Post by DGLScripts » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:21 am

Hi.

At first glance my impression of Open Cart was "Hey, this looks ideal" but after spending hours trying to get it installed and then to be faced with countless errors, I am thinking that maybe more concentration should have gone into the coding side of it rather than making it look nice.

Here is what I am looking at currently: http://dglscripts.com/cart/

Trying to get it installed was a nightmare because the images/cache directory was not being recognized by cPanel 11 x3 skin. I had to change to x2 for the directory to actually show.

Also, you state that files etc should be CHMOD to 0666. This is wrong. They should be given 755 or 777 while installing and then changed to 644 afterwards for security. Not to 0444.

Please have a look at the above link and tell me how to fix this.

Also, you have a support forum here for Version 1.x but nowhere to download it?
Last edited by hm2k on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by DGLScripts » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:22 am

This gets worse.

http://dglscripts.com/cart/account

That goes to an old cart on my main site that I want to change from.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:03 am

It's fun to criticize when we are lost.....  ::)

There is a download to 1.x, but if you are having this many problems with the 99.9% stable 0.x, then you'd really hate 1.x which is more of a developers preview at this time.

From the sounds of it, you are using version 0.7.8
Please use the latest version of 0.7.9 and all your troubles will melt away. The reason the main page isn't updated is because we are working on a new site.

The old cart problem you are having is based on your htaccess not discerning the SEO url of:
http://www.mysite.com/cart <--controller with SEO mod_rewrite
http://www.mysite.com/cart <--folder
This might be something to look into, but as you can imagine this is pretty rare. Change the old foldername to something like cart1 and it will be gone
Last edited by Qphoria on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by DGLScripts » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:44 am

It's not fun to criticize at all, trust me.
If you had the right links up and the thing working correctly before moving on to build v1.0 I wouldn't be criticizing at all, I would probably be praising it.

Post by DGLScripts » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Ok I reinstalled it again and that went fine.
Now I try to add a download (zip file of just 345kb) and get the following:

Warning: setcookie() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/dglscrip/public_html/library/language/language.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dglscrip/public_html/library/language/language.php:49) in /home/dglscrip/public_html/library/environment/response.php on line 23

Dan

Post by DGLScripts » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Don't worry about it. I have gone with another script called Meganto.
I presume you guys are busy making version 1.0 without addressing the issues with the RC versions.
Plus, you have been checking new posts since your last visit with an hour or more so it is evident to me you are not interested in sorting issues out.

Good luck with it.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:48 pm

lol Welcome to the internet! Thanks for playing! Please stop by the main office for a full refund.  ::)
Last edited by Qphoria on Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by hm2k » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:05 pm

DGLScripts wrote: Ok I reinstalled it again and that went fine.
Now I try to add a download (zip file of just 345kb) and get the following:

Warning: setcookie() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/dglscrip/public_html/library/language/language.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dglscrip/public_html/library/language/language.php:49) in /home/dglscrip/public_html/library/environment/response.php on line 23

Dan
I was unable to replicate this error, are you sure you are using 0.7.9 RC5?
DGLScripts wrote: Don't worry about it. I have gone with another script called Meganto.
I presume you guys are busy making version 1.0 without addressing the issues with the RC versions.
Plus, you have been checking new posts since your last visit with an hour or more so it is evident to me you are not interested in sorting issues out.

Good luck with it.
Megento is a totally different animal. OpenCart caters for different requirements.

With regards to the rest, we are busy people, we work on this for free, we don't constantly check the forums I'm afraid, and "you" describes one person, we are a team of more than one person. We deal with stuff as and when we can.

To report bugs, please follow these instructions: http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/topic,1466.0.html

UK Web Hosting

Global Moderator

Location - UK

Post by jason_class » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:46 pm

Hi Dan

I understand your frustration. I tried other open source cart and really angry about getting all kinds of error and hard to explain to people for assistance. Sometimes it could be webhosting setting, phpadmin setting, database access issue, unknown cart coding... and .... I cant criticise too much of the people working free to support as I know there is limitation. Previous try on other sw totally got me nowhere. Cant even see the shopping cart loading correctly.(always prompt me to correct codes in line123,321..)
I just try all kinds of open source prog I can get until I find the right one.
Right now I find that opencart is so far so good. Still in the midst of trying..Opencart looks very simple compared to others. But if function is sufficient, it will be jjust nice for me.
I may not see the end of potential obstacles for using opencart. Anyway I have got a lot of assistance from the people here and i hope this will continue.
Hope this will motivate more positive discussion

Just to share what I feel about opencart support team...
Thank you all

Jason

Post by hm2k » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:43 am

Good to see there is still support out there. Thanks. :)

UK Web Hosting

Global Moderator

Location - UK

Post by yl » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:56 am

I totally agreed with Jason...... I've gotten support alot from this great team. Thank you all :D Cheer!! ;D

yl

Post by jason_class » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:32 am

:) Thanks everyone & Happy New Year to opencart members and all out there