Post by pathfinder_05 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:44 am

Hi team,

This is my ideal shipping set up and I'm having trouble applying it due to the topics mainly covering weight and geographical areas.

I only have one product.  If they buy 1 the cost of shipping is, for example, $3... then if they buy 2 the cost is $4..... buying 3 is $5 ..... and so on until they buy 6 and upwards, shipping is free.

So I can't do a set fixed price per item for shipping.

Also, I need all these sums working out behind 'the scene' and they don't even have to tick the shipping box (which I'd like to remove) ... the costs are all displayed during the checkout phase.

If the answer is lying out there in the forum but it's just the terminology that is stumping me can you please just tell me what I should be looking for and I'll search again.

Thanks,

DB

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:03 am

Take a look at the zone shipping FAQ:
http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/topic,2630.0.html

If you still have questions, then post back and we can go into more detail

Administrator

Post by pathfinder_05 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks for that.

I think I should be fine, I've read tons of posts and now have the right terminology to use.

However, I'll give you a shout if it all goes pear shaped.

Thanks,

DB

Post by pathfinder_05 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi,

Got the zones set up.  I think people's problems come from thinking too much.  I haven't got a clue what I just did but it now works  :)

Just to check though... I wanted to cost the shipping per item, not weight.  So I set up the item weight as 1 kilo (a nice round figure), even though it isn't, and just used 1 kilo meaning 1 item.  Does that sound about right?

I only have one product so all seems well.

Thanks.

DB

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:24 pm

There is a thread I've started where I discuss possible expansion of the zone shipping module to be configured to use weight or price.... item-count might be another good idea:

http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/topic,2829.0.html
Last edited by Qphoria on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator