Post by enzearth » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:34 am

Is there any way to display a breakdown of the products purchased rather just the total amount in Paypal?

Post by tmcguire » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:35 pm

Just started using this cart yesterday and am noticing that the paypal integration leaves much to be desired. I don't see a break down of productes ordered and normally when using paypal for doing purchases or subscriptions the customer should be presented with a link on the paypal cart page stating "Don't have a PayPal account? Use your credit card or bank account (where available). " which allows the use of paypal without needing an account.

Why is this not availiable in the implimentation of OpenCart?

--Tom

Location - Across from the Kitchen

Post by tmcguire » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:39 pm

It seems that I had incorrectly entered in my paypal email address in the payment coniguration area and once corrected I see that there is now an option to "

Don't have a PayPal account?
Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue

"

I still also would like to see a list of individual items on the paypal cart page. I'm not sure it's possible. But it would be nice.

-Tom

Post by tmcguire » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:56 pm

There is actually a little drop down box at the top of the paypal cart page which has some minor information in it but it's not immediately apprent that you can click the downward pointing arrow to reveal the info.

Is there also anyway that you know of which would allow the simple paypal cart to be expanded automatically on arrival to the site?

Post by lakbum » Sat May 17, 2008 4:22 am

This might be too late and might not be applicable to this problem.

I resorted to setting up Paypal's Website Payments Pro and through this, I learned that I needed to send the actual product data that you want to display on the Paypal site.  By the minimum, you only need to send the amount to Paypal, so that is probably why you are only seeing the amount.  To send the breakdown of the products, you have to actually pass it to Paypal in the initial call.

Post by Luvz2drv » Sat May 17, 2008 6:54 am

wow and do you guy read other parts of the site...  for the work in progress of the paypal payment with list of products..  the search button can be friendly and lead you on the right way...

Global Moderator

Post by tmcguire » Tue May 20, 2008 3:20 am

Please note the date of the post which describes a solution to the earlier parts of this thread and you'll see that the solution occured in the future. So at that time there would not have been a solution posted.

Additionally if you had done a search to see if I know how to search you would have seen this thread.

http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/top ... ml#msg3004

-Tom

Post by bruce » Tue May 20, 2008 8:09 am

heh heh... priceless  ;)

Post by Luvz2drv » Tue May 20, 2008 10:25 am

wow -- that is nice...  i want that in my sig too lol

Global Moderator