Post by Damianz » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:12 pm

Hi, I'm new member of this forum.
I'm using opencart right now for my project, since it's easy to customize its looks and have nice administration menu.
For Credit Card Payment, is there any module beside paying from Paypal?
since i don't have any idea about how credit card payment works from website, i need information / help for this.
Thank you!

Post by jeeremie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:27 pm

Yes, I have the same problem. I want my visitors to be able to pay via Paypal but also by credit card (Visa card and Master card) in case they don't have a Paypal account.

Post by tchemis » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:54 am

I started to develop a credit card module, and when I was about 90% I decided to scratch the whole idea. Mainly because of security issues, and the responsibilities of holding a customers credit card details was to great. Most clients I am dealing with are on shared hosting with shared mysql servers, I do not trust this scenario for storing credit card details.

I decided on using bidpay.com for general credit card processing. I am in the process of finishing off the bidpay.com module should be released in the next 2 weeks or so, I just have so much work and holidays in the way.

PS: Buyers do not need a paypal account to pay.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:06 am

I have the same question about payment. You said that
tchemis wrote: PS: Buyers do not need a paypal account to pay.
Is it possible for a customer to do a credit or debit card payment via Paypal without having to join Paypal from the OpenCart's PayPal extension? I haven't had a chance yet to test this feature. I assume it just calls the PayPal payment gateway with the total amount and card details, doesn't it? Hence all we should need is a PayPal business account.

Is this how it works?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by tchemis » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:32 pm

Hello,

The only time a buyers needs to register to make an order is on the opencart site, this gives them the ability to track their order status. They do not need to register on paypal to make the payment, the paypal extension as you mentioned taps into the paypal gateway and simply forwards the order amount, and the email of the seller to receive the payment.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:38 pm

Thanks for your explanation.

I am new to OpenCart, I have compared several shopping cart software packages over this past weekend, including osCommerce,Zen Cart, Agora Cart and others, but they all suffered from the spagetti code chaos. Only OpenCart has a much cleaner separation between templates and the code. I am quite impressed with OpenCart so far, and probably will use it in my latest online store software project.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by jeeremie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Hello tchemis ,

You said, you will soon release a Bidpay module. Where can we download it when it is available? Could you drop a note on this post?