Post by djbrock » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:26 pm

I'm having this trouble on the Admin side. If I try to add an image or update my Users Group, change my Product info. . . .  I've upgraded to 0.7.9RC5. 

Perhaps related or not: The Ignore Admin IP, the Duplicate, and the Upload Files extensions are installed.  I suspect the Upload Files contrib might be the problem but am not sure.

Post by hm2k » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:10 am

Your library is missing the validate class.

UK Web Hosting

Global Moderator

Location - UK

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:59 am

Be sure you copy all the new files over from RC5 when upgrading your current version.

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:00 am

I did copy all the files in the upgrade.  Recopying the /library did the trick for validation. But the new images I install are not showing.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:30 am

recopy the admin/controller/image file too then. Looks like if you had to recopy the library folder, there could be other files that didn't copy correctly

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:51 am

I've recopied and reupgraded the entire site but the new images still do not show.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:52 am

Are you inserting a new image? and you don't see them on the front page? or you dont see them in the list of images when editing products?

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:59 am

A new image.  It is not showing on the site, on the preview pages, or on the product page.  The name is there but the image is not.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:09 am

DId you upgrade from an earlier version? Or is this fresh install of opencart rc5?

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:10 am

I'm upgraded.  I had tried using old images before and they hadn't worked but I just tried again and one of them worked.

EDIT: actually, that turned out to not be true. I looked at the wrong spot.

EDIT: I've done a complete, new installation from RC5 and the problem remains.  
Last edited by djbrock on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Be sure the new images folder you uploaded is set to 755

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Okay, here's the deal.  I reinstalled RC4 completely and still had the same problems. (After selecting an image the "Open" button was not active) based upon that, I decided it must be something with the computer so I rebooted it and that made the RC4 version handle the images properly.  So I upgraded to RC5 and still I had the same problem of the images not showing.  The solution may raise more questions.

I uploaded file "a.jpg" to the /images directory.
I selected it as a new image.
The new image created uses file "a[1].jpg" but does not show up anywhere.
I checked to see that both versions of the jpg were in the /images directory, they were.
I check the byte size, they were identical.
I deleted the "a[1].jpg" file THEN duplicated "a.jpg" saving it as "a[1].jpg" and the image shows just fine.  Don't ask me to explain why.

EDIT: I have confirmed that the File Upload contrib breaks RC5 and causes the validation error. 
Last edited by djbrock on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:46 pm

hmm seems strange tho. I don't see any relation to the changes we made and the file upload. There were some library/image changes I suppose

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:02 pm

I'm trying this morning, again, to completely reinstall the Upload contrib.  I followed the steps through #8. When I went to save the changes, the validate error occurred again.  It now occurs whenever I try to save something, be it the top administrator settings or the product info.  Only recopying the files from my backup of the working RC5 version fixes this.

Based upon this thread, my guess is that it is something in the File Upload/Product Option/upload/library.  In fact, when I copy the files back to the library, the validation error disappears.  The rest of the site works, except for those links requiring File Upload.

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:11 pm

LOCATOR.PHP
I copied the locator.php and that made my page requiring File Upload look correct.  It allows me to upload a file, but then when I click "Add to Cart" I get an error telling me to upload a file.
BUT it causes the validation error to occur on the Admin side.

Added CART.PHP same problems.

Added ORDER.PHP, takes down the whole Shopper side. No Admin problem.

Added PRODUCT_OPTION.PHP, whole Shopper side still down.

Restored all 3 above PHP files, Shopper side came back. No function for File Upload, of course.
Last edited by djbrock on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:28 pm

Ah I see. There is a
product_option.zip file inside the upload contrib, Oddly I don't see the requirement to install that in the File upload readme.. but anyway... you will need to update the locator file in that contrib's library locator.php file with this:

EDIT: library/locator.php
ADD:

Code: Select all

function createValidate() {
        require_once(DIR_LIBRARY . 'validate/validate.php');

return new Validate($this);
    }
BEFORE:

Code: Select all

function createProductOption() {
        require_once(DIR_LIBRARY . 'cart/product_option.php');

return new ProductOption($this, 0);
    }

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Okay, now when I hit the link to go to the product page (having copied all the files listed above back with the modification) I get this.

Warning: Locator::require_once(/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/ocstore/library/cart/cart.php) [locator.require-once]: failed to
open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx/ocstore/library/locator.php on line 68

I'll begin looking at the Category and Admin directories now.  You're right the Readme.txt doesn't specify this installation, but the PDF does.

"Ensure that the Product Option enhancement for OpenCart is installed on the target system before
beginning installation of the file_upload contribution."
Last edited by djbrock on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:00 pm

After reuploading all the files from both the Contrib and the Product_option with the modification, my Shopper's side is completely down with this message:

Error: Could not create productOption!

The Admin side works correctly, however.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Are you sure you made the change properly above?

Use my copy

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:46 pm

I copied and pasted over the entry and compared it to yours. I could see no difference in that area.  Yours works well, though, so I'm using it.  Now I'm back to having the error

"Please upload an image for this file" after I've uploaded one and click the Add to Cart button.  The directory is created and the file is uploaded.  I verified this by deleting the previous directory entry and having it recreate it, which worked fine.  This function was working prior to the upgrade to RC5, but whether or not that has any relation to the matter I don't know.  The CGI script is the same as before so it must be something else.