Post by matous » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:30 am

Hello all...please can anybody help me...I have changed design of my OC shop (see dveloping version www.monofin.eu). I have changed bckground colour to dark blue and all texts to white and red. But background in search box stay white and the text writen there is not visible. Is it possible change colour of text only in boxes and let colour of all other texts as it is.

Thanks a lot

Matous

Post by bruce » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:35 pm

Yes, but this is really an HTML and CSS question rather than something related only to OpenCart.

You can apply a style just to a particular box in the template file if you want or by giving it an ID and using that in the css template.

Post by webmastercorey » Thu May 08, 2008 3:09 am

It's still in the template section at least...

go to /catalog/template/default/module/search.tpl give the input field a class of input search:

Code: Select all

<input type="text" class="input-search" name="search" value="<?php echo $search; ?>" />
<input type="text" class="input-search" name="search" value="<?php echo $text_keywords; ?>" onclick="this.value = ''" />
then go to  /catalog/template/default/module/css/default.css and find /* box search */
add this underneath it:

.input-search
{
	color: #ff0000; // add what hex color you want here, in this case... red.
}
or if you want all input fields to have text color change just add this to your css

input
{
	color: #ff0000; // add what hex color you want here, in this case... red.
}
If you've yet to discover the full potential of css go to http://www.w3schools.com/Css/default.asp if you're unwilling to learn on your own. I suggest hiring someone. There are plenty of ppl here looking for some work i'm sure.
Last edited by webmastercorey on Thu May 08, 2008 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.