Post by spooksdenimes » Fri May 11, 2012 4:14 am

Hi,

So, these last days, I tryed to buy a module from opencart store and pay through Paypal. However, it was twice refunded, and the second time i got this comment added :
stop buy from me. i don;t accept order with names like BBB and having ips from all over the world.
1) I don't know why it shows like this on your website, but my account is a profesionnal certified account with my personnal name and company name, and not "BBB" .

2) Yes, i'm based in China, so yeah i might be using VPN's sometimes and change my ip. Never had any issue before with other websites, and I bought the 2nd product without vpn, still not accepted. What possible good reason do you have to not accept my payment, just because i'm based in China ?

I was quite desapointed with Opencart, sent an email through contact but didn't get an answer, so I have to post here ..
I really need a module to continue to work on my website and you are blocking me for archieving it. So, please, stop c*ckblocking other webmasters here, you're not helping opencart business at all !

On another note, if somebody could help me buy this module, it would be very helpfull, since opencart doesn't allow me to buy the module myself .. I contacted the module owner as well.

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 11, 2012 11:23 am

Please understand we see a LOT of fraud everyday. We tend to get desensitized to it and it is easy to lump the somewhat suspicious with the very suspicious. If we see more than a few IP addresses, we start to assume fraud. If we see names like "asdfgfgfh" or "bbbbb" or "qqqqqq" or something... we assume its a fraud account or a secondary account aimed at abusing the voting system or otherwise.

We also have a fraud system in place the validates on IP distance to the billing address, which can also raise alarms.

I am not sure what the issue was in this case, but somewhere daniel is seeing "bbb" or something so he is assuming the worst. Please let me know your extension store name and I'll take a look

Administrator

Post by spooksdenimes » Mon May 14, 2012 1:00 am

Hi,

So, I checked my account, my opencart info has fake data "bbb, vv" yes, but my Paypal account has real account ..
I don't see how this can be a fraud ??? because i'm buying a module and not selling one, so .. is it because some people try to buy modules with hacked paypal accounts ?

Lucky for me, I sent a message to the module owner through his demo website and was able to make buy module from him.