How often do you check the forums for a solution to the google checkout extension integration into Open Cart v0.7.7

Every Hour
5%
Every Day
27%
Once a Week
36%
Once a Month
18%
I don't care about google checkout
14%

Total votes: 22

Post by dcarrith » Fri May 23, 2008 11:30 pm

I am trying to gauge the demand for the google checkout solution I have developed.  It was quite extensive and will take a lot of time to type up the instructions for how to implement it.  Because I already don't have enough time in each day that passes, I would like to get a sense for the demand for such instructions. 

Thanks,
David

Post by hm2k » Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 am

Just release it and provide a way to send you donations via paypal, otherwise you'll find someone else will just write one instead...

UK Web Hosting

Global Moderator

Location - UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:28 pm

A Google Checkout plugin for OpenCart would be highly useful. There many OpenCart website owners who don't like PayPal, and I think the Google API shouldn't be so hard to be used, especially since OpenCart only transfers one total amount to the payment gateway.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by virtualgeorge » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:59 am

I would donate towards a google mod.

I just realized that google is charging me less that paypal. I haven't even been paying attention to the fees.

Paypal is charging me like 2.9% +.30 transaction fee.
Google is just charging me 2.2%

I haven't had to use googles support but I know I don't like dealing with paypal support when I have a problem.

Post by JohnnyO » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:50 am

Hook it up, Many people on the forums here would love to have a Google Checkout Mod.  Just do a search.

-JO

If you make it idiot proof, they will just build a better idiot.

Location - Denver, CO - USA

Post by kristin558 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:52 pm

Yes! Sooner the better. But what about version 6.5? Can it work, too?

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:33 pm

I think its time to start phasing off of the 0.6 versions. The framework has changed twice since then and support is growing slim. I would highly recommend upgrading to 0.7.9 when it is released. That has had a years worth of bug fixes and has had the most recent comb through, as well as the greatest number of contributions.

Contribs going forward will likely only be for 0.7.9 and 1.x

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by fido-x » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm

I think its time to start phasing off of the 0.6 versions.
That's all very well, but suppose your hosting service only has PHP4?

Fido-X.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:22 pm

http://www.gophp5.org
If there is a host that still uses php4 then I think you have bigger problems than your choice in cart  :P

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:41 am

Coming back to the Google Checkout request: I have now written one and I am currently testing it. It just passes a single total value to Google's Checkout, OpenCart sets the order status to a 'Paid Unconfirmed' status, and when Google does the callback to OpenCart, OpenCart changes the order state to 'pending'. Workflow is somewhat similar to what the PayPal Improved contribution does. Hope to have it finished next week.

The next step would be to pass all the products of an order to Google Checkout, including all of the tax rules, so that in the Google Checkout page it would show them all, instead of just a single total value.

Attachments

???
google.png
Last edited by JNeuhoff on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:28 am

I have successfully finished the testing of the GoogleCheckout module for OpenCart 0.7.9, I am now writing up some documentation and install instructions before releasing it hopefully next week.

MHC Web Design

Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:32 am

Great news.

Can I ask why you limited the options to just 2 radio boxes for currency instead of the multiselect? Is it not possible to allow multiple currencies like other payment modules?

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:06 am

Can I ask why you limited the options to just 2 radio boxes for currency instead of the multiselect? Is it not possible to allow multiple currencies like other payment modules?
Google allows only one currency for the seller's account: GBP or USD depending on seller's location. My code will convert OpenCart's selected currency into the one Google Checkout uses.

MHC Web Design

Expert Member

Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:59 am

Ah ok Thanks  :)

Administrator