Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Hello Daniel, or anybody who could help!

I have created a live site, with 150 categories and 1500 products, whose database backup file is about 4MBytes in size. When I try to restore the database from a locally saved backup file, using a ADSL line of 256kbps upload speed, via Opencart's Admin>Configuration>Backup/Restore function, I never receive a response. I can see that the upload has started (flicking lights on the DSL router), but after about 2 minutes or so it just stops.

Is there way to increase the timeout period somewhere? Or is it because of an upper limit to the file size for SQL file to be uploaded?

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by JohnnyO » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Do you have access to phpMyAdmin ?? or a T1 line  :)

If you make it idiot proof, they will just build a better idiot.

Location - Denver, CO - USA

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:21 am

After further investigation I came to the conclusion that it must have been because of the large filesize. PHP was only configured to support up to 2 MBytes (upload_max_filesize "2M"). With PhpMyAdmin, it worked fine.

Still, I changed the admin/controller/upload.php so that it will return an error message when it doesn't detect an uploaded file:

Code: Select all

if (($request->isPost()) && ($this->validate())) {
			if ($upload->has('database')) {
				$file = $upload->get('database');
				$database->import(file_get_contents($file['tmp_name']));
				$session->set('message', $language->get('text_message'));
				$response->redirect($url->href('backup'));
			}
			$this->error['message'] = $language->get('error_not_uploaded');
		}

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member