Post by joegolike » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:25 am

I'm having a problem with the currency setting. Regardless of which currency I select in Admin > Config > Setting > Local tab, I can't make the products display with anything other than British pounds.

I've made sure my tax class is connected with the US zone too, but it still won't work.

I know for sure than it is locked on British Pounds because if I change the decimal point setting under Pounds to 3 spaces, products now have 3 zeros.

I started with a clean install of 0.7.8 and a blank db. I also installed the latest version of Juergen Neuhoff's Export/Import module.

Anyone else having these problems?

http://rachelburklund.com/store/index.p ... duct_id=54

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Qphoria » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:31 am

Looks like USD to me:

Attachments

???
usd.jpg

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by joegolike » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:32 am

I think Safari 3 on my Mac is not releasing the cache correctly, because Firefox shows the $ fine.

This from this forum post helped clue me in:
http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/topic,1621.0.html

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Geek » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:45 am

Just to be on the safe side...

Check to make sure that in your Administration Panel, go to the Admin -> Configuration -> Localisation -> Currency. Make sure that
your currency conversions are correct and if your default USD then set USD to 1.00 and then you can either use Yahoo! Finance or
Google to check your conversion rates. On Google, just type USD to EUR (or whatever you are wanting to convert to) in the search
box and then it will give you your exchange rate and that is what you would put in for EUR.

Just to double check and make sure that is all. I forget to modify that all the time and that is what usually throws me off and why it
cost more in USD than what I originally planned for it to be. OpenCart is set up for GBP (Pounds) by default.

~SimplyGeek.net

~Simplygeek.net


New member

Posts

Joined
Sat May 17, 2008 1:00 pm
Location - Cyberspace, the final frontier...

Post by joegolike » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:51 am

Thanks for the pointer Raj. I have had that same problem before that you were describing about conversion rates changing prices without me realizing it.

This problem however wasn't with incorrect amounts showing, but rather the wrong currency symbol. I figured out the problem in any case. My browser was loading the page from its cache. Reseting the cache and restarting the browser fixed it for me.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 23, 2008 3:42 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests