Post by boltcutter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:37 pm

Is there anyone around who can be paid to develop the payment module for Paymentech and/or PP Website Payments Pro for my OpenCart? I can develop, but I've never developed for CC transactions.

If it's actually kind of easy and you want to be honest with me about that, then even better :D

PM me, please.
Last edited by boltcutter on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Luvz2drv » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:41 am

Yes i have done s few Bank API now for opencart as well my own paypal branch as well

send me a pm if your interested and we can talk

Global Moderator

Post by DevXpert » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:35 pm

I just found out about opencart today and installed it to my web server. I really appreciated the fact that it's an opensource with a lot of hardwork put into this. What I don't really understand is that WHY this cart doesn't accept offline credit card?? With all the wonderful things this cart can do but left out one of the most important elements in doing e-commerce?

This somehow lets few people here taking advantage of making money from it. If you put the keyword "offline payment" you'll see a lot of requests and answers something like "it's been done" --> (commercially) and pm been sent. Yeah right!

If they are really looking to make money from it, why don't they just write the whole thing themself? This is suppose to be a community where people are contribute their knowledge, share ideas, to make things better, or even make the world a better place to live. 

I think most people (including me) will better off go with different solution like prestashop, magento, oscommerce which come completed and totally FREE.

Post by bruce » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:22 pm

I see you can also copy and paste.

One post is enough to make your point.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:22 pm

DevXpert wrote: I just found out about opencart today and installed it to my web server. I really appreciated the fact that it's an opensource with a lot of hardwork put into this. What I don't really understand is that WHY this cart doesn't accept offline credit card?? With all the wonderful things this cart can do but left out one of the most important elements in doing e-commerce?

This somehow lets few people here taking advantage of making money from it. If you put the keyword "offline payment" you'll see a lot of requests and answers something like "it's been done" --> (commercially) and pm been sent. Yeah right!

If they are really looking to make money from it, why don't they just write the whole thing themself? This is suppose to be a community where people are contribute their knowledge, share ideas, to make things better, or even make the world a better place to live. 

I think most people (including me) will better off go with different solution like prestashop, magento, oscommerce which come completed and totally FREE.
While I share your vision of a free, and I too at one point shared your distaste, but I don't necessarily disagree with offering commercial contributions at a price. Coding is time consuming, and some people do web development coding as a second job, or just to balance out with a little give/take. Plus they are offering complete support, along with the ssl certificates, installation, etc. These extras drive the cost up a bit, but are mainly aimed at non-developers looking to get their store up and running out of the box with immediate turn around. So there is nothing wrong with being paid to support someone else's store.

OpenCart is still a young cart and the official team consisted of just 1 person originally, and his job was to make the actual store, so his time was spent on the basics. Then the team increased by 1 and that person was designated to handle bug fixes so that the lead coder could continue on improving the next version.

So the team is still growing and the OpenCart is still maturing. Things like payment modules and such take even more time as you try to make them perfect on the first shot, as you are dealing with people's sensitive information and you don't want to risk that as a store owner. I do it pro bono as part of just hobby and learning, but there is nothing wrong with free enterprise trying to get a little something back for what you give when its part of your income or just some side money.

Your screen name is DevXpert, which implies that you might be an expert developer? Why not pay it forward and offer some community help to create the modules you need and release them publicly for the next guy?
Last edited by Qphoria on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by jty » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Qphoria wrote: Your screen name is DevXpert, which implies that you might be an expert developer? Why not pay it forward and offer some community help to create the modules you need and release them publicly for the next guy?
I was thinking the same. If it's not there, then write it and make it a contribution
DevXpert wrote: WHY this cart doesn't accept offline credit card?? With all the wonderful things this cart can do but left out one of the most important elements in doing e-commerce?
Sorry to disappoint you but Prestashop doesn't have offline credit card. Someone is trying to write it but it's broken.
Sorry to disappoint you but do a search in Magento's forums for the word "Slow". The answer is get a dedicated server which negates the word "Free".

I don't understand how people can get so upset cos they couldn't get something for free  ::)

jty