Post by slicksps » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:53 am

I have the secure server setup and the site will follow shortly, but I would like a module to accept credit cards directly on the site to go through HSBC, could you please PM me a quote (I don't take estimates) for the standalone module to allow input of the merchant account and details on the admin side so I can potentially use it on other sites in future?

Regards

Simon

Post by bruce » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:11 am

You will have to write a proper specification if you want a fixed quote.

Post by slicksps » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:59 am

Hi Bruce,

How much more information do you need?

Regards

Simon

Post by bruce » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:10 am

A functional specification would be enough.
Something to explain
  • what you want it to look like. buttons, fields, lists, labels, layout, input validation (if any)
  • screen mockups are always good
  • workflow, how it should behave
  • how to navigate to this new page (or tab) in store administration
  • if it is a payment extension and hence includes communication with the payment gateway
  • anything else I cant think of
In other words, enough information so that the developer knows exactly what is required for the fixed price quote and so that you do not take delivery and come back with "I actually wanted...", and expecting changes with no budget left and not wanting to pay for what has been delivered.

Cheers

Bruce

Post by slicksps » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:18 am

What I want it to look like...
It should match opencart's current design using it's own classes etc so I can style it through css. Input validation should be normal credit card validation performed by the php not javascript. It needs the usual credit card fields and cater for Maestro secure code and varified by visa 3d. Layout should be similar to oscommerce's credit card form with the extra 3 digit security code and any extras required by the 3d varification above.

Workflow...
It's a standard payment module so should pass credit card details via secure server invisibly to HSBC's payment API and pull back a result code to either pass or fail payment. Pass = thank you and order becomes 'pending' Fail = you entered something wrong or credit card declined, do you want to select an alternate payment method.

Navigation...
Should be seamless, proceed to checkout, enter addresses, enter credit card info pass/decline

Payment gateway should be built into the module and pass details for varification through HSBC's API

Ultimately, the budget isn't high, but for what I'm asking for the right person, it should be high enough. (I charge £75 per hour for instance and it should only take a few hours for someone used to HSBC or less if it's already been done) As long as the module allows seamless invisible payments flying through an HSBC account and is arranged in a standard way, I'm happy.

Post by Luvz2drv » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:24 pm

you not going to force that to https page for the creditcard details..

that would be something that would need to be put into play for you to use that...

Global Moderator

Post by ocw » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:32 am

You might want to check this guy out:
http://www.foamcow.com/hsbc.php
or take a look at the code to see how he did it. I just stumled upon his site and connected you. Good luck.

ocw

Post by crypsoft » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:27 am

I'm working on something similar to this type of an integration for google checkout.  I added the payment extension with the new admin config screen to add merchant id and key info, etc.  This would probably be a very similar integration.  I may be interested in "applying for the job."

Here's the post I made in the Open Cart Payments forum topic:

http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/topic,1156.0.html

I posted a screenshot of how the admin config screen looks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25657278@N03/2414203794/

So, depending on what fields are required for HSBC integration, it would look somewhat different (of course). 

crypsoft

Post by hm2k » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:25 pm

I've recently been sent the API manual for HSBC epayments, and will be investigating this further over the next few weeks, if anyone else is interested, let me know.

Note: I did this in the end, msg me if you need this.
Last edited by hm2k on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

UK Web Hosting

Global Moderator

Location - UK