The weight based module is broken from what I've experienced.

The zone based module however works very well.

I only needed the ability to ship within the United States, so using PhpMyAdmin I cleaned up the database by deleting all of the zones and countries except the US and its 50 states. I then set up the geo_zones by grouping the states into their respected geographical zones. "eg.. time zone, but you can use whatever you want" Now you can configure the tax from within the tax zone menu and Set your shipping rates inside of the Zone Based Module using the following format.

(Unit of Weight) : (Unit of Currency), (Unit of Weight) : (Unit of Currency)

1:2.00, 2:4.00 etc...

So in my shop it would read one pound or less will cost two dollars to ship, two pounds or less will cost four dollars to ship.

I hope this is enough information for you, I'm writing this in a hurry.

If you make it idiot proof, they will just build a better idiot.

Location - Denver, CO - USA

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:11 am

I think I now understand how it works. Thanks for your help.

I am now re-defining the zones and geo-zones for Australia according to the Australia Post destination zones and will also enter the correct distance weights per KG for these zones.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member