Post by nextgenxx » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:03 pm

How can I accept Credit Cards as a payment method and process them offline?

Need I say more, can open cart do this like oscommerce? Most customers don't want to use paypal and paypal takes a fee on all processed  orders.

Does OpenCart have a module plugin? Why does this question seem to be a round-N-round debate. Can OpenCart do this or not?

Post by Luvz2drv » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:38 pm

there is no debate yes it can and has been done.

I wrote one..  and offer it as a commercial mod.

based on your pref it can be installed to send the card info via email as an attachment (compressed text file) or can store it in the database.

Jonathon

Global Moderator

Post by activeebiz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Why does this question seem to be a round-N-round debate.

Well, most cart can collect and store the cc info..eighter as a standard feature or as an add-on.

The debate is rather about that to store any cc info you have to be PCI compliant.

(Which among other precludes you from using shared hosting for for your shop, i mention this one because most who ask and want to store cc info are small businesses who have their shop on shared hosting)

And also according to Visa and Mastercard you are not alowed to store the 3 digit security code, CVV/CVV2 at all. (The CVV/CVV code should only be used to authorize a transaction in realtime)

The best and easiest way is to use a payment gateway to collect and process cc payments in realtime.
Last edited by activeebiz on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bruce » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:29 pm

I am having trouble getting a copy of the PCI compliance document. If you have one, could you please email me a copy?

thanks

Bruce

Post by activeebiz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:56 pm

bruce wrote: I am having trouble getting a copy of the PCI compliance document. If you have one, could you please email me a copy?

thanks

Bruce
http://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/sec ... _dss.shtml

also this site have some easy quick info...

http://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/

Post by Luvz2drv » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:18 pm

great info to have on hand thanks.

Global Moderator

Post by nextgenxx » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Luvz2drv, if you have a Commerical CC mod, how can I get a copy of it to use with my opensource OpenCart cart? Does it use SSL when customers login, to protect their info and securely keep the CC info private? Is it storred on server or sent by email? I have read almost all the CC related posts here and it does seem like a debate. I think that OpenCart could be one of the best opensource commerce programs if it did have a module/plugin users could download and install as one of its features. OpenCart is easy for customers to add products to their cart, shop, but the checkout and pay seems to be "go somewhere else and pay". Customers don't want to travel to another website to pay, people are lazy and want the easiest method to do things. I am not trying to be rude or offensive with this post, but I don't want to have to install ZenCart, osCommerce, and deal with all that coding. So far I like how friendly, simply, OC is and I just would like to have the CC part too.

Post by nextgenxx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:12 pm

Does anybody want a job $$$ to get credit cards accepted through opencart? Show me your site that has this function first.

Thanks

Post by Luvz2drv » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:02 pm

yes i can show you my demo site with it installed
as well there are users here that have bought it and could post comments if they like about it as well

the SSL part of opencart depends how you set up YOUR cart.  if you setup a ssl and define it in opencart it will use it.. if not it not secured.  has nothing to do with the mod. 

hope that helps

and a pm was sent off

Jonathon

Global Moderator