Post by tiago.souza.lopes » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:48 am

Hi, everyone.

I am new in opencart and I want to know if the system implements this functionality:
Depending on the user relation with the vendor he/she will have different prices on the products.

This would be useful, for example, if you have retailer/middleman costumers.

Thank you and congratualions.

Post by Daniel » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:35 am

yes it does!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by tiago.souza.lopes » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:12 am

How does we access this functionality?
Is there any module needed?

In backoffice "Customers->Customer Group" it only shows the customer group name.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:02 am

Each product has a discount tab. Add a new discount and choose which customer groups sees it.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by tiago.souza.lopes » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:06 am

Ok, the product has a discount per customer group.
However, the customer only sees it on the shopping cart.
Am I forgetting anything?

Another question:
The module Customer Groups for OpenCart v1.3.0 can define a discount percentage to each customer group.
Is this the only way to do so?

best regards

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:32 am

tiago.souza.lopes wrote:Ok, the product has a discount per customer group.
However, the customer only sees it on the shopping cart.
Am I forgetting anything?

Another question:
The module Customer Groups for OpenCart v1.3.0 can define a discount percentage to each customer group.
Is this the only way to do so?

best regards
That mod was merged into the main code. You already have it. Like I said, create a discount for each customer group. Then depending on which customer group the customer belongs to, they will see the corresponding price.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by Noob » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:13 am

OK... so I got the customer discount thing all set up... However, I was curious if there was a way to "push" the customer to a specific group after registering.

So, for instance, the customer group "default" shows pricing for customers that are not registered and/or signed into my site and the customer group "wholesale" shows discounted rates for registering on the site.

Running the latest version. 1.5 (just downloaded on Saturday the 2nd of July 2011)

Post by novista » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:37 am

Noob wrote: So, for instance, the customer group "default" shows pricing for customers that are not registered and/or signed into my site and the customer group "wholesale" shows discounted rates for registering on the site.
I have a similar problem.
Should I make groups for buying pack, for example one price for buying subscripton for one product, but other for 10 articles? Because, that does not put a customer to advanced group.
Is this manually adjust or can be automated?

Novista - Be in the sight!
********************************************************************************************************
Internet marketing, design, programming, optimization, e-commerce, PR, social media, blog
********************************************************************************************************
http://www.novista.rs
http://www.lelika.com

Location - Belgrade

Post by strato » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:06 am

I've set up the User Group of Wholesale. Was wondering how I now can make only certain Coupons available to the Default users but not to the Wholesale users, as I don't wish to give such a great deal to the Wholesale account holders and then have them be able to use Coupon Codes to save an additional percentage off.
The Coupon Code settings don't seem to allow us to apply the coupon to only a certain user group. Is there something I'm missing??

Post by strato » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:17 am

We make certain Coupon Codes for our customers and potential customers who belong to various Forums on the Internet.

I was wondering if there is already a mod for adding a User group to the Coupon Code settings?

I'd like to set these Coupons to only be available to the Default users.. and not to Wholesale account users.. since they're already getting the wholesale Discount that is set in each product settings. As it is, within OpenCart.. all customers, no matter which user group they belong to, can use a Coupon Code they find on the Internet.

Our Wholesale account members already receive certain % off, depending on how many products they order. So if they're already saving 40% off on their purchase, we don't want them to use a coupon code for another additional 15% off.