Post by fisher318 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:07 am

Isn't there a way to just stream in the UPS or USPS real time shipping rates based on shipping location and weight of the product? I know www.squirrelcart.com does it. But What would it take to put it into OpenCart?

This whole GeoZone/Tax Class scenario is really confusing. . . for me at least. I'm having a real hard time setting it up.

Denver Colorado Web Site Design and Internet Marketing | Tactical Flashlights

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:30 am

It is certainly possible to integrate the UPS shipping rate query into OpenCart because UPS provides a simple API using an XML protocol. The same is probably true for USPS according to their website at https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/ . If you only ship within the states, it might be easier to store all the distance and weight related shipping costs in additional DB tables and use these in a new shipment module for OpenCart, I did something similar for the Australia Post.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Geek » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 am

Would you happen to have a skeleton view of this shipping module or would you even be willing to share that shipping module with me at all?

I have been looking for something to implement into my shopping cart. But, alas, I have very limited knowledge of PHP and very little time at the moment to work on this from the ground up. Any help would be appreciated.

~Simplygeek.net

Location - Cyberspace, the final frontier...

Post by Qphoria » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:08 am

USPS realtime rates is already available on the contrib section. works great (cuz I made it  ;D)

im about halfway done with UPS

Administrator

Post by lotsofish » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:36 pm

Qphoria wrote: im about halfway done with UPS
Looking forward to this mod when it's ready! Let me know if I can help with this at all.

Post by Geek » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:46 am

Qphoria wrote: USPS realtime rates is already available on the contrib section. works great (cuz I made it  ;D)

im about halfway done with UPS
USPS doesn't provide me with the proper rates that I need, unfortunately.

I would love to know when the UPS mod is completed whenever you find the time to finish it. My distributor uses UPS and I would love to use OC for my site instead of ZenCart. ZenCart is nice, but it has to much going on for me at the moment.

~Simplygeek.net

Location - Cyberspace, the final frontier...